Ren'Py Completed Damsels and Dungeons [v1.2.41 Remastered] [Amaraine]

3.60 star(s) 33 Votes

NightShadeX

May 11, 2017
Good concept even with bugs and all.

Problem is after playing Lucreatia and Bondage Island.
That this game tries too many things at the same time.
thus ending mediocre in all department.

This is constructive criticisme, or else I wouldn´t even bother.
Examples are .

1 Starting Area and Construction.
1 Brothel and Dungeon work out the concept first. want it to be a Sim Brothel then definetly make it happen first.
Go to Orte hire ladies of the night. and they don´t show up.
Having a Head Misstress / Madame doesn´t make a difference.
So that definetly needs to be fleshed out.

Solution tons of work :p

2 Too many picks of different classes. that doesn´t feel rewarding.
Infact the starting lineup should be smaller. and futher classes should be earned trough adventuring.

Classes should have a beter levelup system to differential them a bit from one and other.
Aside from that 1 time side quest.
So look at Darkest Dungeons for inspiration and combat. a very simple concept. but ultimate rewarding.

3 Special Characters.
In true Fap/Hentai fashion they should be a way to make them included into your Harem/Keep/Adventurers/Parties/Slaves
Infact the whole quest and story line can be focused on that. like in Bondage Island and Lucreatia.
While the remaining classes are just side dish. (or infact the game itself)
But story wise in what you as developer do best , is focus on the special characters.

Thus this gives developer the option to make a quest as complicated or as simple as possible.
This is where you really shine in your story tellling.
And you can let players pick if they want to go full dark BDSM, light erotic, total SoBs of just plain Perverted Knights in Shining armor.

4 Sandbox ... while terrific concept.
Without proper difficult to obtain fullfilling rewards, or encounters that are extra ordinaire difficult or punishing. there is no point in grinding.
Example is Bella in the Catacombs. terrific again it is one of those encounters that should be made that you get a extra Character.
Dragon Lady Encounter is another example. if the dragon is already there. while not toss some colored dragons, that drop Fabled Loot. sure it gives players option risk it or don´t risk it.

5 Balance issue, but that will remain always a issue.

All in all this game could be fantastic if you don´t get overburned and distracted.
With enough in it to make it great. just don´t try to do everything at the same time.

But at the moment it tries to do too many things at the same time. that everything ends up mediocre.
Even with all the fantastic work put in so far.
Hey ! you stole what i was gonna write. However, it is all true. Good job

Dravak

May 15, 2018
Hey ! you stole what i was gonna write. However, it is all true. Good job
Yeah I like this game so far. or else I wouldn´t bother with posting.
The problem is more they are so focused on new Renders that they forgot, even without renders.

With a bit of reshuffling and simple text alteration. the game could be beter then what it is now.
Just fleshing out the concepts in stages.

And Amaraine story telling abilities ain´t bad at all. in the two other games she released.
So work with the tools she has, before making a game that is too complex. and unfullfilling to all.

Reactions: Jchua12

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

1.03 breaks previous saves, and therefore players will have to start a new game. Players wanting to continue to play with their previously saved games are encouraged to keep using version 1.02.

PC version: ,
Mac version: ,

Dravak

May 15, 2018
1.3 lilith encounter just bugs out... not that lilith was good for anything other then removing fetish.

Also Lucreatia is a chore to feed :p
But I think she is a work in progress.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
love this game as its like an old school D&D with kinky sex thats NOT built on that dang rpgm engine...so round of clap to the dev for giving us all a fun replayable timewaster

krakr

Resident Drunk
Donor
Jun 25, 2017
love this game as its like an old school D&D with kinky sex thats NOT built on that dang rpgm engine...so round of clap to the dev for giving us all a fun replayable timewaster
Thoroughly agree.
I'd like to point out for ppl on the fence on this one, the pace & content of updates is excellent on this title.
Dev gave a full playable main quest line, Class specific sub-quests and all that shit.
Now it's all being fleshed out and expanded on.
The fact that you run out of quests but can continue to grind along if you want is a + from me.
1.03 update is gigantic in scope on the back end, no new content, but lotta tweaks.

Back

Aug 3, 2017
I just began to try to this and so far I'm having fun with it--in a similar vein of the more recent posts in this thread. I may have found a bug. Again, I just began this so it may have already been brought up:

@Amaraine

Mogymog

May 23, 2017
Oook.. so some weird shit is going on in my game. Decided to try some of the cheats, just to see how they change battles and what not.. Now everytime i go to adventure my entire team instantly dies and i go back to the keep.. is that some kind of anti-cheat thing.. or did something really srew up?

arcsoul

Jun 11, 2017
i edit my party stats and when on adventure only 2 girls can attack while the other 2 can't do anything. anyway to fix this?

Amaraine

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
I just began to try to this and so far I'm having fun with it--in a similar vein of the more recent posts in this thread. I may have found a bug. Again, I just began this so it may have already been brought up:

Thank you, I'll look into that bug.

Reactions: Back

Amaraine

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Oook.. so some weird shit is going on in my game. Decided to try some of the cheats, just to see how they change battles and what not.. Now everytime i go to adventure my entire team instantly dies and i go back to the keep.. is that some kind of anti-cheat thing.. or did something really srew up?
There aren't any anti-cheat things intentionally in Damsels. I cheat more or less continuously for testing reasons, and whatever people do to have fun with my game is fine with me, as long as they don't complain the game is too easy when you cheat. :) On the other hand, I'm not going to spend development time making sure cheats work. I really don't know why this happens.

Reactions: random.person

deadrabbit

Nov 16, 2017
Ok, so I have seen this game for a while now and sort of just passed on it, thinking it wasn't for me. Couple days ago I figured I'd give it a shot, it's been revised a bunch of times, etc etc.

Man. I love it. Played it for hours. Basically when I hit post on this I'm going to patreon.

The pacing is damn near perfect. You can manage the systems without feeling like you're grinding, but there's enough to do that you don't feel bored. Fleshing out the sex scenes, and maybe delivering on what I think is some pregnancy foreshadowing, as well as bringing the game to a story conclusion will make this game as close to a perfect 10 as I've seen in a real long time.

Awesome work, my friend. Can't wait to see what develops here.

Chill-E

May 7, 2018
Hi, sorry I didn't read all the 100 pages of post so sorry if this came up. I don't know what Lucretia is for. She just sits and makes me feel her. Does she DO anything? Or is this in development? Should I just always "Dust" her when we meet? (Sorry "mist" her, I guess)? Please advise.

zero42

Jun 28, 2017
Two bug reports:
1. Barbarian overlaps with character to the left in party view
2. The first time I meet azielle, I get an unknown variable error for azielle_met.

Really enjoying this game, looking forward to more quests and char development.

Amaraine

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Hi, sorry I didn't read all the 100 pages of post so sorry if this came up. I don't know what Lucretia is for. She just sits and makes me feel her. Does she DO anything? Or is this in development? Should I just always "Dust" her when we meet? (Sorry "mist" her, I guess)? Please advise.
When she feeds off your girls, they get a sexuality increase (and an affection decrease, but hey, tradeoffs)

Amaraine

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Two bug reports:
1. Barbarian overlaps with character to the left in party view
2. The first time I meet azielle, I get an unknown variable error for azielle_met.

Really enjoying this game, looking forward to more quests and char development.
Thank you!

3.60 star(s) 33 Votes