Anclrei

Jul 9, 2017
The game is hot but the saving takes forever... It was fast when i deleted the save folder with all the saves the game came with, but only for the first ten saves and is now back to being super slow.

Is there any fix?
The saves are structured in the JSON format, which is basically a tree with (for example) a branch for 'actors' and a subbranch for each character in the game.

When you open the bonds menu, a large number of junk characters are added within the 'actors' tree, multiplying the size of the file by 10. That is why it takes so long to save.

The best solution for a new save is to avoid clicking 'bonds'. If you've already done that, though, it *is* possible to fix the save. Essentially you need to open it up and delete the junk characters. They may be sprinkled in with the wanted ones, so this may be easier said than done.

A method for editing your save and removing the junk characters is shown here:

I suspect it would take 15-20 minutes for someone computer savvy but who has not used the JSON editor before and is needing to check each step carefully.

Anclrei

Jul 9, 2017
Big Update 0.5
Foreword on the BONDS and Backup system

As you may have noticed, saves take longer and longer to complete as the game progresses.
The problem has been identified and is linked to the BONDS system.
Once activated, the save takes up much more space and overloads, resulting in a much longer save time.
As a result, I've decided to overhaul the entire link system by deleting the images of each character in the BONDS tab, to reduce memory and get back to saves taking 0.5 to 1 second instead of sometimes 8 seconds or more. This task is planned for 0.5.
This big update will require you to start your game from scratch, but you should no longer have long save times.
It's a blessing in disguise allowing for better quality of life. You know I would have liked to have avoided this stage.
However, it's not uncommon in game development for starting from scratch to be part of the process (even for big games and licenses in early access that go to 1.0).
It's not out of the question that this will also happen with 1.0.
Have you tested that removing the images will fix the system?

I'm asking because I did some testing two weeks ago, and the specific thing that goes wrong is that a lot of junk people are added to the 'actors' tree within the save file.

That could be caused by each image being treated as a new 'character' you have met that gets stored in your save file.

But if that's happening, it feels like there could be a better fix than removing pictures from that menu altogether... if you focus specifically on the code for that menu and how it interacts with your actor listing.

Knowing specifically what's wrong, there could possibly also be a way to fix save files in-game. Every junk character has the same name (I think it was basically null), so if it were possible for the game to make you 'forget' characters with null names, the problem also goes away.

I thought I'd share just in case the insight is helpful. Sorry if you already knew the precise cause! I figure it's best to check.

Armed with this knowledge I have fixed my own save file using the steps here, and it's now done hours of extra play with no issues.

PS - great game: thanks for the fun. Of course everyone would like 3 new scenes a week, but we have other games to play while we wait. Hang in there

Reactions: Maelion

Maelion

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2017
The saves are structured in the JSON format, which is basically a tree with (for example) a branch for 'actors' and a subbranch for each character in the game.

When you open the bonds menu, a large number of junk characters are added within the 'actors' tree, multiplying the size of the file by 10. That is why it takes so long to save.

The best solution for a new save is to avoid clicking 'bonds'. If you've already done that, though, it *is* possible to fix the save. Essentially you need to open it up and delete the junk characters. They may be sprinkled in with the wanted ones, so this may be easier said than done.

A method for editing your save and removing the junk characters is shown here:

I suspect it would take 15-20 minutes for someone computer savvy but who has not used the JSON editor before and is needing to check each step carefully.
Have you tested that removing the images will fix the system?

I'm asking because I did some testing two weeks ago, and the specific thing that goes wrong is that a lot of junk people are added to the 'actors' tree within the save file.

That could be caused by each image being treated as a new 'character' you have met that gets stored in your save file.

But if that's happening, it feels like there could be a better fix than removing pictures from that menu altogether... if you focus specifically on the code for that menu and how it interacts with your actor listing.

Knowing specifically what's wrong, there could possibly also be a way to fix save files in-game. Every junk character has the same name (I think it was basically null), so if it were possible for the game to make you 'forget' characters with null names, the problem also goes away.

I thought I'd share just in case the insight is helpful. Sorry if you already knew the precise cause! I figure it's best to check.

Armed with this knowledge I have fixed my own save file using the steps here, and it's now done hours of extra play with no issues.

PS - great game: thanks for the fun. Of course everyone would like 3 new scenes a week, but we have other games to play while we wait. Hang in there
The issue is with the number of actors. I had to put that number very high for the pictures to show themselves.
Let's say Aline was ACTOR ID 1, Kassiah was ACTOR ID 2...
No problem for a few characters, their picture and bond level were working nicely.
But as I added Characters, let's say Charlotte ACTOR ID 3, her picture didn't show. I had to creatre more ACTOR ID slots until one of them could allow the picture to be shown...Like Charlotte not showing at ACTOR ID 3 but picture works ar ACTOR ID 24.

