4.70 star(s) 18 Votes

DiPeppo

Developer of Cyberheart
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2022
Everything stops working when she asks MC if he wants a reminder of his role.... if that helps at all. The error occurs right before that screen comes up I can ignore the error but the game or back ground functions don't. no new errors pop up just the screen stays stuck on that one sentence and render.
Really strange, indeed. I will see what I can do about it - for now, I'm really out of ideas now. Thanks again for the report!

DiPeppo

Developer of Cyberheart
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2022
It's ok. I will definitely keep my eyes on it for a fix or patch. I hope it's not a big headache for you. Good luck.
If it's worth anything, I'd suggest a fix by someone else:

• Move the buttons from the english folder onto the general folder (one level right above the english folder). Remember to cut and paste.
  • Try to redownload completely, and then move that to a different drive.
  • Start the game, before you do anything, save it, then reload the save.

Other than that, I will ask around to see what could be causing the errors you mentioned.

Last edited:

Earply

Dec 31, 2020
This got way to many errors to post all here. Pity i liked the story, but in the current state it's not working anymore.

• Sad
Reactions: DiPeppo

DiPeppo

Developer of Cyberheart
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2022
This got way to many errors to post all here. Pity i liked the story, but in the current state it's not working anymore.
Big reason why we got errors is that I upgraded from Ren'py 7 to Ren'py 8 to get the support of .avif. This is the hiccup we need to get through, but I like to think that it's the right cost to switch to Ren'py 8.

Don't worry, the game is not dying - I'm sure that these problems can be sorted soon. ;)

Reactions: McGreed

zeph19

Jul 6, 2017
Hmm, interesting. Touching. Quite the little experiment, huh? It put Meredith in a more positive light for me. Well, until she decides to be a bitch again, for no reason. The backstory and extra don't give her permission to treat others like shit.

Was that an AI or real voice in the beginning?

Lots of translation errors though - "Remi, votre petite artiste", for example, translates to "Remi, your little artist", not "our little artist"
"Elle peint toujous" also translate to "She always paints" instead of "She still paints."

Were these stylistic, deliberate choices?

The art looks great and promising, but could use some work, I think? Lots of noise, making the images look too sharp. Her skin looks red / orange at times - but that could be my monitor's settings playing tricks on me, I guess. Did you use "real" backgrounds at times, like the ocean or the lavender fields?

The song was beautiful! Just like during the cutscene where Meredith played music at the studio I just sat back and enjoyed the moment. Did you write it yourself?

Do you have a background in making digital art or working with UE for example, or did you learn everything from the ground up for Cyberheart? It's astounding how good everything you produce looks. I want to make my own game at some point and the writing / coding are not an issue, but the visuals.. phew.

I really enjoyed this small little bit about Meredith and can't fucking wait for the next update.

Enjoy your holidays and celebrate the new year with some good company! Cheers.

DiPeppo

Developer of Cyberheart
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2022
Hmm, interesting. Touching. Quite the little experiment, huh? It put Meredith in a more positive light for me. Well, until she decides to be a bitch again, for no reason. The backstory and extra don't give her permission to treat others like shit.
Oh, this is just beginning - you will see more and more sides of Meredith you don't expect. ;)

Was that an AI or real voice in the beginning?
This was a real voice, commissioned! I deliberately picked a voice that is raspy/husky (with the help of others, of course), because I think it sounds like...what we all imagine Meredith would sound like.

Lots of translation errors though - "Remi, votre petite artiste", for example, translates to "Remi, your little artist", not "our little artist"
"Elle peint toujous" also translate to "She always paints" instead of "She still paints."
And rip, you are correct. I have given this translation to someone to translate, but then a fella helped me rewrite some bits in English (after the translation process), and I decided not to bother the person who helped me translate because they did out of niceness. :cry: "Our" instead of "your" sounds closer and not estranged, and the other one...I will need to fix that. Nice catch though!

