Ren'Py Abandoned Cutely Suspicious [v0.12.033] [Ellaraia]

3.10 star(s) 21 Votes

SvenVlad

Modder
Aug 11, 2017
It only took 6 versions and endless grinding to touch her boobies. Things are progressing smoothly.

• Haha
Reactions: Kamikazi69

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/Cute/Pictures/Evening.jpg'.

tobigoku

May 28, 2018
Can't Complete this three Quests.
Together.jpg Personal Photographer.jpg Trading Kisses.jpg

At Together I miss one Masturbate Scene but I don't know where I can find it.
At Personal Photographer I stuck at buying Underwear. The New Outfits I had buy, Dance, Witch, Nurse. But the Underwear is missing at the Shop.
And Trading Kisses I can't complete, I don't know where are the Last Locations to kiss her.

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
Haven't tried the game yet, but just from reading the posts I'm completely turned off from it. This sounds like the most convoluted sandbox game and more annoying to play than most.

Reactions: nillax

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
That's about right. Ellaria is a great writer of brother/sister relationships but the game systems seems to be the focus with this one rather than character interaction. At least for right now. It's very quick and fleeting when you do get some time with sis.

I would highly recommend his earlier games, those have a lot more character interaction and sexiness. Hopefully this one will get there...I think the greatest strength is the character interaction hopefully that takes precedence over tasks.

Reactions: Ellaraia

LemuresXL

Sep 3, 2017
Can't Complete this three Quests.
View attachment 917132 View attachment 917133 View attachment 917134

At Together I miss one Masturbate Scene but I don't know where I can find it.
At Personal Photographer I stuck at buying Underwear. The New Outfits I had buy, Dance, Witch, Nurse. But the Underwear is missing at the Shop.
And Trading Kisses I can't complete, I don't know where are the Last Locations to kiss her.
Exact same three I'm stuck on. I have no idea.

Jan 28, 2019
I have one AMAZING gripe with this game:
I'm colorblind.

Seeing when stats change and how much they change can be hard to see, but the bigger issue is the "evolutions" because I genuinely can not tell what colors some of them are.

This feature needs to not be strictly color based, and it needs some kind of interface (say, on your phone) to give you a better idea of what has changed.

Steve70

Sep 13, 2017
It seems that 90% of this game is figuring out through trial and error how to do what you want to do. The "hint" system is almost useless, giving only vague descriptions of what your current goals are. Then, assuming you manage to figure out what is needed to progress, no information is given regarding the steps you must take to achieve said progress. To make things even more difficult, feedback is extremely limited, so you will not know why your effort failed to achieve the desired results, and even if you do find success, you will not necessarily understand how or why.

Unfortunately, this game's mechanics are as clear as mud.

Taking just one example, "In Her Thoughts" requires you to "catch" Sarah in four out of six situations. "Catch" is undefined, as are the situations wherein you are supposed to "catch" her. I managed to rack up two out of those six without even knowing it, so I have no idea what I did to get those two, nor do I have any idea what I am apparently missing.

The main characteristic of a "good" puzzle is that all information required to solve it is at hand. That means the solver has only to work with what is there to find a solution. When puzzle-solving takes a back seat to deciphering the game's mechanics, you know you're doing something wrong.

Reactions: kreuzer2

Optimelle

May 7, 2017
There are too many complaints about how hard the game is and how hard the puzzles are and how bad the hints are! To those complaining about these things I recommend playing a QSP where the hints are usually in the dialogues (non-repeatable so you missed it you're fucked) diary/quest log usually non-existent and they are usually far larger environments with more flags that need to be triggered (the right character at the right time at the right location).
CS is not that difficult it's just buggy being a WIP. I expect things to improve in the future, including the interface and hints system (which is pretty straightforward if you ask me). Yes, I am also stuck with some quests but that does not make me moan like a cat in heat just waiting for the fix(es) or next updates (which usually come with bunch of fixes)

For those that with the missing *images/cute/pictures* folder, just create it yourself and add the following files in it: Evening.jpg, Gaming.jpg, Homework.jpg, Phone.jpg, Reading.jpg, Sleeping.jpg, Waiting.jpg. These aren't in the game folder but you can rename any old jpg. Bear in mind there are two other jpg's. It depends what pics you took. I did not take the pics in the bathroom which I can only suspect it will be Bathroom.jpg and in the laundry which could be Laundry.jpg. If you still get the error and game crashes check the lines right at the end of the traceback and it will give you the name of the file the game can't find. Or just wait for the fix :p

Jan 28, 2019
I'm really enjoying the game, but it bugged out on me pretty badly, and I don't know why.

1) I had both girls in the "girlfriend" evo, but suddenly Dani wasn't anymore. Checked the points, and her lust evo was still the highest, at around 35. Unsure why she is no longer in girlfriend evo.

2) for "the cutest model" quest, whenever I try to finish it by showing her my phone, the whole game crashes. Every time.

3) Despite not having any evo set. Dani has decided to spank me?

4) Cute had her horniness really high, and then the next time of day, it was gone. No masturbation scene.

5) I'm supposed to by Dani undies for modeling. There are none to buy...

