Nov 20, 2017
It's most likely due the Opengl 3.3 requirement. If you have a gpu that's on a bit older that's probably the reason! :( We are however looking into this if there's anything we can do to this. (if thats not the problem, please pm me) And a HUGE thank you for supporting us anyway! :heartcoveredeyes:
Yep, using an older Notebook that switches to Intel HD 3000 when I'm using external Monitor (my TV).
And it doesn't have OpenGL 3.3.
But I have a decompiled opengl32.dll
If you put this in the game folder, the game is running pretty smooth^^

I leave this here as an attached file so everybody can use it.
You should put this file on your Patreon-Page, too.
For all the perv... people who has the same problem ;)

Keep it up... Looking forward to your work in the future

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
What engine is it using by the way? Might be worth adding it to the OP to avoid further inquiries.

Desuro

Sep 6, 2016
Yep, using an older Notebook that switches to Intel HD 3000 when I'm using external Monitor (my TV).

Working like a charm and HUGE thx to you @Lewd Gaming , ahh even my toaster can run it smoothly :D

Reactions: DandyBoyOni

DandyBoyOni

Game Developer
Mar 14, 2018

Thank you making this "fix" for those who don't have OpenGL 3.3! :firstimekiss: We are going to change back to OpenGL 2 for the Alpha 0.02 build so the game runs with the lower-end computers as well!

Reactions: Lofrian the Lewd

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
It is running on our very own in-house engine. : )
Cool, just downloaded it to see if it would run in Wine, since Laziness said it didn't on Mac, but it seems to run in Wine just fine for me on Linux. Though I'm using Wine-Staging and a 64bit prefix and have installed a bunch of stuff through winetricks to get other games working, so that all might make a difference.

I see a bunch of open-source libs in there, so I guess you cobbled it together in C++? Runs pretty good for me, I enjoyed the mini-game on the computer, nice Castlevania clone. A few things that could make it better though is making it so you can walk through the stairs unless you are holding up near the base and down near the top (like the real Castlevanias). Was really annoying when I was trying to get up to that first girl and a bone throwing skeleton knocked me off the right of the platform where you get up to the top layer and I couldn't get back because the stairs blocked the way. Also I'd consider adding like a 1-2 second delay after a death before things start moving. Could make the sprites blink during that time or something. Just to give a moment for the player to reorient themselves. This was particularly annoying in the minotaur room, with that damn sword skeleton on the spawn platform, 9 out of 10 times he'd automatically take me down a heart before I had a chance to do anything about it.

Also, in the map outside the house, if you go over to the southeast where the road is blocked with the construction worker, it's possible to walk off the map above the barricades and then you are screwed as there is no getting back shy of a restart/loading a save. My only other issue so far is the terrible default key binds. I reworked them into something more tenable focused around typical modern control schemes with wasd as the movement keys.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I don't know what special and neutral are for yet, so those might be able to do with better key binds than what I went with. In any case, everything can now be done with the left hand with this setup besides the things that require the mouse, so it works out pretty well.

Reactions: Papa Ernie

DandyBoyOni

Game Developer
Mar 14, 2018
Cool, just downloaded it to see if it would run in Wine, since Laziness said it didn't on Mac, but it seems to run in Wine just fine for me on Linux. Though I'm using Wine-Staging and a 64bit prefix and have installed a bunch of stuff through winetricks to get other games working, so that all might make a difference.

I see a bunch of open-source libs in there, so I guess you cobbled it together in C++? Runs pretty good for me, I enjoyed the mini-game on the computer, nice Castlevania clone. A few things that could make it better though is making it so you can walk through the stairs unless you are holding up near the base and down near the top (like the real Castlevanias). Was really annoying when I was trying to get up to that first girl and a bone throwing skeleton knocked me off the right of the platform where you get up to the top layer and I couldn't get back because the stairs blocked the way. Also I'd consider adding like a 1-2 second delay after a death before things start moving. Could make the sprites blink during that time or something. Just to give a moment for the player to reorient themselves. This was particularly annoying in the minotaur room, with that damn sword skeleton on the spawn platform, 9 out of 10 times he'd automatically take me down a heart before I had a chance to do anything about it.

Also, in the map outside the house, if you go over to the southeast where the road is blocked with the construction worker, it's possible to walk off the map above the barricades and then you are screwed as there is no getting back shy of a restart/loading a save. My only other issue so far is the terrible default key binds. I reworked them into something more tenable focused around typical modern control schemes with wasd as the movement keys.

I don't know what special and neutral are for yet, so those might be able to do with better key binds than what I went with. In any case, everything can now be done with the left hand with this setup besides the things that require the mouse, so it works out pretty well.
First of all thank you for all the suggestions and bug report! The default keys are probably not the final ones, and you suggestion is pretty good ( now why would anyone want to play with only one hand...:confused:). The thing is that it's hard to please everyone, heck we can't even agree about them in-house..! In the meantime it's good to have bindable controls to customize to your liking!

We are going to release a Linux port also but it's interesting to hear that wine runs it. It would be cool to know if it run in regular wine also without addons.

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
I could give a try at running it in a fresh prefix a bit later and let you know. As far as key binds, one thing that could help is to have some presets to chose from, while keeping them configurable. I'd probably keep your current defaults, add something wasd based like mine, and maybe something geared towards those who'd want a similar setup to mine but for the right hand with IJKL or similar. Anyhow, I really like what I'm seeing so far, going to have to spend some time this evening to explore the map some more.

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
Ok, just gave it a try with fresh 32-bit and 64-bit prefixes in both vanilla Wine 3.8 and Wine-Staging 3.8. In all cases the game launched and ran just fine for my quick test of running around in the house on each try. I do have a bunch of development libs and such installed though on my system, so I can't say for certain that Wine isn't making use of something I've installed previously. But things are looking pretty good for Wine compatibility on my system anyhow (up-to-date Manjaro 64-bit).

There's a little usability thing I noticed just now while doing those test. If you are in game and go to the main menu, hitting Esc (or whatever you have bound for back) should return you to game, instead of having to go out of your way to chose that menu option manually. Just a little thing, but it would make the UI feel a bit more polished and in-line with player expectations, as engines like Ren'Py use that behavior by default.

Bobber Tail

Nov 28, 2017
It sort of works with mouse, put prefers keyboard. I have no idea which way to go as the map is huge and no direction given (theoretically we know where everything is as a character) I kept going right and went off the map and game got stuck. See you next version.

4.00 star(s) 68 Votes