The art looks great and promising, but could use some work, I think? Lots of noise, making the images look too sharp. Her skin looks red / orange at times - but that could be my monitor's settings playing tricks on me, I guess. Did you use "real" backgrounds at times, like the ocean or the lavender fields?
I deliberately chose a more grainier style (in fact, I inserted grains in post-processing) and a cinematic frames to get that uh...what do you call it... It's more nostalgic, more retro-ish vibe, signifying the journey of Meredith to visit a piece of her and Remi's past.

And nah, everything was made in Blender, though I did reference some real world places. Here's an example:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The song was beautiful! Just like during the cutscene where Meredith played music at the studio I just sat back and enjoyed the moment. Did you write it yourself?
I certainly did! It wasn't something to write home about but I still consider my first time of songwriting to be...okay. That's it though, I will ask someone that knows what they are doing next time. :ROFLMAO:

Do you have a background in making digital art or working with UE for example, or did you learn everything from the ground up for Cyberheart? It's astounding how good everything you produce looks. I want to make my own game at some point and the writing / coding are not an issue, but the visuals.. phew.
I'd say not really. I can't really draw from scratch and certainly don't have any formal art training. I kinda suck at it, if I have to be honest. By time though, I think that with learning, many things should be doable. Using an analogy: of course, I won't be doing the things that a 7-feet NBA player can do on the court; but I can still learn how to dribble and put the ball through the basket. I probably won't be a Picasso but as of now, I can do one or two things with rendering that I'm satisfied with. :)

I really enjoyed this small little bit about Meredith and can't fucking wait for the next update.

Enjoy your holidays and celebrate the new year with some good company! Cheers.
Thanks for the kind words, man! I'm really looking forward to showing you all the next update too. Enjoy the holidays as well!

zeph19

Jul 6, 2017
Oh, this is just beginning - you will see more and more sides of Meredith you don't expect. ;)
That's what you responded to my last post I think, and this little extra makes me confident you weren't lying, haha.

This was a real voice, commissioned! I deliberately picked a voice that is raspy/husky (with the help of others, of course), because I think it sounds like...what we all imagine Meredith would sound like.
It's perfect and exactly what I thought when I heard her talk. Great voice, great choice.

And rip, you are correct. I have given this translation to someone to translate, but then a fella helped me rewrite some bits in English (after the translation process), and I decided not to bother the person who helped me translate because they did out of niceness. :cry: "Our" instead of "your" sounds closer and not estranged, and the other one...I will need to fix that. Nice catch though!
I'd advise you to check the rest, too. Maybe just consult ChatGPT? Fast and easy. :)

I deliberately chose a more grainier style (in fact, I inserted grains in post-processing) and a cinematic frames to get that uh...what do you call it... It's more nostalgic, more retro-ish vibe, signifying the journey of Meredith to visit a piece of her and Remi's past.
Ahh, I get it. Understandable! I'm a cretin. :LOL:

And nah, everything was made in Blender, though I did reference some real world places. Here's an example:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
[/QUOTE]

Man it's hard to distinguish between blender and real stuff at times. Meredith's features were softer, and I was sure that those feet in the animation were a real person's.

I certainly did! It wasn't something to write home about but I still consider my first time of songwriting to be...okay. That's it though, I will ask someone that knows what they are doing next time. :ROFLMAO:
I liked it. If, in the story, she wrote that - it gives her a soft touch.

I'd say not really. I can't really draw from scratch and certainly don't have any formal art training. I kinda suck at it, if I have to be honest. By time though, I think that with learning, many things should be doable. Using an analogy: of course, I won't be doing the things that a 7-feet NBA player can do on the court; but I can still learn how to dribble and put the ball through the basket. I probably won't be a Picasso but as of now, I can do one or two things with rendering that I'm satisfied with. :)
WAY too humble, yo! Makes you likable though. I also like the credits in your game. :)

Enjoy the holidays as well!
Thanks!

(Sorry for another long post.)

• Yay, new update!

gojira667

Sep 9, 2019
Thanks! What did you do in this fix, if I may ask?
Updates persistent.imagebutton_path to the new English path if it's set to the old one.

The rest of it is replacing any currently playing old tracks with the new ones. Since you chose to replace the *.mp3 with *.ogg. :mad: I had just needed to update the function to support queued music of more than 1 track.

