Tataro

Mar 27, 2018
Ultimately, for Chapter 3, that particular variable will not matter.

Can you give us some inside opinions on the in-game characters? Who is liked and who hated, who'd stay the same and who'd be changed and how if the game was being made today from scratch?

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
I see we have opposite feelings about the main character. As the only unpaid developer on this project, I find D delightful even in her earlier self from early Chapter 1. I don’t disagree with your preference, but I hold one opposite that causes me to join in development. To be sure, as MDot’s first project, there are things that would be done now that we’re not done some 3 years ago.

D is my favorite of all the projects I’ve played so far, and I must admit, it is something in the way she moves attracts me like no other lover.
To each their own as they say, personally and this is just my POV to me she comes off as too much of a blank slate, she follows along doesn't really protest much, doesn't really have a quirk to her or some niche or something to grab onto. Not saying that Elena is SO much better but at least her 'take charge' kind of attitude adds a little to her character. It's something at least.

In all honesty and with all due respect to MrDots i think writing compelling characters is probably on the weaker side of things here. I still enjoy the game obviously, in particular the whole setting of you being basically a DILF surrounded by all these cute girls, but there are definitely way better characters out there. Of course as things progress we all get better at the stuff we do, with Melody in particular we already have characters that are more interesting than the ones in DMD(at least to me personally), so i am sure in future projects as well, the characterization will get better and better.

relayer

Jun 9, 2017
for my there interesting only D , im waiting only good story and more fetishes .:)

elene like a gipsy poor slut . any like :)

• Love
Reactions: Jeancul

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
To each their own as they say, personally and this is just my POV to me she comes off as too much of a blank slate, she follows along doesn't really protest much, doesn't really have a quirk to her or some niche or something to grab onto. Not saying that Elena is SO much better but at least her 'take charge' kind of attitude adds a little to her character. It's something at least.

In all honesty and with all due respect to MrDots i think writing compelling characters is probably on the weaker side of things here. I still enjoy the game obviously, in particular the whole setting of you being basically a DILF surrounded by all these cute girls, but there are definitely way better characters out there. Of course as things progress we all get better at the stuff we do, with Melody in particular we already have characters that are more interesting than the ones in DMD(at least to me personally), so i am sure in future projects as well, the characterization will get better and better.
I was on the ground floor with Melody, so the main characters were crafted before the game began its first write. As much as I say Melody is a better game, I still prefer DMD personally p, even though Hearsz and I came to it after the VN had a few months under its belt.

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Can you give us some inside opinions on the in-game characters? Who is liked and who hated, who'd stay the same and who'd be changed and how if the game was being made today from scratch?
I think the big difference would have been more complex character situations earlier.

Take Georgina, I’m not sure she would have moved on to the Polyamory arc and stayed in the background with the old work. Instead, she got transformed into something more complex (crush on MC, ex model) toward the end of Chapter 1. In a redo, those elements would have been at the beginning of Chapter 1.

Elena’s father conflicts and self esteem conflicts would have been drafted into chapter 1.

Jennifer, imo, would have also benefitted from a more complex handling in Chapter 1.

I think the characters kind of grew into what they are now, but they would have had that “fleshing out” way earlier. Now that Melody is winding down, there are more insights that would have gone into each characters, and you might have had a larger number of reoccurring but non-sex available characters to flesh out the world environment.

U

User_1481726

Best first post ever and you managed to get Dyatlov in :LOL:
Thanks!

Waiting for new release, especially when it's this close, always has wild impact on my imagination.

Got one speculative idea, would like to see what you can come up with also, what could be included in a package.

So what package? As physical copies of games are popular, one company is even releasing special editions of old adventure games soon, let's speculate what would a physical copy of DMD look like.

Personally, I'd prefer a classic big box, all in pink with nice artwork, 2D, and extra goodies. Like poster, tie-in short little comic perhaps, game screenshot cards. And a 3D printed D minifigure of course!

Reactions: Darkaura
3.80 star(s) 320 Votes