5.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Dr. Syndicate

Sep 15, 2018
Personally, I find the artwork style quite fine -- no offense or anything, what makes you think of that?
It's fine but i was expecting her face (at least) look a little more similar to the low rendered take dandon did previously or even luminyu's version she did a couple of months ago

Reactions: CourierNPC

Jthebloody

Sep 24, 2020
They both look excellent.

I also expected Mitsuri to be closer to the low-render artwork of last year, but the change is welcome: she is less "anime" and more "Dandon", so to speak.

Also Dandon confirms her trend of posting the previews at the end of the month... and I don't know if it's a good sign, perhaps we might have to resign to another one-batch month.

We shall see enough, my friends.

QrowRhogan

May 6, 2022
The thing (I think) about dandon's art style, is that she can take an anime or video game character, and make them look better than how they look originally. One example for me is Daki from Demon Slayer. I've seen art & screencaps of Daki from the anime, but Dandon's interpretation looks HOTT!!

Dr. Syndicate

Sep 15, 2018
Well this all she wrote for this month june-23-batch-finished.jpg
Though she didn't mentioned she had stuff in her way and just made this post like normal but still we're getting something for june so that's good enough

Jthebloody

Sep 24, 2020
Well this all she wrote for this month
Though she didn't mentioned she had stuff in her way and just made this post like normal but still we're getting something for june so that's good enough
I hate to be that guy, but I feel like Dandon really needs to get her shit together.

Now, don't get me wrong, the artworks look amazing and I'd rather have one batch with excellent quality rather than two batches filled with half-assed ocs and partially rendered characters, but she should really commit a bit more.
I don't know if this is her main source of income or just a side project, but if this is her way of putting bread on the table she needs to put a bit more effort into it: in 2023 she did two double-batch months and the rest were single-batch, plus she skipped one month and went silent for a long time.
Now, the thing is, she is her own boss; unlike many of us, who have someone higher in the company that we need to answer to, she doesn't; she decides what, when and how to draw. She should really manage her time in a better way.
I think we all have our issues in our daily lives that can and will impact our job, and I completely understand that: still, if she has trouble in keeping up her pace, she should take a break and reevaluate her schedule.

With that being said, the artworks are scrumptious and I can't wait for them.

DarkPulsar

May 5, 2020
I hate to be that guy, but I feel like Dandon really needs to get her shit together.

Now, don't get me wrong, the artworks look amazing and I'd rather have one batch with excellent quality rather than two batches filled with half-assed ocs and partially rendered characters, but she should really commit a bit more.
I don't know if this is her main source of income or just a side project, but if this is her way of putting bread on the table she needs to put a bit more effort into it: in 2023 she did two double-batch months and the rest were single-batch, plus she skipped one month and went silent for a long time.
Now, the thing is, she is her own boss; unlike many of us, who have someone higher in the company that we need to answer to, she doesn't; she decides what, when and how to draw. She should really manage her time in a better way.
I think we all have our issues in our daily lives that can and will impact our job, and I completely understand that: still, if she has trouble in keeping up her pace, she should take a break and reevaluate her schedule.

With that being said, the artworks are scrumptious and I can't wait for them.
Well, i mean, we don't really pay to get these, so i don't really think we have a right to complain, she can decide how many batches she puts out.

Jthebloody

Sep 24, 2020
Well, i mean, we don't really pay to get these, so i don't really think we have a right to complain, she can decide how many batches she puts out.
Thing is, I do pay for these.

And while I consider myself a fairly patient individual, there might be others that might get tired of Dandon's erratic work schedule and ditch her patron altogether.

DarkPulsar

May 5, 2020
Thing is, I do pay for these.

And while I consider myself a fairly patient individual, there might be others that might get tired of Dandon's erratic work schedule and ditch her patron altogether.
Dude, it's not like she's not delivering, she delivers her artwork, unlike people like Sciamano and Kittew and others who continually take months off, Dandon delivers.

Jthebloody

Sep 24, 2020
Dude, it's not like she's not delivering, she delivers her artwork, unlike people like Sciamano and Kittew and others who continually take months off, Dandon delivers.
Fair point. My worry is that she goes down the road the likes of Sciamano and Kittew have taken.

We're still far away from that point, but it's undeniable that her productivity is not the same of a couple of years ago, and I've noticed she is way less engaged in replying to comments/suggestions and generally she is a lot less communicative than before.

Pissed Pika

Oct 30, 2020
Fair point. My worry is that she goes down the road the likes of Sciamano and Kittew have taken.

We're still far away from that point, but it's undeniable that her productivity is not the same of a couple of years ago, and I've noticed she is way less engaged in replying to comments/suggestions and generally she is a lot less communicative than before.
Signs of mental fatigue.

She will probably announce that she's taking a break sometime soon in the future.

Sylphyy

May 13, 2022

I know a painter with such a condition, it's Roke. But the difference is that he always makes excuses to delay the release of drawings. The last time he posted a status was almost a year ago.

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
Hate to be the gal that agrees with the J

The fact that we've got to wait her finish drawing for two-weeks on basically a very minimum communication makes me wonder if she still had the joy of drawing all these ladies all these years for us and even if she settled on new things, she at least put a small word here and there telling what's going on or what took her so long

But I guess Dandon is a private person, so I intend to respect that part.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes