5.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Jthebloody

Sep 24, 2020
Well, allow me to explain what she said on Patreon:

First, as we surmised before, January is gonna be a one-batch month, mainly because Dandon suffered from side effects from the covid vaccine; and I for one can empathize, the third shot really did a number on me;
Second: Dandon said she will draw ALL the girls from the poll, BUT she did not clarify about the order in which she'll draw them.
Well, looks like we'll get to see her take on Viper after all (still not giving two shits about her, but hey, maybe she'll be a great artwork).

omglolguy32

Dec 10, 2019

First, as we surmised before, January is gonna be a one-batch month, mainly because Dandon suffered from side effects from the covid vaccine; and I for one can empathize, the third shot really did a number on me;
Second: Dandon said she will draw ALL the girls from the poll, BUT she did not clarify about the order in which she'll draw them.
Well, looks like we'll get to see her take on Viper after all (still not giving two shits about her, but hey, maybe she'll be a great artwork).
That third shot was absolutely the worst of the three. I've heard that from a lot of friends and family, and others online.

Thank you for posting what was said on Patreon. Good to hear we'll eventually see them all, I don't know most of the girls (aside from Googling them after you posted who were the poll options) so don't really care about any of them (aside from Black Canary I guess) but I gotta say, sometimes it's good to also do the least voted one. As some people would otherwise never see their favorite girl drawn as they just don't have the same opinion as the masses (as you said before, Viper was in several of the polls). I for one always had that with Pewposterous. Every poll it seemed like 90% of the people voted differently from me, and that was even with polls with two options :LOL: My interests apparantly differentiated from that of the other supporters.

Anyhow, Dandon will probably do her right, so i'm happy either way! :giggle: Although I guess the three of this month are gonna be number 1, 2 and 3? As this is number 3 the last time you mentioned the vote numbers, i'm expecting 2 to be posted next, so Black Canary.

Reactions: Jthebloody

Jthebloody

Sep 24, 2020
That third shot was absolutely the worst of the three. I've heard that from a lot of friends and family, and others online.

Thank you for posting what was said on Patreon. Good to hear we'll eventually see them all, I don't know most of the girls (aside from Googling them after you posted who were the poll options) so don't really care about any of them (aside from Black Canary I guess) but I gotta say, sometimes it's good to also do the least voted one. As some people would otherwise never see their favorite girl drawn as they just don't have the same opinion as the masses (as you said before, Viper was in several of the polls). I for one always had that with Pewposterous. Every poll it seemed like 90% of the people voted differently from me, and that was even with polls with two options :LOL: My interests apparantly differentiated from that of the other supporters.

Anyhow, Dandon will probably do her right, so i'm happy either way! :giggle: Although I guess the three of this month are gonna be number 1, 2 and 3? As this is number 3 the last time you mentioned the vote numbers, i'm expecting 2 to be posted next, so Black Canary.
It's likely we'll get the first three this month and the others in February.
And I have to agree, sometimes it's good that Dandon just decides to draw every character from a poll, so everyone can have at least an artwork for a character they really like... last year we got Ramlethal (from Guilty Gear), even though she was not nearly as popular as the other characters from that poll; I've always been a fan of the franchise and I was pleasantly surprised by that drawing (gotta say she was extra late and the artwork could have used a few more variants).

Reactions: omglolguy32

omglolguy32

Dec 10, 2019
It's likely we'll get the first three this month and the others in February.
And I have to agree, sometimes it's good that Dandon just decides to draw every character from a poll, so everyone can have at least an artwork for a character they really like... last year we got Ramlethal (from Guilty Gear), even though she was not nearly as popular as the other characters from that poll; I've always been a fan of the franchise and I was pleasantly surprised by that drawing (gotta say she was extra late and the artwork could have used a few more variants).
Oh I liked that one! Even though I never heard of Ramelthal before that (never played Guilty Gear myself), I thought the artwork was really good, and Ramelthal pretty hot! It could've indeed benefitted from some extra variants, I completely agree.

