Robat

Aug 15, 2017
Hey guys, just started the game for the first time & know essentially nothing about it, so i had a few questions:

-How close is the game to being finished in everyone's opinion?
-How often are updates, & do they generally include much new content?

-I see on the guides that there are specific paths e.g. "Elena path only" & triggers for opening various routes. I'm in chapter 2, but have seen no triggers/options/indicators of having specifically chosen any path. I've gotten some "Elena path only scenes" but I've just been trying to keep all options open (fucked jennifer, elena, and georgia so far). Obviously some options will be locked by choosing certain girls/options, but will i be completely locked out from certain characters paths if i choose Elena (for example), or can i do multiple at once? Daughter is obviously #1, but want best paths for others (especially elena and jennifer).

Magixian

Feb 2, 2017
I really need some help with this lovely game.

I have simply extracted chapter 2 (0.18) to my DMD dir (game -> game, lib -> lib, and so on) and placed the exe and its files in same dir as old exe.
Hi. Really nice way of asking, and giving out information on what you did. Big plus.
You need to keep the chapters in seperate folders. The data stored from chapter 1 is saved elsewhere (in appdata). Do this and next time to start up Ch.2 it should work just fine. Else dont hesitate to ask again.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
But are they blameless for giving incomplete (possibly purposely) info to fans? Yes. That's their perogative ? They are opponents, not saviours.
I would't call them opponents, they're just another production team to me. And, like I implied, they've still some maturing to do in this space as such - witness the rather significant bumps brought up here. In that respect, I don't have problems with the mistakes and hopeful announcements, but we haven't seen those for awhile now - have we? I think they've learned from those mistakes to the point of not over-promising quite so strongly by this point in the game.

And, that was my point all along: dumb things happened, people spat, things seem better from a communications (and outputs) stance by all appearances. OK, let's keep moving forward, then.

Folks on the team like Jeff seem pretty cool about sharing their thoughts without leading us on - at least by this point in the game's maturity. Maybe there's others?

That's my ongoing problem. Too many fan bois give this studio TOO much credit. Do past stumbles necessarily mean future stumbles? No, of course not. But the possibility certainly exists, likely following the pattern of earlier stumbles. These fan bois are even trying to revise history in order to pile on even more credit. This is the equivalent of spamming DMD reviews with 5 stars, which is a detrimental act for the community.
I don't think your volunteer effort to re-educate fans is the most fruitful thing you can offer. You already provide great support and guidance to those coming in with naive questions which could have been found by a search or two in this topic, for example - that's a value-add to the community, IMHO. Re-telling folks how bad communications were at times of trouble in the game's history, even when that doesn't seem relevant to the thread at hand? Maybe not quite so useful. Certainly OK for metadiscussion or context when comparing their work process + outputs today, but even then I don't see the usefulness to harp on it, because that gets into potential grudge-like territory and I am not the type to hold such (hence, my positioning in this discussion).

Meanwhile . . . only three more days before we have months to discuss the ramifications of this next chapter.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
If he doesn't deliver, I am cutting funds.
Was your feeling that they did not deliver in Chapter 18, perhaps? Or, might this be a per-chapter position?

Anything specific that needs to be delivered?

Hopefully you'll find Chapter 19 satisfactory, but I'm afraid this 3 month model is going to be taxing on most fans.

Mar 7, 2018
Was your feeling that they did not deliver in Chapter 18, perhaps? Or, might this be a per-chapter position?

Anything specific that needs to be delivered?

Hopefully you'll find Chapter 19 satisfactory, but I'm afraid this 3 month model is going to be taxing on most fans.
I think the recent update was amazing but I agree the 3 months model is a bit taxing for real fans(very few of those here tho), especially since i feel there is alot going on in the story atm so we really want to know whats going to happen.

But i'm also happy of course that the game is still updated, it could easily be cancelled now, especially if you look at most new fans of MrDots who want DMD cancelled right away. MrDots said in his posts that he makes the game as much for himself as the fans, and i really hope thats true and its not only the money, because i think it would be gone now if that was the case.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Hey guys, just started the game for the first time & know essentially nothing about it, so i had a few questions:

-How close is the game to being finished in everyone's opinion?
-How often are updates, & do they generally include much new content?

-I see on the guides that there are specific paths e.g. "Elena path only" & triggers for opening various routes. I'm in chapter 2, but have seen no triggers/options/indicators of having specifically chosen any path. I've gotten some "Elena path only scenes" but I've just been trying to keep all options open (fucked jennifer, elena, and georgia so far). Obviously some options will be locked by choosing certain girls/options, but will i be completely locked out from certain characters paths if i choose Elena (for example), or can i do multiple at once? Daughter is obviously #1, but want best paths for others (especially elena and jennifer).
some chapters still. updates every ~3 months and new content (story moves on). you can fuck all girls and women you like but you miss some scenes (nothing biggie besides d's bj to f) and less money to spend after chap 1 (luckily cheating is easy, just click that thing in upper right corner and turn other than d off and after severance turn all on).

Les_Riggs

Oct 19, 2017
I think the recent update was amazing but I agree the 3 months model is a bit taxing for real fans(very few of those here tho), especially since i feel there is alot going on in the story atm so we really want to know whats going to happen.

But i'm also happy of course that the game is still updated, it could easily be cancelled now, especially if you look at most new fans of MrDots who want DMD cancelled right away. MrDots said in his posts that he makes the game as much for himself as the fans, and i really hope thats true and its not only the money, because i think it would be gone now if that was the case.
Seeing as you can donate a measly $5 to get all the entitlements (bonus pix, animations) that one could attain for Melody if they were a $20 tier member on his Patreon page, it's clearly not about the money (only a moron would believe otherwise, as he could charge a lot more if he wanted to).

It's about being able to continue making episodes of DMD so it can have a conclusion.
Easiest thing he could've done was abandon it like 95% of other Devs in his position would have,
but yet, we're three days away from another update.

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
it’s not ideal situation but i’m just happy to see what happens next in the story, see more of the lovely and gorgeous D naked, and what sort of sexual progression and subsequent corruption petal aka your daughter loves you a
little more screen.

i also love Melody so can’t wait to see more updates on that the next couple months.

Mar 7, 2018
Seeing as you can donate a measly $5 to get all the entitlements (bonus pix, animations) that one could attain for Melody if they were a $20 tier member on his Patreon page, it's clearly not about the money (only a moron would believe otherwise, as he could charge a lot more if he wanted to).

It's about being able to continue making episodes of DMD so it can have a conclusion.
Easiest thing he could've done was abandon it like 95% of other Devs in his position would have,
but yet, we're three days away from another update.
You are totally right! Thats also how he says it in his posts on mrdotsgames.com.. I mean after developing a game like DMD it must be horrible to not get to tell the whole story you want, and i think, just like you, thats what MrDots really wants. Thanks for reassuring me Goonersz! :)

Reactions: Les_Riggs

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
Hello folks :)

I really need some help with this lovely game.

My challenge is that i downloaded both files from page 1, and played my ass of the last 4 days in chapter 1 (0.14.5), And finally made it to the end.
Naturally i'd like to continue with chapter 2, but i find it somewhat unclear exatly what to do to upgrade my game.

I have simply extracted chapter 2 (0.18) to my DMD dir (game -> game, lib -> lib, and so on) and placed the exe and its files in same dir as old exe.

Now... When i start up ch2 exe, game starts fine, i see the continue ch1 in lower left corner, so far so good.
But when i click it, i am simply directed to start a new game.

My save game from ch1 is made on the last screen we see (to be continued).

Would anyone please be kind enough to guide me in the right direction. (I have been wise enough to make a backup of the enitre ch1 folder before extracting anything, if i was doing anything wrong, yay me :) )

Regards
maximanden
You just extract that zip into it's own folder and fire it up, it should prompt you with options if you have more than one play through or it'll just continue as it looks at the Roaming folder for the other saves not the old dmd folder.

Reactions: maximanden

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017

1) as it's been stated you only need to give $5 to get all, and that's one time not month to month.
2) if you are a melody patreon, I believe you still get DMD access without question.

so honestly I don't see that it is about the money here now give it a rest, they said it was going to be a slow awakening and everyone thought that meant the second chapter they'd get to do the D, but got pissed when they can't. I think the story is going well and I like it for that story. but you all make your own decisions.

Reactions: Les_Riggs
3.80 star(s) 325 Votes