armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
The last time MC is foolling around with Elena was august 2018.I wonder if we have to wait for 0.23/september 2019/ for next level of debauchery:)

Wookie

Dec 27, 2017
On Mac, how do I add patches so that the game doesn't finish early?
What do you mean by 'finish early'? AFAIK a 'patch' is not a thing for DMD.
If it is ending because of the Lucas assault on the daughter then you need to go back and report the attack to the police, you will then be offered self defence classes which will solve the problem

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I know this is a day late and a dollar short, but when Patreon had their melt down the game name could have been changed to make it sound more Patreon anti-incest acceptable from Dating My Daughter to Reunited, and It Feels so Good, or to Reunited 'Cause We Understood maybe even We Both are so Excited 'Cause We're Reunited.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
I know this is a day late and a dollar short, but when Patreon had their melt down the game name could have been changed to make it sound more Patreon anti-incest acceptable from Dating My Daughter to Reunited, and It Feels so Good, or to Reunited 'Cause We Understood maybe even We Both are so Excited 'Cause We're Reunited.
It was changed, to "Dating my Donut", and all references to father-daughter were removed. Where Mr. Dots screwed up was the post on Patreon warning his patrons to not remove a certain file, because if they did the icky incest stuff would leak out. Patreon saw through that shit and perma-banned DMD.

Reactions: RustyV

Anonny

♥ Ren'Py Fangirl ♥
Donor
Sep 18, 2017
It was changed, to "Dating my Donut", and all references to father-daughter were removed. Where Mr. Dots screwed up was the post on Patreon warning his patrons to not remove a certain file, because if they did the icky incest stuff would leak out. Patreon saw through that shit and perma-banned DMD.
And unfortunately his "work-around" was made just before the launch of LewdPatcher. Talk about woeful timing. :(

Reactions: cloudfw and RustyV

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
So in short we would call it instead of DmD Weboasexcawere? ^^

Reactions: RustyV

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Yeah, in those days it wasn't fully clear how motivated Patreon was to make "examples" of cracking down on some well-known creator properties in order to look better in their financial backers+liaisons' eyes, I feel.

I'm still satisfied with how MrDots was able to keep DMD going, just disappointed that the staggered schedule (and perhaps less concentrated revenue stream? SubscribeStar numbers for DMD alone appears over $4K/month) will lead to a somewhat extended Chapter 2 and no full Chapter 3, as it currently stands.

Reactions: cloudfw

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Mr.Dots was in a bad situation when DMD got banned. As this game was one of the early sacrificial lambs there had not as yet been any useful methods to manipulate the game to make it both Patreon compliant and keep it true to it's design.
Sucks because we lost out on a great game and now have a very sparse update schedule, which is better than none.

IMO Chapter 3 seems as if it would have been almost a new game in that D and the MC may have been nothing like who they had been in the preceding chapters. The game may very well have transitioned from the MC driving events to D being in control. I was interested in seeing this VN become more about D's evolving corruption and how she became more independent. And of course much much more sexually active.lol
In this regards it uber sucks that a rebooted pseudo-stand-alone Chapter 3 can not ever be on Patreon as a follow up VN after Melody.

Maybe a Elena based game is possible.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

shaggzy

Sep 23, 2017
not sure if this has been asked but can anyone help me with the saves i downloaded the latest version and none of my previous save games work.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Mr.Dots was in a bad situation when DMD got banned. As this game was one of the early sacrificial lambs there had not as yet been any useful methods to manipulate the game to make it both Patreon compliant and keep it true to it's design.
Sucks because we lost out on a great game and now have a very sparse update schedule, which is better than none.

IMO Chapter 3 seems as if it would have been almost a new game in that D and the MC may have been nothing like who they had been in the preceding chapters. The game may very well have transitioned from the MC driving events to D being in control. I was interested in seeing this VN become more about D's evolving corruption and how she became more independent. And of course much much more sexually active.lol
In this regards it uber sucks that a rebooted pseudo-stand-alone Chapter 3 can not ever be on Patreon as a follow up VN after Melody.

Maybe a Elena based game is possible.
Yeah, and as I've expressed before, my desire was for Chapter 3 to work through a possible schism between D and the MC as her "joy for life" and maybe some reality elements (plus pressure from outside) pushed them apart ... so we could go through their separate ups/downs, her wildness leading to a greater maturity (after hitting some lows) and the slow, agonizing path back towards each other with MAYBE a reconcilliation by the end. The underlying tension while keeping things entertaining there could have been truly different from prior chapters, yes: but, that would have made the game really take things to the next level, I feel.

I think a lot of our collective desires for what could happen would have been possible in a full-on Chapter 3. I'm not complaining about getting a somewhat extended Chapter 2, though: players can't be choosers and all.

not sure if this has been asked but can anyone help me with the saves i downloaded the latest version and none of my previous save games work.
That unfortunately happens at times and for the first time in my case (playing since the first installment) every one of my saves except the last one have become unable to load. Yet, if I play the prior version, most saves are still compatible.

The long-time claim is that moving up to another Ren'Py level is the culprit, as that platform - for all its advantages in VN development and delivery - has an open policy of not guaranteeing that later versions will be backwards compatible with prior saves.

Maybe see if you can at least make a save in the prior version near the end - right after D's virginity is taken, essentially. I found that saves after that point were compatible with the latest installment.

Last edited:

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I think a lot of our collective desires for what could happen would have been possible in a full-on Chapter 3. I'm not complaining about getting a somewhat extended Chapter 2, though: players can't be choosers and all.
Well maybe players can be choosers, but pirates can't. lol

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017

Btw, can’t see that spoiler as being very shocking.
Yeah we know about D's dream to have sex with F on the beach.And it's pretty obvious that next corruption level will include
-You can have public sex(Always)
Happy to see Elena back after august 2018.
Even more happy for Jennifer.Will be there more panda?

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Yeah we know about D's dream to have sex with F on the beach.And it's pretty obvious that next corruption level will include
-You can have public sex(Always)
Happy to see Elena back after august 2018.
Even more happy for Jennifer.Will be there more panda?
You know, bad on me, I couldn’t remember that dream but Hearsz does. Sex on the beach means sand in the cracks, so maybe that’s why I can’t remember it. (But in a VN, sand does not get in the cracks when you don’t want it to.)

Reactions: fried
3.80 star(s) 320 Votes