pigg

Jun 15, 2018
Yes, the whole thing is delightfully over-the-top. I love the sublimation of getting sexually excited into drooling (the exact opposite of sexy).
And everything is explained unnecessarily, which makes it even more silly. "Aline is sweating and drooling and her pussy is wet in no time."

Reactions: Joe Steel

loshad

Jun 25, 2020
Maelion - I had a chance to play through 3.2A a bit back, and wanted to offer some thoughts.

First, thanks again for sharing your game here.

Starting with the positives - overall the game continues to improve with each update.

Some specific call-outs in the "great job" column:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And some areas for improvement:

Thanks again for sharing your work, and for reading - I look forward to your future releases!

Gnodab

Feb 4, 2018
This game sure looks interesting, but i have to do my signature move and ask if there is a gallery feature.

A person earlier in this thread asked how to access the gallery, but no one replied. So i wondered if there is one to begin with.

Didn't find anything in the changelog, either.

exter

May 29, 2017
This game sure looks interesting, but i have to do my signature move and ask if there is a gallery feature.

A person earlier in this thread asked how to access the gallery, but no one replied. So i wondered if there is one to begin with.

Didn't find anything in the changelog, either.
There is none. Most scenes are repeatable though.

Gnodab

Feb 4, 2018
Repeatable scenes are good enough for me, cheers.

There seem to be quite a few, if the movie folder is any indictaor.

GodlessXVIII

Jun 25, 2018
Maelion - I had a chance to play through 3.2A a bit back, and wanted to offer some thoughts.

First, thanks again for sharing your game here.

Starting with the positives - overall the game continues to improve with each update.

Some specific call-outs in the "great job" column:

And some areas for improvement:

Thanks again for sharing your work, and for reading - I look forward to your future releases!
Agreed mostly, except the part about Aline's agency. I just don't happen to find it that confusing : Phantasm unlocks (even the good ones) are happening to Aline, they're not chosen willingly by her. The implant is molding her into a Valkyrie, and you the player can choose which way the transformation is leading her (pure, deviant, etc.).
More generally, many lines in the game imply that every player choices can be (and often are) at odds with Aline's conscious will. She reacts with confusion when you choose something that's outside her usual range of behavior. You're not supposed to be her, you're the player.
Maybe it could be made even more explicit, but imo this game is already prone to long-winded over-explanations. More pages of interminable mumbo-jumbo are really not what it needs I feel.

Reactions: Seamonkey

loshad

Jun 25, 2020
Maybe it could be made even more explicit, but imo this game is already prone to long-winded over-explanations. More pages of interminable mumbo-jumbo are really not what it needs I feel.
The solution is not more mumbo-jumbo (which is already excessive, as you noted) - it is less mumbo-jumbo.

Make it clear that each unlock is Aline's decision, and give them some sort of beneficial tradeoff for her. Each "slut step" gives her a power boost, a bump to the efficiency of dark matter extraction, a chance to get two turns in a fight, a chance to earn extra cash from her job or random events, the option to access new dialogues that lead to something she wants...

The current "the Evil algorithm did it" approach is one of the things contributing to the convoluted and cumbersome explanations.

GodlessXVIII

Jun 25, 2018
The solution is not more mumbo-jumbo (which is already excessive, as you noted) - it is less mumbo-jumbo.

Make it clear that each unlock is Aline's decision, and give them some sort of beneficial tradeoff for her. Each "slut step" gives her a power boost, a bump to the efficiency of dark matter extraction, a chance to get two turns in a fight, a chance to earn extra cash from her job or random events, the option to access new dialogues that lead to something she wants...

The current "the Evil algorithm did it" approach is one of the things contributing to the convoluted and cumbersome explanations.
To each his own I guess. Right now the unlocks aren't Aline's decision, they're something to do with "Evil Mind", "corrupted" code, and so on. And the same can be said of almost every player inputs.

To use this site's tags, it has a lot more in common with 'hypnotism' than 'corruption' - if the latter requires the character to maintain some agency, at least.

loshad

Jun 25, 2020
To each his own I guess. Right now the unlocks aren't Aline's decision, they're something to do with "Evil Mind", "corrupted" code, and so on. And the same can be said of almost every player inputs.
The highlighted part I'd push back on - that doesn't really line up with the way the game flows. The vast majority of player inputs are Aline's decisions - where to go, which monster to punch or taunt, which pentagram to activate, what line to say, etc. Even half of the skill unlocks are her choice.

To use this site's tags, it has a lot more in common with 'hypnotism' than 'corruption' - if the latter requires the character to maintain some agency, at least.
The game lives in this weird, in-between space - "hypnotism" implies a lack of control (subtle or overt), while "corruption" implies control (agency), but using it to go down the wrong path.

As it is, the game's corruption systems are a weird mish-mash of both approaches that ends up diluting the impact of either. The unlocks are "forced" on Aline, except that they are not. She's hypnotized/mind-controlled - but always has the option of just playing things straight. But if she chooses the "wrong" option - then she reacts as if she was forced to make that choice - which she never is....

The game is trying to be all things to all players, and it's losing focus because of that. And that lack of focus or clarity is exactly what's behind the awkward, convoluted villain-babble - the Evil^TM Cybercorp, the Evil^TM Bolton, the Evil^TM algorithm, the Evil^TM Evil Mind...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: GodlessXVIII

PalmFace

Aug 22, 2017
The hearts of corruption can not be used currently in PHANTASM, right?

Also can you guys help me unlock these locked traits? Are they already in game? Or are they not added to the game yet? 1652891734324.png

longscl0ng69

Nov 29, 2020
The hearts of corruption can not be used currently in PHANTASM, right?

Also can you guys help me unlock these locked traits? Are they already in game? Or are they not added to the game yet? View attachment 1817801
I have the same ones locked myself. I might do a Pure/Chaste playthrough and see what that looks like.

As far as the Hearts of Corruption, you can earn them but as of right now they are not active in game. (Fred's Progression needs 15 of them, but the Log says the scene has not been implemented.)

Reactions: PalmFace

PalmFace

Aug 22, 2017
I have the same ones locked myself. I might do a Pure/Chaste playthrough and see what that looks like.

As far as the Hearts of Corruption, you can earn them but as of right now they are not active in game. (Fred's Progression needs 15 of them, but the Log says the scene has not been implemented.)
Oh yeah, i totally forgot about the possibility to have pure playthrough. would make sense that these traits belong to that.

Glad I haven't missed anything - got the 15 Hearts of Corruption already, so I am eagerly waiting for the next update I guess haha

Reactions: longscl0ng69

loshad

Jun 25, 2020
Oh yeah, i totally forgot about the possibility to have pure playthrough. would make sense that these traits belong to that.
My recollection is that none of the traits are really "pure" - aside from maybe the "Bitch" trait, but that's more on the Arrogance side.

If you look through the thread, someone posted a save with all traits unlocked - I think most of the ones you're missing are just the next stages of the ones you've already unlocked.

Reactions: longscl0ng69

Maelion

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2017
My recollection is that none of the traits are really "pure" - aside from maybe the "Bitch" trait, but that's more on the Arrogance side.

If you look through the thread, someone posted a save with all traits unlocked - I think most of the ones you're missing are just the next stages of the ones you've already unlocked.
That must be a cheat save because at this point, you can't have all traits unlocked. Some of them are planned for next updates but were implemented from the beginning. They just cannot exist now because there's no gameplay about them already.

4.60 star(s) 73 Votes