Guyin Cognito

Gentleman Pervert
Donor
Feb 23, 2018
So, I went back to work on Dark Whispers and moving forward on doing a walkthrough, and all of a sudden, all the Spanish that was in the item descriptions in the shops had turned into English! Then I remembered seeing this:
... yes I know the game is still buggy and some of the English translations aren't working for some reason...
That makes it sound like all (or most) of the translation is in the game, it's just set up in some odd way that isn't triggering.
(Note: I don't know what Neeckin's connection is to the game exactly, but seems to know stuff)

All I can think of is that I changed the font in preferences, saved, closed the game, reopened it, and now it seems to be working. If anybody would like to play with this idea and confirm how I did this, I'd love to mention it in the walkthrough. I can now change to any of the available fonts, and the English remains active.

Neeckin

Nov 30, 2017
So, I went back to work on Dark Whispers and moving forward on doing a walkthrough, and all of a sudden, all the Spanish that was in the item descriptions in the shops had turned into English! Then I remembered seeing this:

That makes it sound like all (or most) of the translation is in the game, it's just set up in some odd way that isn't triggering.
(Note: I don't know what Neeckin's connection is to the game exactly, but seems to know stuff)

All I can think of is that I changed the font in preferences, saved, closed the game, reopened it, and now it seems to be working. If anybody would like to play with this idea and confirm how I did this, I'd love to mention it in the walkthrough. I can now change to any of the available fonts, and the English remains active.
Yeah, game has a full english and spanish translation, each piece of text having separate files, so a entire event is written out in english and spanish as separate things for the game. I believe the issue originally was Nik didn't code some of it properly so the game was grabbing the Spanish file instead of teh english one.

Neeckin

Nov 30, 2017
Ah, Also I am sorry for neglecting to post anything more the last 2 updates, god it's been a while.
1.5 provides several side stories, the focus being on Rebecca.
As such, the save provided right at teh end of the last one is following her.

There are 4 new scenes in this, One of Vixeah, another one of Ember and two about Rebecca, all of them with the usual variations.
Triggering all of them is rather complicated, as you can imagine, so instead I'm including the source files of each of the events to show where all of teh triggers are, hopefully that helps, spoilers obviously for the files as they lay out the entire event. As well Boudolf's requires hiring him and going into the dungeon several times, as he leaves after the run. As always the game is buggy and grindy, so sorry about that. regarding the walkthrough, I can try to answer any issue I can

Have the Incest patch too

It is how you can get the Eloise/grace Scene and another option in one of this updates events

Last edited:

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Ah, Also I am sorry for neglecting to post anything more the last 2 updates, god it's been a while.
Mega
There are 4 new scenes in this, One of Vixeah, another one of Ember and two about Rebecca, all of them with the usual variations.
Triggering all of them is rather complicated, as you can imagine, so instead I'm including the source files of each of the events to show where all of teh triggers are, hopefully that helps, spoilers obviously for the files as they lay out the entire event. As well Boudolf's requires hiring him and going into the dungeon several times, as he leaves after the run. As always the game is buggy and grindy, so sorry about that. regarding the walkthrough, I can try to answer any issue I can

Mega
It is how you can get the Eloise/grace Scene and another option in one of this updates events
OH THANK GOD! It will helping me much better than searching blind without any questlog or guide, but I think the newest quest got bugged out or something, when I'm finally got the jade and the girl said need to come back to the cemetery and search the secret way, but beside encounter the enemy and found some money or useless item there I couldn't find anything at all. Not just that but I got a weird bug that you can only use 10 ammos and can't reload even when you got like 20 shells in the storage

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
the scene's are always hard to find because you never now were to look are how to get them and the stuff run's out to fast. i know it's a game but them catacombs people sure do fix those blown up door's and wall's fast lol.

Guyin Cognito

Gentleman Pervert
Donor
Feb 23, 2018
I seem to reach a point in the game where Paul & Ember disappear, and if I haven't already hired Willy or Boudolf they are also gone, and it's too late to hire them. Is this normal, or did I do something specific to screw something up?

the scene's are always hard to find because you never now were to look are how to get them and the stuff run's out to fast. i know it's a game but them catacombs people sure do fix those blown up door's and wall's fast lol.
I find that turning on both "after choices" and "transitions" for skipping in preferences makes looping through work for money go much faster. Also, playing RPS and wandering the streets for lust is a lot faster that way. I'm only as far as Chapter 2 now, and I've hit some bugs (I hope they're bugs) I need to sort out, but I've laid out how to get all the H-scenes in the Prologue and Chapter 1. I'll update my walkthrough post here in a few minutes.
Walkthrough to end of Chapter 1, updated March 14

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2017
Mega

Mega
What folder does the incest patch specifically have to be in?

Neeckin

Nov 30, 2017

Ah, I forgot to mention, having read through the walkthrough, you have done an amazing job with it, thanks a bunch, the little issues you mentioned asside, was there any problems with the text itself from mistranslations you found?

Guyin Cognito

Gentleman Pervert
Donor
Feb 23, 2018
Ah, I forgot to mention, having read through the walkthrough, you have done an amazing job with it, thanks a bunch, the little issues you mentioned asside, was there any problems with the text itself from mistranslations you found?
Well, the personal pronouns are very often mixed up and confusing (I blame English for this problem). The game often uses the wrong gender or person, referring to the player character as "he" instead of "she," or referring to the player character instead of an NPC, that sort of thing. It wasn't so bad that I couldn't follow what was happening, but it was frequent and a bit intrusive to the old "willing suspension of disbelief." Other than that, nothing worse than some odd word choices, as in the word is accurate but not the most commonly used English word for the situation. I can go back through once I finish the walkthrough and try to get more specific examples, if you'd like.

Regarding the walkthrough, I was having a terrible time finding the watch Dorago wants you to get for him. To figure this out, I've had to use Un'Ren, open up the files, and use google translate to find my way around (much of the code is written in Spanish, and me no hablo español). I've now seen behind the reality of a Lovecraft game... o_O

It turns out, the mission to find the music sheet never turns itself off, AND finding the music sheet is prioritized over finding the watch, as well as random items like bullets, health potions, and money. The mission for the watch had the same issue. I've added two lines to the code, one to turn off each mission once you have the item required, and things now run more smoothly. If you take both missions at the same time, you'll still always find the music first, but now you can find the watch after that (and get your random items after that).

I've also discovered that there's a really nice (and somewhat complex) bonus that comes up if you complete all of Dorago's missions, so I'll need to look into all that. While I was digging around, I double checked some of the numbers for event triggers and made adjustments to the walkthrough (I often over-estimated by a touch).

Included below is my repaired version of the file.
Go into the "game" folder (YourAdultGamesFolder\DarkWhispers\game).
Make a copy of the original "Dungeon_base_level_x.rpy" just in case, and tuck that away somewhere.
Then put this file into the folder to fix the problem with Dorago's missions.
EDIT: Just an extra word of clarity for first timers. It's not enough to change the name of the original file or simply copy it. You actually need to move it out of the game folder to somewhere else, if you want to keep it. Even with different names, Ren'Py will notice that there's two versions of the same file, and it will give you an error.

Last edited:

Neeckin

Nov 30, 2017
Well, the personal pronouns are very often mixed up and confusing (I blame English for this problem). The game often uses the wrong gender or person, referring to the player character as "he" instead of "she," or referring to the player character instead of an NPC, that sort of thing. It wasn't so bad that I couldn't follow what was happening, but it was frequent and a bit intrusive to the old "willing suspension of disbelief." Other than that, nothing worse than some odd word choices, as in the word is accurate but not the most commonly used English word for the situation. I can go back through once I finish the walkthrough and try to get more specific examples, if you'd like.

Regarding the walkthrough, I was having a terrible time finding the watch Dorago wants you to get for him. To figure this out, I've had to use Un'Ren, open up the files, and use google translate to find my way around (much of the code is written in Spanish, and me no hablo español). I've now seen behind the reality of a Lovecraft game... o_O

It turns out, the mission to find the music sheet never turns itself off, AND finding the music sheet is prioritized over finding the watch, as well as random items like bullets, health potions, and money. The mission for the watch had the same issue. I've added two lines to the code, one to turn off each mission once you have the item required, and things now run more smoothly. If you take both missions at the same time, you'll still always find the music first, but now you can find the watch after that (and get your random items after that).

I've also discovered that there's a really nice (and somewhat complex) bonus that comes up if you complete all of Dorago's missions, so I'll need to look into all that. While I was digging around, I double checked some of the numbers for event triggers and made adjustments to the walkthrough (I often over-estimated by a touch).

Included below is my repaired version of the dungeon base file.
Go into the "game" folder (AVNfolder\DarkWhispers\game).
Make a copy of the original "Dungeon_base_level_x.rpy" just in case, and tuck that away somewhere.
Then put this file into the folder to fix the problem with Dorago's missions.
Ah, thank you very much, I ask because I did a fair amount of teh translations, though afterworld my work was inputted into teh game and possibly changed slightly, this is all amazing help

Reactions: Guyin Cognito

Guyin Cognito

Gentleman Pervert
Donor
Feb 23, 2018
Walkthrough updated to complete end of Chapter 2,
including all H-Scenes, side-quests, and character specific paths
for all three versions (H-Scene Checklist, Walkthrough Steps, and In-Depth Guide).
Also has item listings for the shops. Still need to do the after content "secondary missions" for Vixeah and Paul & Ember.
Also made two small fixes to files. One cleans up the function of Dorago's missions, the other prevents a crash during Eloise's ending "Path C" H-Scene.

Guyin Cognito

Gentleman Pervert
Donor
Feb 23, 2018
The games go in this order:
1. Stroke Of Madness Memories (Eloise explores her creepy old house)
2. The Eloise Case (Eloise survives mental asylum)
3. Delirium (Eloise escapes from vacation town gone mad, with aunt's help)
4. Blackstone -Rebecca- (a fisherman helps Eloise's cousin rescue her mom from said town)
5. Dark Whispers (version 1.5) (back to home town, the three women plot to take down the cults)

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
iknow some of these are done but i hope the others get finished soon. also the one with rebbaca seem's short as hell and not that manyy scene's from what i seen in the test version.

Guyin Cognito

Gentleman Pervert
Donor
Feb 23, 2018
I get the impression that -Rebecca- is more an "experiment" than a "test version."
As far as I know know, he's moving forward, and Dark Whispers is the only one we should expect any new content for. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Rebecca has been what it is for quite a long while. It's really sort of a side-story to bridge Delirium and Dark Whispers.

3.00 star(s) 4 Votes