slackster

Feb 1, 2017
To what end do you feel compelled to cajole others to necessitate such a hurtful scenario into such a game, actively working to supplant the MC for another just for the FAP of it.
Its called dramatic tension, we all know it won't happen even though the temptation for D may be there (especially when she finds out what daddy dearest has been up to with her best friend)

Reactions: Looper9

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
Its called dramatic tension, we all know it won't happen even though the temptation for D may be there (especially when she finds out what daddy dearest has been up to with her best friend)
I understand the need for dramatic tension hence, Rachel In this case. NTR as a general rule is not a problem per se. I can see a NTR lite where the MC and D are confronted by a third party but there needs to be a path to reconciliation or whats the point to this story? It's just another FAP-O-RAMA.

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Well if Collie cotius, Pony pounding, or Goat groping is your bag, Bon Appetit.

As for the NTR crowd you actively seek to disrupt the relationship, albeit a fictional story one that in my opinion has been a very carefully woven story of self discovery, and sexual coming of age. To what end do you feel compelled to cajole others to necessitate such a hurtful scenario into such a game, actively working to supplant the MC for another just for the FAP of it.

I can see the desire for this in some story genre's, but this story is not a dark one. Some still attempt to pressure the Dev to acquiesce to throw the story into a dark morass of self absorbed hedonism. If this is the sole desire of some I say... There are other VN's to chose from.

Remember sharing is caring lol.

Yup your right I must be a low self esteem bastard.
I am the dark one on the MDots team. From “hey, let’s show what happened when F loses the billiards game” to “hey, let’s script a Melody scene where she attempts but fails at suicide” ... my darker ideas are usually scrapped.

KingFuzzy

Aug 3, 2018
To what end do you feel compelled to cajole others to necessitate such a hurtful scenario into such a game, actively working to supplant the MC for another just for the FAP of it.
It is because they are low self esteem cucks. they likely had a successful Eric (Big Brother ref) in their real life who came along, fucked their girl or guy and got them kicked to the curb. so they try in any way possible to force that into everything people like or enjoy to turn it all shitty, so people can feel even a smidgen as miserable or pissed off as them. that is literally how they usually act and what the fetish is, and given how Jeff is trying to defend it and try putting it in i am guessing his significant other is cheating on him so he wants to make everyone else feel as shitty as him.

Last edited:

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
It is because they are low self esteem cucks. they likely had a successful Eric (Big Brother ref) in their real life who came along, fucked their girl or guy and got them kicked to the curb. so they try in any way possible to force that into everything people like or enjoy to turn it all shitty, so people can feel even a smidgen as miserable or pissed off as them. that is literally how they usually act and what the fetish is, and given how Jeff is trying to defend it and try putting it in i am guessing his significant other is cheating on him so he wants to make everyone else feel as shitty as him.
There is enough nastiness in this world please don't add to it.

KingFuzzy

Aug 3, 2018
There is enough nastiness in this world please don't add to it.
i worded it that way since Jeff said anyone who disagrees with him on the topic has low self esteem. Also besides, NTR is one of the nasty bits of the world, there is a reason it has such a strong dislike towards it. You love your significant other, they are your world, they betray you to be with another or are stolen by force by another, and leave you making you feel like shit or lesser than shit. Do not think you can get much more nasty than that.

Paz

Aug 9, 2016
I think you miswrote that. The fact is bestiality was planned from the start, or very early on. It said it on his Patreon page before the great purge, and as you showed with the wayback machine, on the dmd website.
You are correct, thanks. My wording was off.

This, I take issue with. Jeff Steel said that neither he nor Hearsz want bestiality. Jeff is an idea guy for dmd (and a writer for Melody, and I assume a writer for SL). Hearsz is the main writer. They both have had "anything to do with the game for a very long time".
My point still stands though, none was there from the start. Also, you might wanna checks those new posts for their actual preferences.

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
With confirmation from the NTR, even if it's light,
this game definitely died for me,
there would be no such thing as bestiality,
and that game would end this year,
but it looks like the money earned from that will be missing,
now it looks like they’re going to add any shit to earn a few more bucks.
it was the game I loved the most,
but greed is killing him.
MrDots had my respect, but now I will stay away from his games, I did well to stop supporting him, I would regret it very much if I continued.
And without blahbláblá, about avoidable, if it is just to follow D's route, this game could be over, even the animations are getting repeated, just changing the background scenery, there is nothing more to add just on D's route,
and now this light NTR shit,
it was always discussed here that I would never have and always supported,
but money speaks louder.
Now even bestiality seems to have it, how are things right?
and I’m also predicting that the third game will be another crap, characters so generic and artificial.
But it was a good thing, I was very involved with DMD, who didn't care about much better games.
who didn't like my comment, feel free to ignore it.
Did you read what I have said over the past And present? MDots does not want NTR regardless if it is in line with Casablanca or any other movie.

Paz

Aug 9, 2016
it appears to me since DMD is no longer on Patreon that Discord has a greater influence on the bestiality issue than any other platform. If bestiality lovers win the debate in that forum, then the sky is the limit.
So it's just a matter of which portion is the louder (or, let's be honest, which has the largest aggregate wallet). Since there's no substantial debate other than "I like it / I don't like it". Perfectly understandable. Not something I fully agree with, but understandable.

8. The main administrator over on Discord is very opposed to bestiality and I value his opinion - his Issue is the lack of “free agency” similar to the issue with child-adult sex (that being said he also does not seem opposed to the dog that jumps up on the bed and starts licking at genitals while a couple has sex - since this is a fairly common experience)

11. Bestiality has never been off the topic for either MDots or Hearsz, and there are notes on it from before Chapter 2 was even considered, as well as notes in the planning documents for it to possibly appear in Chapter 2. (I won’t go into details because this is one of those “walk the line” imo Like with D-another male sharing).
Thanks for the response, I do wonder how the F.A.Q's came to be on the Discord and the information propagated here ad infinitum to shut down any mentions of it.
I respectfully disagree with the legitimacy of the reason that a person (however involved he is with the community) doesn't find it appealing is reason enough though.

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
Did you read what I have said over the past And present? MDots does not want NTR regardless if it is in line with Casablanca or any other movie.
Wow you would think we just introduced politics here... A lot of polarizing thoughts on this. Whatever occurs as long as the reader has the choice to choose that's all anyone is asking.

Reactions: Looper9

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
i supported the game from 0.3 i think but first hint of bestiality will pretty much be the day i'll move on
You are not alone. Interesting as it was on the list of eventual items when it started 3 years ago. it sets up the: “I’ll leave if it appears” with the “I’ve been betrayed because it’s never happening” conflict. I suppose it is best for the artist to do the art and disappoint someone. hmmmm

Reactions: Looper9 and relayer

Paz

Aug 9, 2016
i supported the game from 0.3 i think but first hint of bestiality will pretty much be the day i'll move on
Might I ask why? I am legitimately curious here.
If this is something that you never have to experience yourself (much like D having lesbian tendencies, or others eyeing D, or F sleeping with others -every one of which is avoidable-) why does it lessen your enjoyment that much?

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Donor
Respected User
Aug 5, 2018
Yeah, I moved on when BBC martin (ntr) or whatever his name is, got added to the route story, I dropped my support in a heartbeat started my support 0.17 patch

TungstenDuck

May 6, 2018
What you're basically saying is:
"This bar serves Gin and I hate Gin therefore I will not set foot in that bar even though I'm in no way obligated to order Gin."

What I'm saying is:
"There was a sign out front that advertised Absinthe but they actually don't even have Absinthe. And there was a cover charge to get in. WTF."

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
DMD is a story, and IMO it's a story that rises above most of the other VNs. It's obvious the plot is well thought out, discussed, edited, and often re-edited based on fan reactions/suggestions. Honestly (besides Long Live the Princess) it is one of the few VNs where I actually read all of the dialogue.

IMO the original concept of DMD seems to center around the corruption evolution of D. It seems the idea may have been as the petals turn black the story gets darker.

Optional branches are offered, if you don't like A then choose B. Unfortunately it appears to be the mantra of the modern world were if 'I don't get my way I'll have a hissy fit and call you names'.

I do agree the D Only route may have less and less new material to be added as the plot lends itself to have less external conflict. And as D+F settle down the story may be in danger of having less interesting conflict in general; D: "Did you take out the garbage like I asked you to do?" MC: "I'll do it later." D: "I asked you t do one simple thing. My mother/your ex-wife was right about you!"
Maybe the D only route should end at Chapter 3. D looses the competition then settles down to start a family with the MC, they live happily ever after and D finally gets her dog.

wrx21

Donor
Jun 15, 2017
You are not alone. Interesting as it was on the list of eventual items when it started 3 years ago. it sets up the: “I’ll leave if it appears” with the “I’ve been betrayed because it’s never happening” conflict. I suppose it is best for the artist to do the art and disappoint someone. hmmmm
i know it looks like that,but i never pressured any developer or writer to change the game just because i don't like it,after all i pledged to the project when it was at it's beginnings with bestiality clearly listed on fetish list. when it comes to that i'll switch my full support to the SL,with no hard feelings.

Might I ask why? I am legitimately curious here.
If this is something that you never have to experience yourself (much like D having lesbian tendencies, or others eyeing D, or F sleeping with others -every one of which is avoidable-) why does it lessen your enjoyment that much?
it's personal taste,i find bestiality gross,i know it will ruin my gameplay enjoyment even if it's avoidable. just the thought of any form of bestiality involving these characters sickens me

3.80 star(s) 324 Votes