5.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Jthebloody

Sep 24, 2020
I would have expected Black Canary, but Dandon is probably still on the Arcane hype train, so we got Mel.
Can't complain though, she looks quite faithful to her anime counterpart... and quite scrumptious.

• Haha
Reactions: Serpentus

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
Mel finished 4th out of the 6 contestants, so I wouldn’t say she was particularly popular, but enough of us were vocal about her in the comments, I guess. Though, as has been said previously, Dandon will be drawing everyone from the poll, so you’ll get your Black Canary next batch.

Jthebloody

Sep 24, 2020
So I downloaded the folder kindly provided from TheDistur6edGuy ... and I've gotta say, not only Fl1cs is a tracer, he's even lazy.
I mean, come on dude, you can't even be bothered to trace all the variants that Dandon does? No mister tentacle, no magic mushroom, no pubes, no pregnant?
This guy is a fucking con man, setting himself up as a genuine artist when he's just profiting from doing minimal tracing to someone else's work.
After this month's batch comes out, I will send some of the images to Dandon via private message on Patreon.
I really wonder what her reaction will be.

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
This guy is a fucking con man, setting himself up as a genuine artist when he's just profiting from doing minimal tracing to someone else's work
The guy specifically said that he is a "universal artist" that draws in both "comic and manga-style." That alone should be a big red flag there.

ReichLoli

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2020
The guy specifically said that he is a "universal artist" that draws in both "comic and manga-style." That alone should be a big red flag there.
"Universal artist" is just a fancy way of saying, your a tracer. No one within the drawing sphere can never achieve a one to one universal style. Since everyone has a unique style that stand out from one another. Even someone like Zone-Tan (The childhood ruiner) has a noticeable art style from the shows she parodying 1:1.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jthebloody

HansukeX

Jan 19, 2020
I wonder if it could even be called tracing in the first place. It's more like just straight up copy and pasting.

For example, the Fl1cs Samus pic is pretty much a 1:1 copy body-wise of Dandon's Christie, just flipped on the y-axis so it's a "copy your homework, but I'll make it look different" thing. It even has the same skin color tone and skin marks.

Also, the outlines on Fl1cs's "Universal Art" are really thin or nonexistent. Probably a result of the ctrl c+v job.

Last edited:
Reactions: Requiempizza

Requiempizza

Nov 21, 2019
I wonder if it could even be called tracing in the first place. It's more like just straight up copy and pasting.

For example, the Fl1cs Samus pic is pretty much a 1:1 copy body-wise of Dandon's Christie, just flipped on the y-axis so it's a "copy your homework, but I'll make it look different" thing. It even has the same skin color tone and skin marks. Also, the outlines on Fl1cs's "Universal Art" are really thin or nonexistent. Probably a result of the ctrl c+v job.
It's like tracing an outline drawing from the internet for the Arts homework.

Is there any way to report this "universal artist"?

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
Is there any way to report this "universal artist"
You can try to dispute the creator over at Fiverr because of blatant tracing and straight-up stealing artworks, you can also ask the artist YouTubers who exposes scammy practices like this to get things to blow up real fast, and if you like, you can inform Dandon immediately through her Twitter that this artist is "selling" his art by copy-pasting her already published pieces.

Thing is, like everywhere else, there's gotta be some white-knight defending Fl1cs.

Jthebloody

Sep 24, 2020
You can try to dispute the creator over at Fiverr because of blatant tracing and straight-up stealing artworks, you can also ask the artist YouTubers who exposes scammy practices like this to get things to blow up real fast, and if you like, you can inform Dandon immediately through her Twitter that this artist is "selling" his art by copy-pasting her already published pieces.

Thing is, like everywhere else, there's gotta be some white-knight defending Fl1cs.
As I said, I'll inform Dandon privately; I don't want to make a fuss about it, perhaps she already knows and she doesn't care.

And as you said, patrons of Fl1cs will probably defend him, though I have to say, there's not much to defend: pretty much every drawing he does is a tracing of a previous work from Dandon, and I'll point it out for (almost) every piece on the 2020-2021 folder:

Kaine: doesn't come to mind
Ahri: Elsa
Akali: can't place her
Cortana: Satsuki 2021
Coven Ahri: Azula, probably.
Coven Evelynn: Mai Shiranui
Cruella: Beachqueen Rogue
Eivor: Yennefer
Evelynn: Ciri
Jinx: Harley Queen
Judy: Sombra
Kai'sa: Palutena
Lady D: Tifa
Liara: Katara
Lifeline: Bubble (damn mate, tracing an OC is really low)
Makima: Tae Takemi
Mona: Jessie
Morrigan & Lilith: I recognize Lisa's pose on the left, not sure about Morrigan
Panam: Laura
Raiden Shogun: Psylocke
Samus: Christie

ASHJOKER

Mar 7, 2021
As I said, I'll inform Dandon privately; I don't want to make a fuss about it, perhaps she already knows and she doesn't care.

And as you said, patrons of Fl1cs will probably defend him, though I have to say, there's not much to defend: pretty much every drawing he does is a tracing of a previous work from Dandon, and I'll point it out for (almost) every piece on the 2020-2021 folder:

Kaine is Juliet Starling.

Darkhooper

Sep 11, 2020

Akali is D.Va and Morrigan is Blaze.

smeagolb

Jun 27, 2021
Here's the Hu Tao .xcf:

Making edits has become so incredibly dull. But I know a guy called Not_Important3456 who has been making .xcfs so hopefully he can continue if he wants to.

If dandon does some good art then I might do something. Having said that, I liked the Chumi artwork but could barely spend 15 minutes making the .xcf before I got bored and stopped. Having said THAT, I did spend an unhealthy amount of time on the MHA Halloween one that was one month before that. But overall it will even out to like 1 dandon .xcf a month probably. I'll probably keep doing sciamanos stuff at the same rate because all of his drawings are always good without fail and he is the best artist by quite a margin actually.

Anyway, have a nice day.

Requiempizza

Nov 21, 2019
Here's the Hu Tao .xcf: Google Drive

Making edits has become so incredibly dull. But I know a guy called Not_Important3456 who has been making .xcfs so hopefully he can continue if he wants to.

If dandon does some good art then I might do something. Having said that, I liked the Chumi artwork but could barely spend 15 minutes making the .xcf before I got bored and stopped. Having said THAT, I did spend an unhealthy amount of time on the MHA Halloween one that was one month before that. But overall it will even out to like 1 dandon .xcf a month probably. I'll probably keep doing sciamanos stuff at the same rate because all of his drawings are always good without fail and he is the best artist by quite a margin actually.

Anyway, have a nice day.
Thanks, man! Appreciate the efforts. I hope you have enough rest after making those .xcf files.

I just attempting to create .xcf files for Chel but my potato laptop can't handle GIMP that much.

Apr 27, 2021

Anyway, have a nice day.
Thanks for all your hard work Smeagol

Reactions: sab3r2th

Kylar Stern

Jul 29, 2017

Anyway, have a nice day.
Thanks for all that you've done Smeagol! Hope you don't get bored anytime soon! <3

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes