Ren'Py Abandoned Cutely Suspicious [v0.12.033] [Ellaraia]

3.10 star(s) 21 Votes

wbia

Oct 22, 2017
I see this game is sadly going the same way as all his games: first not satisfied, then reworked, then dropped.

Optimelle

May 7, 2017
Wow! This game was going somewhere and now they decided to revamp the whole thing? Complete piece of crap in it's current state. "Talk" button is a place holder 90% of the time and you just click the days away to progress the story with one character only. Mechanics gone out the window too. Shame, I kind of enjoyed this up to v.0.7. There's nothing to enjoy now except the nice renders, but there's plenty of those here so not really worth downloading...

Reactions: dragonbro91

anonj2

Oct 29, 2020
I thought I had said my piece already, guess I was wrong. When you're bashing the dev / current release, could you do us a favor and show us the rating for your most popular game you've published, how much you've contributed to the game's Patreon, and a rough count of how many previous responses have said the exact same thing as you?

The past couple pages of this thread are how you alienate and lose good contributors.

• Angry
Reactions: satan1972

Optimelle

May 7, 2017
I thought I had said my piece already, guess I was wrong. When you're bashing the dev / current release, could you do us a favor and show us the rating for your most popular game you've published, how much you've contributed to the game's Patreon, and a rough count of how many previous responses have said the exact same thing as you?

The past couple pages of this thread are how you alienate and lose good contributors.
If your post is directed to me know I supported games on Patreon (and others) before and currently supporting only one. Tempted to support another.

If your question is how much I donated know it usually is equal or goes above the average AAA game price. I also sometimes pay a one time $20 or $30 (depending on what the tiers allow) for completed games that I like just for downloading them. You may also take into consideration that this game was also on my list for potential support. Probably why I was so disappointed to see this shift in development.

If you're asking what my own game ratings are, know I do not have the time to create games as I work hard and sometimes the only thing I can do after work is crash in bed. I do dabble in DAZ renders and I posted on F95 a few of them. Got enough likes on those but I do that for myself, for fun.

Now could you do us all a favour? A favour for a favour? Take your attitude elsewhere, Mr Keyboard Warrior. This kinda attitude is yesterday's news, my friend, and today it's only boring at best.

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
Looking at the stack dumps it really looks like the developer needs to seriously look at how he's calling things.

Scene, return, scene, return.

If you continually add to the stack there's no way to avoid failing. It's like building a stack of bricks up in to the sky with or without mortar, eventually gravity will win and it will all come tumbling down.

erbk

Apr 11, 2020
I love the idea of this game but it's in rough state.

Especially during the weekends, the transition from street/date scenes to bed is too immediate, it feels like the game skipped scenes.
After you start sleeping together, the girl changes clothes between frames when you choose certain options.
When I got to the point where you start touching each other during masturbation the game started crashing with unrecoverable stack errors. I had multiple exceptions before ("Switch could not choose a displayable.") but then I could recover to skip the day by going to bed early but now the save is in an unplayable state.

Wolfman1987

Feb 17, 2019
How to do #19? i go to the room when she is masturbating, but when "knock" she says come in and she's just sitting reading :/

Last edited:
Reactions: PepeFo

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
Maybe instead of complaining that the game is too buggy, post a bug report and/or your save so I can actually fucking fix it. That way we can all be happy.

Reactions: fz

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
Looking at the stack dumps it really looks like the developer needs to seriously look at how he's calling things.

Scene, return, scene, return.

If you continually add to the stack there's no way to avoid failing. It's like building a stack of bricks up in to the sky with or without mortar, eventually gravity will win and it will all come tumbling down.
The way I thought it worked wast that jumps emptied it. Calls can be returned to but jumps cannot, at least that's what I thought but jumps were working like calls a few weeks ago so I don't really know what's up. It's supposed to have a jump whenever time changes, reseting everything.

3.10 star(s) 21 Votes