ben akeba

May 9, 2018
:S
confusing
unfapable
i'm not sure where i should report this but i'm sure i should be reporting it somewhere

was my first reaction, renders are ok (if you forget the girl who is an oversized "little girl" charadesign wise) story is somewhat fun, creepy and brutal so i guess it check the aim of the dev (if you forget the girl who sound like a retard when she isn't speaking like the worst caricature of an emo teenager)

so i'd say the real problem is that the game look more like the prologue of the game in which the girl actualy get corrupted as she "only" get soiled here

Reactions: Thunderclap44

chaos1123

Nov 17, 2017
:S
confusing
unfapable
i'm not sure where i should report this but i'm sure i should be reporting it somewhere

was my first reaction, renders are ok (if you forget the girl who is an oversized "little girl" charadesign wise) story is somewhat fun, creepy and brutal so i guess it check the aim of the dev (if you forget the girl who sound like a retard when she isn't speaking like the worst caricature of an emo teenager)

so i'd say the real problem is that the game look more like the prologue of the game in which the girl actualy get corrupted as she "only" get soiled here
I agree, the corruption tag is definitely not a usable tag for this game. No actual corruption seems to be taking place. While the story synopsis bills it in the same vein as like Cohabitation or something, it really isn't anything. It almost seems like a troll game, but these renders are actually kind of nice.

Freakbunny

Game Developer
Jan 9, 2023
I agree, the corruption tag is definitely not a usable tag for this game. No actual corruption seems to be taking place. While the story synopsis bills it in the same vein as like Cohabitation or something, it really isn't anything. It almost seems like a troll game, but these renders are actually kind of nice.
I think it's totally fine to critique and dislike this game, especially since I tried to subvert expectations with it, and it's not my place to invalidate anyone's thoughts on my work - but one thing I'd humbly push back on is the idea that the game is completely devoid of corruption.

If your definition of corruption is focused on someone coming to ENJOY whatever pervy stuff they're being forced into, then yeah, this game doesn't have that - but what it DOES have is a character who goes from innocent to depraved. Maybe I'm operating under a too-loose definition, but that's corruption to me. She was pure, and then she wasn't, and she'll never be the same again.

chaos1123

Nov 17, 2017
I think it's totally fine to critique and dislike this game, especially since I tried to subvert expectations with it, and it's not my place to invalidate anyone's thoughts on my work - but one thing I'd humbly push back on is the idea that the game is completely devoid of corruption.

If your definition of corruption is focused on someone coming to ENJOY whatever pervy stuff they're being forced into, then yeah, this game doesn't have that - but what it DOES have is a character who goes from innocent to depraved. Maybe I'm operating under a too-loose definition, but that's corruption to me. She was pure, and then she wasn't, and she'll never be the same again.
I would ask you to point to her supposed depravity. Yes she is probably forever psychologically scarred. This isn't corruption though, loss of innocence, yes; and the psychological horror, yes. By your definition any sort of non-con experience would be corruption. Corruption has to see some sort of fall of character values. IE becoming more accepting of sexual advances, or developing new fetishes.

Last edited:

chaos1123

Nov 17, 2017
Like I understand wanting to subvert somethings
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
in your game, but there is a line between doing that and giving people false expectations to your game. I clicked on the game to look at it because it checked a lot of boxes that made it seem similar enough to something like "Cohabitation" and going through the synopsis and tags and story led me to think it was going to be something similar to that.

Reactions: anon280

Freakbunny

Game Developer
Jan 9, 2023
I guess I just tend to equate loss of innocence with corruption, then - always how I've referred to the term, though it could just be me.
Lots of people will be disappointed with how the game progresses, but plenty will be pleasantly surprised in a way that necessitates a story that isn't what it seems to be on the surface. If you had to pay to play this, on the other hand, then that'd be scummy~

chaos1123

Nov 17, 2017
I guess I just tend to equate loss of innocence with corruption, then - always how I've referred to the term, though it could just be me.
Lots of people will be disappointed with how the game progresses, but plenty will be pleasantly surprised in a way that necessitates a story that isn't what it seems to be on the surface. If you had to pay to play this, on the other hand, then that'd be scummy~
So, as a developer, I would suggest at some point, go through the updates on here and sorting with just corruption games. And check them out, don't necessarily have to play them, but see what the general tag presents as. Yeah, if I had paid for this, I probably would have been really incensed, instead of mildly annoyed. The bigger sticking point is that you make the claim for meaningful choices, even going so far as to bold it. The most meaningful choice that you present for the reader is

ara1111

Apr 6, 2019
Another honey select/koikatsu asset flip with "le whacky random and totally deep" zalgo text, random non-sequitours into only vaguely related to anything rants about morals, etc.
In any other case this just seems to be bad writers on F95 trying to gaslight their audience into thinking they can write by being really weird, but the writing here is otherwise fine, so its more like they're trying to gaslight their audience into thinking they can't write. Very weird.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
That was... interesting. I wouldn't say that I liked it exactly but it definitely got me interested enough to check out your other game. Not that enjoyable, thoroughly unpleasant and a little too short to really satisfy, only one sex scene really, but I'm still glad I played it.

So, this is completely different from Cohabitation?
Not even close. Cohabitation is pure vanilla compared to this. Only real similarity is it's an ugly bastard and his niece.

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
Thanks for letting me know, I've identified the underlying problem - will release a fix soon!
That's not the only game where this is happening. It's showing me saves for a different game, but I'm damned if I can remember its name.

(And is that a "default folder name" of some sort being used by Renpy?)

Freakbunny

Game Developer
Jan 9, 2023
That's not the only game where this is happening. It's showing me saves for a different game, but I'm damned if I can remember its name.

(And is that a "default folder name" of some sort being used by Renpy?)
The UI for this game was based on a public asset that comes with its own code - I believe overlapping code from multiple games using that asset is leading to the save issue.

Reactions: TheSidewinder

anon280

Nov 11, 2017
- but one thing I'd humbly push back on is the idea that the game is completely devoid of corruption.

I would ask you to point to her supposed depravity. Yes she is probably forever psychologically scarred. This isn't corruption though, loss of innocence, yes; and the psychological horror, yes. By your definition any sort of non-con experience would be corruption. Corruption has to see some sort of fall of character values. IE becoming more accepting of sexual advances, or developing new fetishes.
So, as a developer, I would suggest at some point, go through the updates on here and sorting with just corruption games. And check them out, don't necessarily have to play them, but see what the general tag presents as.
according to f95zone's tag rules:
  • Corruption [Corrupting someone's mind robbing them of their purity/innocence.]
dev is not wrong in his understanding and use of adding the tag here

moonbaby

Jan 20, 2018
Ahh and today we have learned the lesson of reading ALL the tags before downloading...
Didn't see the horror tag. LOL was enjoying it until you went all dokidoki club on me.
OKIE DOKI :D and yes i saw it, but wasnt horror thought woulda been. the schoolroom part , neck snapping

Demithycs

Jan 20, 2018
I think this was a solid game although I am disappointed, but only because I just wanted it to continue only to be left with basically a cliff hanger.

See you in the maybe-sequel/actual game I guess?

anon280

Nov 11, 2017
didn't add this in my review cause didn't want it to be longr than it already is:

loved the satire in the classroom and the
the analogy of the flower and it's seasons, given that it's already a symbol of femininity

didn't realise the similarity with dokidoki but i want to guess you read it?

1.90 star(s) 22 Votes