Beyond that, some comments and input:
We don't know why the MC left home or came back home. There is also not a lot of actual dialog options, to get to know anyone.
No matter what, I can't seem to elevate suspicion for Dani. It will get up around 40, and then go away again. Maybe it automatically decays and I just don't notice it? As for Cute, I struggle to lower it. It seems the only way to lower it is to skip to the time of day when she is watching TV with mom, and watch together with them. That lowers it by 5. I've skipped dozens of in-game days just for that scene, to lower the points to a level where I can actually do things again.

We really aren't given an in-game reason for why mom gets suspicious of us and doesn't trust us. And there is no reason for suspicion on Cute or Dani to rise when things happen and mom isn't home...

All in all, I really like the game, but it is at least a little buggy, and it needs more dialog, between all the characters, just to better establish who they are. And even if NO mom content is ever planned, game mechanics based on her (gaining/losing trust, being able to explain things away, asking favors, etc) would make a big difference.

Reactions: Ellaraia

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
I have one AMAZING gripe with this game:
I'm colorblind.

Seeing when stats change and how much they change can be hard to see, but the bigger issue is the "evolutions" because I genuinely can not tell what colors some of them are.

This feature needs to not be strictly color based, and it needs some kind of interface (say, on your phone) to give you a better idea of what has changed.
The colours are going away/losing importance in the next update as the evo system is shifting from act-based to story-based.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
I'm really enjoying the game, but it bugged out on me pretty badly, and I don't know why.

1) I had both girls in the "girlfriend" evo, but suddenly Dani wasn't anymore. Checked the points, and her lust evo was still the highest, at around 35. Unsure why she is no longer in girlfriend evo.

2) for "the cutest model" quest, whenever I try to finish it by showing her my phone, the whole game crashes. Every time.

3) Despite not having any evo set. Dani has decided to spank me?

4) Cute had her horniness really high, and then the next time of day, it was gone. No masturbation scene.

5) I'm supposed to by Dani undies for modeling. There are none to buy...

Beyond that, some comments and input:
We don't know why the MC left home or came back home. There is also not a lot of actual dialog options, to get to know anyone.
No matter what, I can't seem to elevate suspicion for Dani. It will get up around 40, and then go away again. Maybe it automatically decays and I just don't notice it? As for Cute, I struggle to lower it. It seems the only way to lower it is to skip to the time of day when she is watching TV with mom, and watch together with them. That lowers it by 5. I've skipped dozens of in-game days just for that scene, to lower the points to a level where I can actually do things again.

We really aren't given an in-game reason for why mom gets suspicious of us and doesn't trust us. And there is no reason for suspicion on Cute or Dani to rise when things happen and mom isn't home...

All in all, I really like the game, but it is at least a little buggy, and it needs more dialog, between all the characters, just to better establish who they are. And even if NO mom content is ever planned, game mechanics based on her (gaining/losing trust, being able to explain things away, asking favors, etc) would make a big difference.
To try and stop flip-flopping back and forth between evos, you have to be a decent distance ahead in one for it to be your current evo. It's like 20% or something which is probably why you went back to neutral.

Cute masturbated without you. :(

2 and 5 are bugs. 2 is fixed and I'll look into 5 today. Patch will be out later today.

Thanks for the feedback. The amount of dialogue and less-annoying progression has been suffering in the last few updates because of the pressure to add new sexy content that looks good in a change-log. I'm aiming to fix a lot of this with the next update which is about the overall game and improvements rather than just getting people to play it.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
It seems that 90% of this game is figuring out through trial and error how to do what you want to do. The "hint" system is almost useless, giving only vague descriptions of what your current goals are. Then, assuming you manage to figure out what is needed to progress, no information is given regarding the steps you must take to achieve said progress. To make things even more difficult, feedback is extremely limited, so you will not know why your effort failed to achieve the desired results, and even if you do find success, you will not necessarily understand how or why.

Unfortunately, this game's mechanics are as clear as mud.

Taking just one example, "In Her Thoughts" requires you to "catch" Sarah in four out of six situations. "Catch" is undefined, as are the situations wherein you are supposed to "catch" her. I managed to rack up two out of those six without even knowing it, so I have no idea what I did to get those two, nor do I have any idea what I am apparently missing.

The main characteristic of a "good" puzzle is that all information required to solve it is at hand. That means the solver has only to work with what is there to find a solution. When puzzle-solving takes a back seat to deciphering the game's mechanics, you know you're doing something wrong.
I'm looking to add a second hint layer in the next update. So, if the diary hint isn't enough for you, you can also have a more in-depth hint.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
Thanks for everyone's feedback. I won't reply too it all because there are many changes coming in the next update which are far better explained in dev diaries than they are in repeated comments. I am reading them all though and appreciate the input. Said dev diaries will be available to eveyone and I'll post links here when they're posted. I'm very excited about the next update and I think a lot of people's grievances will be sorted out without hindering the game. I believe there is a lot of quality changes in there and I hope everyone agrees.

If you post about an issue which a dev diary directly covers I will try to @ you when it's released. Anyway, I have a patch to make. See ya.

3.10 star(s) 21 Votes