DiPeppo

Developer of Cyberheart
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2022
Updates persistent.imagebutton_path to the new English path if it's set to the old one.

The rest of it is replacing any currently playing old tracks with the new ones. Since you chose to replace the *.mp3 with *.ogg. :mad: I had just needed to update the function to support queued music of more than 1 track.
Gotcha! I will be away a bit for tomorrow but I will work meanwhile and publish a fix soon. Thank you so much for your help!

• Hey there
Reactions: gojira667

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020

Tried the fix didn't change the error.

Code:
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <renpy.display.im.Image object ('gui/choice buttons/Chapter 1/sc0_q1_choice1_idle.png') at 0x0000000009449580>:
  File "game/scripts/ch1/chapter1_script.rpy", line 29, in script
    call screen ch1_choice0
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 670, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
OSError: Couldn't find file 'gui/choice buttons/Chapter 1/sc0_q1_choice1_idle.png'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/scripts/ch1/chapter1_script.rpy", line 29, in script
    call screen ch1_choice0
  File "E:\Other Stuff\Cyberheart-0.3.5-pc\Cyberheart-0.3.5-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2259, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "E:\Other Stuff\Cyberheart-0.3.5-pc\Cyberheart-0.3.5-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2241, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Other Stuff\Cyberheart-0.3.5-pc\Cyberheart-0.3.5-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 342, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 670, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Other Stuff\Cyberheart-0.3.5-pc\Cyberheart-0.3.5-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 3347, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "E:\Other Stuff\Cyberheart-0.3.5-pc\Cyberheart-0.3.5-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Other Stuff\Cyberheart-0.3.5-pc\Cyberheart-0.3.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3582, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "E:\Other Stuff\Cyberheart-0.3.5-pc\Cyberheart-0.3.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 4175, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "E:\Other Stuff\Cyberheart-0.3.5-pc\Cyberheart-0.3.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2782, in draw_screen
    surftree = renpy.display.render.render_screen(
  File "render.pyx", line 492, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 266, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "E:\Other Stuff\Cyberheart-0.3.5-pc\Cyberheart-0.3.5-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 888, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 170, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "E:\Other Stuff\Cyberheart-0.3.5-pc\Cyberheart-0.3.5-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 888, in render
  File "E:\Other Stuff\Cyberheart-0.3.5-pc\Cyberheart-0.3.5-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 731, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "E:\Other Stuff\Cyberheart-0.3.5-pc\Cyberheart-0.3.5-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1109, in render
    surf = render(d, width - x, rh, cst, cat)
  File "E:\Other Stuff\Cyberheart-0.3.5-pc\Cyberheart-0.3.5-pc\renpy\display\transform.py", line 909, in render
    return RenderTransform(self).render(width, height, st, at)
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 979, in renpy.display.accelerator.RenderTransform.render
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 404, in renpy.display.accelerator.RenderTransform.render_child
  File "E:\Other Stuff\Cyberheart-0.3.5-pc\Cyberheart-0.3.5-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 948, in render
    rv = super(Button, self).render(width, height, st, at)
  File "E:\Other Stuff\Cyberheart-0.3.5-pc\Cyberheart-0.3.5-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1338, in render
    surf = render(child,
  File "E:\Other Stuff\Cyberheart-0.3.5-pc\Cyberheart-0.3.5-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 676, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "E:\Other Stuff\Cyberheart-0.3.5-pc\Cyberheart-0.3.5-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 330, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "E:\Other Stuff\Cyberheart-0.3.5-pc\Cyberheart-0.3.5-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 803, in load
    raise e
  File "E:\Other Stuff\Cyberheart-0.3.5-pc\Cyberheart-0.3.5-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 757, in load
    filelike = renpy.loader.load(self.filename, directory="images")
  File "E:\Other Stuff\Cyberheart-0.3.5-pc\Cyberheart-0.3.5-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 833, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
OSError: Couldn't find file 'gui/choice buttons/Chapter 1/sc0_q1_choice1_idle.png'.

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805
Cyberheart 0.3.5
Fri Dec 29 00:03:08 2023
```

Last edited by a moderator:
4.70 star(s) 18 Votes