Unfortunately Dandon doesn't really do characters from my most favorite series, she mainly does characters from games I never played or series I never watched (I haven't seem most anime, and haven't played any Resident Evil for example, nor any Final Fantasy aside from FF14). She did do Liara recently, but until that artwork we never saw any Mass Effect girls (even though there are imho soooo many pretty women in that game; Femshep, Miranda, Tali, Samantha, Kelly, Samara, Aria, Vetra Nyx (the only interesting one from Andromeda imho :p), Kasumi, and many more). Tali or Vetra are great non-human options. Most of the characters she draws are 100% human in looks, aside from a few catgirls or Poison Ivy (yes this is kinda a hyperbole, but you get my point hopefully). Alien girls are very rare, and would love to see some more from her. Several of these women would definitely have visible abs, like femshep herself.

The only one from Dragon Age is Morrigan. She is absolutely beautiful so i'm more than thrilled to see her represented, but the series contained several other women who are great candidates. Like Leliana or a Desire Demon. And Cassandra would be a great option for people that like abs

The Witcher has Ciri, Yen and Triss represented. The newest Yen and Triss pieces were really good, but my most favorite girl of all time from any game (even beating Lara Croft), Ciri, only has an old set that honestly could be better imho. I'd love to see a newer piece of Ciri. The Witcher 3 alone has soooo many beautiful women, I don't think we'll see any of them ever but I really like Philippa, Cerys, Anna Henrietta, Shani, Fringilla, Keira, Syanna, Vivienne, or more obscure ones like Amrynn, Priscilla and Saskia. You can see this is one of my most favorite franchises :p

Assassin's Creed got Kassandra and Eivor so i'm pretty happy with that. The series contains more beautiful women (like Aya, Layla, Randvi, Hope), but I don't wanna be gready in any way (especially since some franchises don't get represented at all or just one character), so i'm already really happy with the two we got!

Red Dead Redemption isn't featured at all, even though Abigail, Sadie, Mary-Beth, Mary Linton, amongst others, are all great options imho. Abigail and Sadie are my top two from the games.

Final Fantasy has several characters already done (Tifa, Jessie, Aerith, Cindy, Lightning, etc), but almost none from Final Fantasy 14, aside from Y'Shtola. I'd love to see Alisaie, Minfilia, Yugiri (Yugiri is another great non-human option) or Lyse, or some other character (I can name a lot more :oops:).

Warhammer Fantasy isn't reprisented either (it's pretty nice niche so I'm not surprised at all). I'd love to see a drawing of her with Morathi or Alarielle, or Tzarina Katarin! I think her style fits perfectly with Warhammer Fantasy but I don't think we'll ever see anything from that :(

Honerable mentions:
I recently started playing Stardew Valley, and for the more obscure characters, I think a couple of girls would be viable as the subject of one of Dandon's works (Yes you can call me weird if you'd like). Leah, Abigail, Penny, amongst others. (honestly this pic is pretty good imho). I'd love to see one of those women in Dandon's style instead of pixelized.

As far as for movies and tv-series:
I always hoped she'd do a Princess Jasmine piece, and then from the original series, not that remake movie thing that recently came out. But the girl from my youth.

I'm still keeping my hopes up for a Rey from Dandon (from Star Wars) or a Claire Dearing from Jurassic World. No idea if that'll ever be done, but a man can dream. Or... or Bo-Katan from the Mandalorian :D

Ninjartist did some great pieces with some of the women from the Harry Potter franchise, like Hermione or Luna Lovegood (albeit adult versions like she did with other characters in the past of course).

(I know posting my preferences here wouldn't reach Dandon, so it doesn't have any use. I did reach out to her on Twitter once with some great suggestions, never got a response (which I didn't expect in the first place). But felt like writing down my personal opinion for people that enjoy reading it. If not, that's totally fine as well of course! :giggle:, If it bothers someone I can always edit my post to wrap this in a spoiler tag to be easier on the eyes ;))

--------------

Long story short, I absolutely love all her works. I really enjoy her art style and would definitely support her if I didn't get fired from my job. I'm 100% loving everything she produces, so none of the above are a must for me, just my personal hopes and dreams. I'm always thrilled to see characters that I never heard of too, from franchises I have never heard of, as it broadens my horizons. But I also wouldn't object to seeing some women from my beloved franchises in her style :giggle: I would absolutely love a never artwork of my girl Ciri!

