5.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Pissed Pika

Oct 30, 2020
If I was in her position, I would do one batch a month, three or four characters per month, and way less variants for each character.

But it's up to her. She needs to do what makes her happy and comfortable. Drawing and rendering are very difficult as I've come to realize (and I'm personally only able to render like one character a month....well I'm still a noob).

I'm just glad I can access her awesome works for free. Thanks everyone.

polkiis

Feb 14, 2021
I once said that I will share coloring videos, here you are ;)

Baiken, Hsien Ko and Moxxi

Aqua, Mera and Stocking

Ada, Riven and Raven

Alita, Kassandra and Ryuko

Lady, Lilith and Narcilia

Claire, Okoi, Reika

Fubuki, Hanya, Rosalina

Aerith, Elena, Jade

2b a2 kiss, Camie, Nessa

Asuka, Hanya x Chi, Tifa

Miwa, Palutena, Rogue

DoS, Juri vs Cammy, Samus

Avelyne, Lara, Scathach

Edelgard, Psylocke, Sylvanas and Tyrande

Lady Maria, Mai, Qiyana

Elsa, Lilja, Sonia

Erza, Pyra, Yennefer

Akeno, Black Widow, Lilli

Blaze, Mya, Miruko

Neema II, Risky, Triss

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
I have to say, this month's batches are quite possibly the most boring ones I've seen from her. It cannot get any worse than this, can it?
Let's hope the month of June will be Dandon's redemption arc. People have had concerns about her. I think June's had a pretty good line-up, but who knows? She often loves to draw throw-away OCs (we got two of said OCs this month, a matter of fact) lately.

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
Dunno if the most boring ones, but they don't "resonate" with me at any level as well. I simply don't know the characters for this month.
Batch 1:
  1. Ghislaine Dedoldia from Mushoku Tensei, two variants: One pin-up and one suggestive position
  2. Asari from Mass Effect in the form of "Queen's Undressed" magazine
Batch 2:
  1. Azula x Ty Lee from Avatar, A lesbian comic strip.
  2. Desarae, a Drow (or Dark Elf) OC
  3. Zuna, a Splatoon/Ahsoka Tano mix-and-match OC.

Oregano696

Feb 27, 2018
Dandon's messy work schedule is pretty well know at this point. Ever since last year she has always been late on finishing the third artwork of the second batch before the last day of the month AND on sending the finished batches on the time frame she sets for her patrons (remember when batches were supposed to come out between the 7-9th of the month and yet she would always make an apology post on the 9th and only deliver the batches a day later? It got so bad she eventually changed the time frame and now its 7-10th).

After she took a break last September I was hopeful that this would finally change and she would get her schedule back together, but lo and behold just a couple of months later we are back to late third artworks and now it seems even sending the batches on the 10th of the month is becoming difficulty for her! I have never seem her take this long to send the batches, some of her patrons even started to leave comments on her Patreon asking if anyone had received the batches already.

The issue here is how much bigger her batches have become over the years and how her work schedule clearly hasn't been properly adapted to reflect that. I like the new variants we are getting like Magic Mushroom and Mr. Tentacle, I don't want her to stop making them, but I also don't want to see her crunching herself to make them for us. I don't think switching to a single batch per month is the right solution (who knows if she needs the money of two batches per month to pay her rent or something?), but clearly something has to change here to accommodate these more ambitious batches. Maybe instead of 6 artworks per month we could have 4 artworks and one comic like her recent Tyzula page. She could set up a poll and ask her patrons if they are ok with changes like this or ask them for any ideas. I have been following Dandon since 2016 (although I was only able to become one of her patrons recently), I'm happy to see how much she has grown as an artist, but its time to accept that what was working for her in 2016, isn't working right now in 2021.

Last edited:
Reactions: polkiis

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
It's better she take a break or lower the pace than get burnt out and quit.
I think slowing down the pace would help her a little, someone pointed out that this month's second batch feels forced as if her last resort nowadays is just to make a throwaway OC with little-to-no development (as many OCs that has come before Zuna and Desarae, except Bubble, Neema, and Rose -- who seemed to has more artworks done than previous OCs. CMIIW, by the way).

At this rate, I think waiting 'til the third week or even the 29th (exclusively for February), 30th, or 31st each month would be a preferable alternative if she chooses to. Otherwise, fulfilling a demand so big with so little timeframe and shouldering the burden herself... is going to take a toll on her in the near future.

omglolguy32

Dec 10, 2019
Batch 1:
  1. Ghislaine Dedoldia from Mushoku Tensei, two variants: One pin-up and one suggestive position
  2. Asari from Mass Effect in the form of "Queen's Undressed" magazine
Batch 2:
  1. Azula x Ty Lee from Avatar, A lesbian comic strip.
  2. Desarae, a Drow (or Dark Elf) OC
  3. Zuna, a Splatoon/Ahsoka Tano mix-and-match OC.
Number 2 of Batch 1 is Liara T'Soni by the way, not just any Asari.

Reactions: DoubleOdd

polkiis

Feb 14, 2021
I have been following Dandon since 2016 (although I was only able to become one of her patrons recently), I'm happy to see how much she has grown as an artist, but its time to accept that what was working for her in 2016, isn't working right now in 2021.
The same as you, fallowing Dandon since 2016.

2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 were golden years of her, wonderful artworks and superb OC's. Something started to "not working" from mid-2020.

She has grown as an artist it's truth from 2015 she made a huge progress. She started patreon campaign in 2015 and now she has only over 2,5k patrons when Sakimi started in 2014 an now she has over 10,5k. I remember when 2nd place on Graphtreon was her a certain place now she's nr 7. I don't know why, I love her semi-realistic artworks, I more prefer her works than Sakimi and other artist if it comes to anatomy but apparently more people prefer anime "body-style" I suppose.

ahhh golden days with her twitch streams... :cry:

TitaniumDickDiamondBalls

Mar 24, 2019
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expect a different result."
- A pretty famous quote.

The same as you, fallowing Dandon since 2016.

2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 were golden years of her, wonderful artworks and superb OC's. Something started to "not working" from mid-2020.

She has grown as an artist it's truth from 2015 she made a huge progress. She started patreon campaign in 2015 and now she has only over 2,5k patrons when Sakimi started in 2014 an now she has over 10,5k. I remember when 2nd place on Graphtreon was her a certain place now she's nr 7. I don't know why, I love her semi-realistic artworks, I more prefer her works than Sakimi and other artist if it comes to anatomy but apparently more people prefer anime "body-style" I suppose.

ahhh golden days with her twitch streams... :cry:
I mean, Sakimichan, for better or worse has some variety works,: yuri/yaoi /hetero now even futa. Hell she even branched out and started doing lewd animations meanwile Dandon is still doing exactly same type of sets. It's still good craftsmanship tho.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes