salieri101

Nov 21, 2019
Hi all. i was able to continue from chapter 1 to chapter 2 with all the "stats" i had in ch1, but i dont see the same option in chapter 3's main menu so how could i go on from where i left off at ch2? should i chose "new game" in ch3? or how could i "bring over" the "stats" i had in ch2?

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Hi all. i was able to continue from chapter 1 to chapter 2 with all the "stats" i had in ch1, but i dont see the same option in chapter 3's main menu so how could i go on from where i left off at ch2? should i chose "new game" in ch3? or how could i "bring over" the "stats" i had in ch2?
You have to look at your Chapter 2 end stats, and enter them in at the appropriate times at the beginning of Chapter 3. Or just make up numbers.

VM356255

Jan 1, 2018
Plans For 2020 And Our Third Game

Hello to all of our loyal fans from wherever you are around the world.

We hope you’ve all been well and that you are looking forward to Christmas this week and the upcoming New Year, as well as the release of the final version of “Melody” on Saturday, December 28th.

We’ll have more details and what you should expect in this final version on the day of its release.

But today’s post is all about our forthcoming third game, and to also let you all know of our proposed scheduling for 2020.

The first piece of news that we would like to share with you all is that the development of the new game will begin during the first week of January.

During that time, we will announce the game’s title and share with you our first previews.

However, the very first release of our new game will not be out until late March 2020. We believe we’re going to need at least two months to come up with a decent first version of the game.

There will be plenty of details and previews of the new game posted up between the start of January, and when the first version is released.

As for February, our plan is to release a new update of DMD.

So in other words, our schedule for the first three months of 2020 looks like this:

• January 2020: Start developing the new game. Release game’s title, description, update Patreon tiers and post up the first previews.

• February 2020: Release a new update of DMD.

• March 2020: Continue the development of the new game and release our first update.

April 2020 and beyond: Our idea is to keep working on one game at a time, like we’ve been doing for the past two years.

However, we will change the schedule to put more effort into finishing our first game. So, starting 2020, we will be releasing a new update of our new game once every two months instead of three.
We’re still not sure if we’ll be able to release an update per month of our new game, like we’ve been doing with Melody, since the new game will require more time to work on the renders (they’ll have higher resolution than Melody’s renders), so I’ll get back to you on this one once we release our first update, and by then I should have a good idea of just how much time it takes to complete an update.

The planning of Game #3 has been in the works for the past few months, with details, character creations, the plot and backstories having been discussed by myself, my main writer HearszAM, and our resident ideas guy Jeff Steel during that time.

We’ve somehow managed to flesh out several ideas despite having to manage and create updates for our first two games during this time as well.

As many of you may already know, if you have been following my work since Melody’s first release early last year, we weren’t afforded anywhere as much time as we were to create and release our second game. So that’s already a huge positive for us.

Something that we would really like to get back into the habit of doing is how we interact with you, our loyal followers, and as often as possible.

As we’ve previously stated, we make these games for you guys as much as we do ourselves, and we have also tried to incorporate as many of your ideas as we can into our games too.

So, with that, we would like to ask and invite you all to tell us: What would you like to see featured in our third game?
For those of you that have played either (or both) of our two games: What's been missing from those visual novels that you would like to see featured in our next game?
Maybe it’s a style of rewards or galleries system that we haven’t implemented as yet, or perhaps a scene setting that we haven’t used, or is there a particular fetish (that doesn’t breach Patreon’s guidelines) that you would like to see featured?

Maybe it’s something you’ve seen from other games and want us to implement it in ours?

If there was ever a time to suggest what you would like to see in our new game, then that time is NOW!

Thanks so much for your time and support. Take care of yourselves over Christmas and New Years.

Mrdots.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
So they have a third game but want input?
we will be releasing a new update of our new game once every two months instead of three (?)
And what doesn't violate Patreon's guidelines.
Literally you couldn't put Oedipus Rex on Patreon.

VM356255

Jan 1, 2018
So they have a third game but want input?
we will be releasing a new update of our new game once every two months instead of three (?)
I think he meant from the first (DMD)

slackster

Feb 1, 2017
Think there is a typo in that news

However, we will change the schedule to put more effort into finishing our first game. So, starting 2020, we will be releasing a new update of our new game once every two months instead of three.
We’re still not sure if we’ll be able to release an update per month of our new game, like we’ve been doing with Melody,
Im guessing the bold bit is referring to DMD and should read 1st game not new game?

Be good to see DMD updates every 2 months

• Love
Reactions: Jeancul

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
They say you can, but they disallow things that clearly follow their community guidelines.

"We understand that some topics on this list such as incest or rape are a little bit more complicated because these situations are, unfortunately, part of real life. As a result, when reviewing these types of creations, the Trust and Safety team will take into consideration context including personal, historical or educational narrative. For example, survivor stories or fiction such as Game of Thrones or Lolita are allowed on Patreon."

Emphasis mine. Explain to me how DMD is not "fiction".

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
They're gonna try to finish DMD in 2020, so they're changing the update schedule. DMD is the first game. It was DMD-Mel-Mel-DMD but now its going to be DMD-New-DMD-New

The new game is on patreon, so I expect it to be similar stylistically to Melody. Vanilla, no hardcore stuff etc. Whenever DMD is done, I assume they'll make another DMD style game for subscribe star. Probably incest to keep that part of the base happy, I think it would be really interesting to basically do DMD again, but with a mom/son relationship.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
It seems there has been a definite effect on games since the Patreon Purge. By necessity they are all more mild, but there is not a whole lot of new quality or originality in games being produced.

My problem with a mother+son game is (for me) it lacks the drama of a father+daughter. Would the game be through the eyes of the son or just another son mother game with the players as third party interlopers.

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
They're gonna try to finish DMD in 2020, so they're changing the update schedule. DMD is the first game. It was DMD-Mel-Mel-DMD but now its going to be DMD-New-DMD-New

The new game is on patreon, so I expect it to be similar stylistically to Melody. Vanilla, no hardcore stuff etc. Whenever DMD is done, I assume they'll make another DMD style game for subscribe star. Probably incest to keep that part of the base happy, I think it would be really interesting to basically do DMD again, but with a mom/son relationship.
The new game will have an incest element - I Presume it will be via patch like so many others, allowing the game to be on Patreon. I rather like how we are running the dialogue-Plot lines of the “incest/non-incest” plots.

yaksh000

Apr 25, 2019
The new game will have an incest element - I Presume it will be via patch like so many others, allowing the game to be on Patreon. I rather like how we are running the dialogue-Plot lines of the “incest/non-incest” plots.
Hey brother, please upload final version of Melody on steam so i can buy it easily.
I am a student so i can't afford to donate monthly on patreon.
If you publish it on steam, i would appreciate it.

• Haha
Reactions: unknown78

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
I'm really hoping Mr Dots third game will be more like DMD and less like Melody. I really found Melody boring for the most part, especially towards the end. Mainly because I don't have a musical background and the setting didn't do much for me.

Fingers crossed it's a fun and 'stimulating' game. I'm hoping they stick with an adult MC, and not try the old cliche horny teenager.

Reactions: RustyV and atr0phy

atr0phy

Nov 18, 2019
I'm really hoping Mr Dots third game will be more like DMD and less like Melody. I really found Melody boring for the most part, especially towards the end. Mainly because I don't have a musical background and the setting didn't do much for me.
Yeah I think the dev clearly has a passion for music, which is cool, but I can't imagine the majority of people wanting to sift thru the denser details of music history and theory. Unless it's moving the plot forward, which it wasn't. It was just too campy for my taste.

Reactions: Watcher X
3.80 star(s) 324 Votes