She's done so many Overwatch characters, DC Comics, Marvel, My Hero Academia, Avatar the Last Airbender, etc, that gives me hope even franchises where two characters were already drawn, could still end up getting a third.

Anyhow i'm gonna leave it at this as i've gone on too long already :ROFLMAO:

EDIT
Fixing some spelling

Last edited:

polkiis

Feb 14, 2021
Good to hear that she is ok.

My types were Black Canary and Viper. Black Canary is obvious choice but Viper heh, I like how she looks

That poll makes me smile, why choose any girl when everything on the poll will be painted anyway

and my few coins for Fl1cs
He has potential but wasting it on partial plagiarism. Copying part from others, doesn't makes any progres for him, e.g "his" Kaine - Dandon's body&head and his... giant legs&foots. God of Body Proportions has committed sepukku :KEK:

Dr. Syndicate

Sep 15, 2018

At least she's vaxxed, though the 3rd shot cost her a bit of time at least she didn't get the virus itself

Also that's a good point about the polls, she does randomizes the order sometimes so with that said while i still think emma frost could still be done this month since (to me at least) january can be a winter theme month if some people want to do some snowy artworks, if not then february since lingerie seems to be a good theme for that month

Of course I'm just guessing and could be wrong since again knowing DD she's very unpredictable when it comes who she picks for the set she's doing

Anyhow i'm gonna leave it at htis as we've gone on too long already :ROFLMAO:
Quite a lengthy post there, I'm not even gonna process everything you said but I agree with what you're saying

ASHJOKER

Mar 7, 2021

I'd like to see her do more girls from Fate like Lancer Artoria, Tomoe, Nero or Miyamoto Musashi or draw characters from Granblue Fantasy like Narmaya (character in my icon)

Last edited:

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017

Thanks for the head's up. I'm glad that she's fine and all.

I, for one, am glad that some of the underrated ladies getting the spotlight lately and I'm more than grateful for whatever she draws for the month.

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
Ninjartist’s art is too photo-realistic for me LOL I feel like I’m peeping on IRL actresses and it weirds me out.

I don’t think Dandon has ever drawn characters from live-action movies or series, so I wouldn’t hold my breath for Jurassic World or The Mandalorian.

Anyway, it’s more about the specific compositions for me than it is about the characters. Sure, it’s fun seeing girls I recognize, but I much prefer good poses, camera angles, variants, etc., even if it’s a character I’ve never heard of (so long as I still find them attractive).

That being said, I’m happy for everyone who was disappointed they wouldn’t see Viper or Jolyne, and personally I’ll be rejoicing over Mel, because there’s a veritable dearth of Black and generally dark-skinned girls in the pin-up industry, afaict.

Deleted member 1375045

Apr 21, 2019
After having watched the Witcher series on Netflix, I wouldn't mind a 2022 revision of characters from The Witcher. Except Netflix's version of Triss. That was such a terrible miscast.

Jthebloody

Sep 24, 2020
Dandon tends to avoid live-action movie characters, she did draw Black Widow when she was still a thing in the MCU, but the character was way more inspired to the comic version rather than the movie; the last Yennefer drawing was clearly inspired by the fact that she watched the Witcher netflix series and the actress that portrayed Yen (Anya Chalotra, FYI), but was a hybrid between Netflix Yen and Games Yen.

So we could get a Triss or Ciri artwork in the future; Triss was already done again in a Beachqueen issue (and I have to agree with Agent Smith, Netflix completely botched the casting with her), so Ciri could be somewhere in the future.

There are definitely characters that could use her magic and others that could be drawn again: she has basically abandoned Overwatch characters (can't blame her, the devs have abandoned Overwatch), and while she did draw characters from other Blizzard games (Jaina, Alexstrasza, Whitemane, Sylvanas & Tyrande), there are plenty of girls from Diablo and Heroes of the storm she could paint (and I would love to see them).

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes