Freakbunny

Game Developer
Jan 9, 2023
didn't add this in my review cause didn't want it to be longr than it already is:

loved the satire in the classroom and the
the analogy of the flower and it's seasons, given that it's already a symbol of femininity

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

didn't realise the similarity with dokidoki but i want to guess you read it?
So so happy to hear you're looking at the game this way :D I did read DDLC, but I was drawing more inspiration from stuff like Lessons in Love and Wonderful Everyday for this.

Freakbunny

Game Developer
Jan 9, 2023
I think this was a solid game although I am disappointed, but only because I just wanted it to continue only to be left with basically a cliff hanger.

See you in the maybe-sequel/actual game I guess?
Yeahh, definitely understand the short length as a drawback - wanted to get something new out without dragging on development for toooo long, but future projects will definitely be meatier!

• Red Heart
Reactions: octav3k

nitemarez44

Jan 10, 2022
I have some recommendations on the purely technical side of things. First you can use a image converter to change your .png files to .webp files reduce file size significantly. I use the program Advanced Batch Image Converter (ABIC, available on source forge) and at 95% quality it reduces file size of a .png by around 85-90% with very minimal concessions on image quality. You seem to be using some .webp images in your game so maybe you figured this out towards the end of development and couldn't be asked to go back and convert the old files.

The second recommendation is for HS2. In character creation when changing hair you can select between hair 1 and hair 2 for the rendering method of your character's hair. I'm 99% sure you're using hair 1 as their is a lot of pixilation around the edges of hair. Hair 1 only looks decent when you're rending at high resolution (4k+) and even then only when rendering close up shots. Hair 2 sacrifices a small amount detail up close at high resolution, but ends up looking a lot cleaner around the edges compared to hair 1. Finally, and you might be doing this already, rending screenshots at 4k and then downscaling them to 1080p generally results in better final images compared just to rendering at 1080p.

Best of luck in future endeavors.

ben akeba

May 9, 2018
AH, I hugely appreciate you looking into that!
it's still an out, she stay the same from start to finish, the only change is that she now don't "love" her uncle anymore, nothing else is shown about her mind in text, it is hard to show any mesure of corruption in a 30/40 min game after all

Dreztler

May 1, 2018
Well, that was not what I expected, but I was pleasantly surprised. Not going to say anything more than that, as I don't want to spoil anything for anyone.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
it's still an out, she stay the same from start to finish, the only change is that she now don't "love" her uncle anymore, nothing else is shown about her mind in text, it is hard to show any mesure of corruption in a 30/40 min game after all
That pretty much nails it imo. Game should've had probably 2 or 3 more scenes over which she actually got corrupted, then had daddy find the videos on her phone all on his own which could then lead to the ending.

ben akeba

May 9, 2018
That pretty much nails it imo. Game should've had probably 2 or 3 more scenes over which she actually got corrupted, then had daddy find the videos on her phone all on his own which could then lead to the ending.
the only character who somehow become corrupted is the father and the game isn't about him that's not nailling it :S
game is barely a prologue and an add for another game, more scene are clearly needed before she get corrupted (unless dev give us a peek at her thought) aslo her rant on her father isn't needed, it could bring something in a much longer game, but here it's just wasting time and make no sense, same for the flashback, both those scene are part of the reason i think she does not change

Reactions: gibbonraver

dwoolfy

Apr 17, 2020
So the 'choices' only change some of the text in right after the 'choice', but does not affect the actual story itself. Really needs a few extra endings, maybe a few more corruption scenes, but else-wise it is pretty decent. Didn't really care for the crayon like drawings, which seemed to be about the mental trauma.

Rozhok

Jun 29, 2017
Looks like a bunch of snowflakes giving it 1 star reviews now. Unfair imo
You should have added the rape tag from the beginning and put up a warning though. Its clear that many people interpret "corruption" in a more vanilla way, which this clearly is not.

Hope this won't prevent you from making more stuff, because you're very talented and I love the fact you're trying something different.

char_2.0

Jul 15, 2021
Good game, too bad the fat guy doesn't win, an alternafive ending would be great. And a second chapter, but that would already be very pretentious on my part hehe

Reactions: Rozhok
1.90 star(s) 22 Votes