Ren'Py Abandoned Cutely Suspicious [v0.12.033] [Ellaraia]

3.10 star(s) 21 Votes

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
I love the idea of this game but it's in rough state.

Especially during the weekends, the transition from street/date scenes to bed is too immediate, it feels like the game skipped scenes.
After you start sleeping together, the girl changes clothes between frames when you choose certain options.
When I got to the point where you start touching each other during masturbation the game started crashing with unrecoverable stack errors. I had multiple exceptions before ("Switch could not choose a displayable.") but then I could recover to skip the day by going to bed early but now the save is in an unplayable state.
Fixed. thanks for the traceback.

Reactions: erbk

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
Wow! This game was going somewhere and now they decided to revamp the whole thing? Complete piece of crap in it's current state. "Talk" button is a place holder 90% of the time and you just click the days away to progress the story with one character only. Mechanics gone out the window too. Shame, I kind of enjoyed this up to v.0.7. There's nothing to enjoy now except the nice renders, but there's plenty of those here so not really worth downloading...
As mith many things, I ran out time to add the extra dialogue sadly. It'll be back soon.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
Ellaraia are there any plans for us to eventually be able to tame the villainous landlady? Nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
I hate having to restart games... OLD SAVES DO NOT WORK WITH THIS UPDATE FOR ME... Don't know if it is worth starting over. I was looking forward to playing the new update, but it looks like it is going to be a TRAIN WRECK.
I could've spent the next month making old saves work but decided that would be dumb, so went a different path.

i107760

Sistersitting / Housesitting Developer
Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
Read your dev blog on Patreon, you seemed a little down. Hope you're doing alright, I'll wait for 0.09 to see what you have planned. Agree on the points you raised in the devblog about photography and gameplay mechanics, although I personally love Cute and the slow burn.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ellaraia

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
Read your dev blog on Patreon, you seemed a little down. Hope you're doing alright, I'll wait for 0.09 to see what you have planned. Agree on the points you raised in the devblog about photography and gameplay mechanics, although I personally love Cute and the slow burn.
I just wasn't happy with the state of the release. So much missing and what is there is hard to tell the quality of because of the stuff that's missing. I'm happy with the direction it's headed and would certainly advise waiting for the best experience.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
If you have a error in task 9 with Margaret try to talk to her at 22:00 on Friday and choose 2 answer. It helped me.
If clicking on one of the options doesn't work it's because it's blocked due to previous choices. I assume that's the problem you mean.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
Both dialogs freeze game! Save and Traceback atached

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
Such a strange error. It only crashes if you click through slowly and read things. If you hold control to skip through then there's no error. I kinda get what's happening, now to try and find where it's happening. Ty for the report.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
Looking at the stack dumps it really looks like the developer needs to seriously look at how he's calling things.

Scene, return, scene, return.

If you continually add to the stack there's no way to avoid failing. It's like building a stack of bricks up in to the sky with or without mortar, eventually gravity will win and it will all come tumbling down.
I did some reading and I was right but also wrong. The jump just doesn't add to the stack. I always saw it as a reset. Do you know of a way to clear the stack? Or should I just try to swap calls with jumps which seems like a crap solution because there will always be some calls for some things so the stack will get huge eventually anyway, just not so quickly.

riktor

Nov 26, 2018
Do you know of a way to clear the stack?
probably using if the call you're in is not meant to return to the original jump point.

Though using jumps when possible and calls that always return (no calls or jumps within a call) would be better imho.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cirdon and Ellaraia

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
Though using jumps when possible and calls that always return (no calls or jumps within a call) would be better imho.
Yep... that's the answer.

Normal place to place navigation should be jumps because there is no reason to expect you're going to return to the spot you came from.

Choices that lead to scenes in that location should be calls because you are going to return to where you came from.

Reactions: Ellaraia

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
Yep... that's the answer.

Normal place to place navigation should be jumps because there is no reason to expect you're going to return to the spot you came from.

Choices that lead to scenes in that location should be calls because you are going to return to where you came from.
Yeah, I did a quick look into where I use each and it's mostly as I remember but I'm using calls instead of jumps when you select what to do within a room from the UI. I think this is the cause of the buildup because you do this a lot and it's not functions like most of my uses.

3.10 star(s) 21 Votes