It got more and more bloated as pictures didn't show unless I added a lot of fake ACTOR ID up to 580+ for Lucius, Bolton, Claudia etc...

Anyway, I wanted to reduce those ACTOR ID number and came back to 30.
But now, I cannot go back to 580 slots on RPGM, all actors ID have been deleted.
It means, you can keep playing until 0.5 because the cache keep the ID but I cannot work on it anymore.

In 0.5, I will have to create the bonds all over again but it should solve the problem with around 30 slots (but some with all picture, some not so I decide to remove them all). The hard part will be to check every line for bonds level in each dialogs...-_-

Reactions: Anclrei

Anclrei

Jul 9, 2017
The issue is with the number of actors. I had to put that number very high for the pictures to show themselves.
Let's say Aline was ACTOR ID 1, Kassiah was ACTOR ID 2...
No problem for a few characters, their picture and bond level were working nicely.
But as I added Characters, let's say Charlotte ACTOR ID 3, her picture didn't show. I had to creatre more ACTOR ID slots until one of them could allow the picture to be shown...Like Charlotte not showing at ACTOR ID 3 but picture works ar ACTOR ID 24.

It got more and more bloated as pictures didn't show unless I added a lot of fake ACTOR ID up to 580+ for Lucius, Bolton, Claudia etc...

Anyway, I wanted to reduce those ACTOR ID number and came back to 30.
But now, I cannot go back to 580 slots on RPGM, all actors ID have been deleted.
It means, you can keep playing until 0.5 because the cache keep the ID but I cannot work on it anymore.

In 0.5, I will have to create the bonds all over again but it should solve the problem with around 30 slots (but some with all picture, some not so I decide to remove them all). The hard part will be to check every line for bonds level in each dialogs...-_-
Ouch!

Thanks for explaining the backstory - that's interesting

Sounds like a pain in the ass to fix

DGun23

May 17, 2018
The game is over 10 GB in download size. Can someone tell me whether the amount of content is appropriate to it's download size or not?

shundi82

Sep 7, 2022
The game is over 10 GB in download size. Can someone tell me whether the amount of content is appropriate to it's download size or not?
It's one of the few games where the file size is absolutely worth it.

But if you have a D/L cap and/or slow D/L speed, you could also just try the compressed version (2.8 GB):

Don't forget to apply the latest patch afterwards:

DGun23

May 17, 2018
It's one of the few games where the file size is absolutely worth it.

But if you have a D/L cap and/or slow D/L speed, you could also just try the compressed version (2.8 GB):

Don't forget to apply the latest patch afterwards:

Thanks I will try it then. Also could you still give me rough idea of how long the game is in hours. Would be much help...

Sep 16, 2022
Thanks I will try it then. Also could you still give me rough idea of how long the game is in hours. Would be much help...
I have almost 30h on my latest save, with most of the current content done. Could probably shave 5-6 hours off that and have everything current done in game. My time is a little padded, as I was doing... research...

• Haha
Reactions: DGun23

shundi82

Sep 7, 2022
It's definitely one of the lengthier games (20 - 30 hours). It also has some replay value, because a lot of the scenes play out differently depending on your build/skills (and some are only available to certain builds/skills). Most of the differences in the scenes are just flavor, but even then it's still nice to see a game, that reacts/rewards different approaches.

Reactions: wildride69

shundi82

Sep 7, 2022
Does anyone know where the voices in the sex scenes come from? It is one of the elements that I like about the game.
Some of it is from Injuu Gakuen La Blue Girl:

Some are snippets from other movies.
I really dig the "Spankrealhard" voice, but the meta data only hints at a video stream rip from 2015 with the title "slaphoom(1)".

Some other sounds might be part of Hentai/NSFW sound packs.
There are also some parts, that are either sped up samples or AI (those might also just be part of a sound pack, though).

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Birdnman993

Reaper7heGrim

Jul 29, 2019
game won't launch at all on fresh install of the latest build. this is the error message in the debug:
[0628/153803.678:ERROR:registration_protocol_win.cc(56)] CreateFile: The system cannot find the file specified. (0x2)

shundi82

Sep 7, 2022
is it normal for their to be 50+ save files in the game already or am I trippen
It's normal for the current release.

PS: Remember to NOT save after looking at the Bonds. Otherwise that save will be bloated (=very slow saving/loading).

4.60 star(s) 73 Votes