Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
windows 10
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3217U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.80 GHz
Installed RAM 4.00 GB (3.87 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
i3's are the lowest form of processors and I think yours is to low to run this game as it should be ran.
With this being a laptop running windows 10 you may not have the processor and or the ram to handle most games like this.
Ren'Py doesn't uses any hardware rendering, so all the burden of rendering graphics falls on the CPU, therefore, using heavy image operations and drawing lots of images at the same time (especially those which have per-pixel alpha) will require a PC with a good CPU.

On top of this, the engine is almost completly written in a scripting language (Python), with some performance-critical parts written on C++ (I guess, didn't really took a look to see if it was C++ or C), which adds some overhead on the code and requires a bit more from the CPU to run at a reliable speed. Python is a fast scripting language, but it still runs at least 20 times slower than compiled languages.

There's also the RAM problem. Ren'Py itself can use a good bit of memory only with processing, caching and such, but the memory use will heavily depends on the amount of images you're showing on the screen. Bear in mind that Ren'Py will cache all the slighest changes in a image/animation/widget in order to show it faster.

Reactions: yoyomistro

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
i3's are the lowest form of processors and I think yours is to low to run this game as it should be ran.
With this being a laptop running windows 10 you may not have the processor and or the ram to handle most games like this.
Hey, Pentium cores are still floating around out there. Also yea it's a 3rd gen i3, with 4 gb of ram, that's definitely not going to hold up a lot of the time. Also honestly a system like that might run better on Win 7 than 10. Also jaliya dananjaya you could try to see if there's an Intel graphics driver update available for your CPU.

J3llYSL

Jul 30, 2019
Thank you!

J3llYSL

Jul 30, 2019
Hey, Pentium cores are still floating around out there. Also yea it's a 3rd gen i3, with 4 gb of ram, that's definitely not going to hold up a lot of the time. Also honestly a system like that might run better on Win 7 than 10. Also jaliya dananjaya you could try to see if there's an Intel graphics driver update available for your CPU.
Thank you!

cmbingcmbing

Aug 25, 2021
The font....
first time i saw the font , i thought it was russian , im like wtf , how im supposed to play this
and turned out its english ...
so unnecessary to put fonts like this

frethed

May 18, 2018
Can someone please explain how I can play this full game on my Mac?
Go download renpy and this game. Install renpy, extract the game, and in renpy preferences point the projects directory to the one the game is in. Not the actual game directory. It should show you the game, if it doesn't make sure that the game exectutables are in the folder under your projects folder. I have mine on a network, so it looks like: /Volumes/g$/games and the game is in /Volumes/g$/games/DarkNeighborhood

Ajghz

Jan 26, 2021
Point and click and as I can see picture slide in unreal engine? Why? I'm not saying that game is bad, but I dont understand why someone need to use unreal engine to this type of game, waste potential of this engine.
You know I've never been a fan of point & click type games, you waste so much time clicking and clicking on things to try and figure out what the devs have scripted for you to do. This soon becomes boring, frustrating and tedious.
Now that's just my personal opinion.

MrBree

Jun 9, 2017
Has anyone made a Mac version of this yet? Game looks pretty good id like to try it.
It's Renp'y. At worst, all you really need is to download renp'y and run it via the launcher. Works 95% of the time. Could recompile as a mac game as well.

Reactions: DaaMan
3.50 star(s) 118 Votes