Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Again, dmd is a multipath game. Just choose your way guys.
There are choices, yes, but the number of people who think this game's focus should be more on NTR and sharing is getting annoying, as are the complaints that this game is too "vanilla". To them I say, tough shit.

This game, as well as MrD's general popularity as a dev, has gotten to where it is precisely because it has what some might call "vanilla" content. He didn't need to put in extreme fetishes to become a success, he just created good, simple stories centred around the relationship between 2 primary characters and their growing love for each other and it worked. No need to fix what ain't broke by acquiescing to a small minority.

zehyr

Apr 29, 2018
Except that there is no NTR path and never will be.
only god know it ;)

There are choices, yes, but the number of people who think this game's focus should be more on NTR and sharing is getting annoying, as are the complaints that this game is too "vanilla". To them I say, tough shit.

This game, as well as MrD's general popularity as a dev, has gotten to where it is precisely because it has what some might call "vanilla" content. He didn't need to put in extreme fetishes to become a success, he just created good, simple stories centred around the relationship between 2 primary characters and their growing love for each other and it worked. No need to fix what ain't broke by acquiescing to a small minority.
Wrong awnser. He left patreon to develop dmd like he want. He decide to propose us differents ways on chap 3. No need to argue about it. You talk about a minority when you want, just take a look on the pool. :whistle:

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Wrong awnser. He left patreon to develop dmd like he want. He decide to propose us differents ways on chap 3. No need to argue about it. You talk about a minority when you want, just take a look on the pool. :whistle:
I think you're the one who's wrong on that one, chief. For one thing, they haven't left Patreon, they're still on it and promoting and funding Sunshine Love with it. The only reason they moved DMD to SubscribeStar is because it was not possible to change it to avoid the Patreon censors regarding incest.

Also, if you're referring to the Discord poll, the paths featuring other male characters are in the minority of votes when compared to many of the female character paths, and also when they're tallied together. Right now it stands like this:
  1. D only = 250
  2. D+Georgina = 267
  3. D+Elena = 192
  4. D+Elena+Jennifer = 370
  5. D + any of the above + Margo/Ryan = 141
  6. D + any of the above + Olivia/Graham = 178
  7. D + Martin/F sharing = 195
  8. All possible paths = 559
  9. D+Jennifer path = 112
If we take all the paths that involve just female characters and no male characters, they total 1191 votes. The paths that involve male characters total just 514 votes. Even if we add #8 to the male character total and #5,#6, and #8 to the female characters total since they technically involve these characters too, it's still more for female than male with 2069 vs 1073 votes.

The numbers don't lie; there are less votes for paths involving sharing with other male characters.

Reactions: Perfectlyyimperfect

zehyr

Apr 29, 2018
I think you're the one who's wrong on that one, chief. For one thing, they haven't left Patreon, they're still on it and promoting and funding Sunshine Love with it. The only reason they moved DMD to SubscribeStar is because it was not possible to change it to avoid the Patreon censors regarding incest.

Also, if you're referring to the Discord poll, the paths featuring other male characters are in the minority of votes when compared to many of the female character paths, and also when they're tallied together. Right now it stands like this:
  1. D only = 250
  2. D+Georgina = 267
  3. D+Elena = 192
  9. D+Jennifer path = 112
If we take all the paths that involve just female characters and no male characters, they total 1191 votes. The paths that involve male characters total just 514 votes. Even if we add #8 to the male character total and #5,#6, and #8 to the female characters total since they technically involve these characters too, it's still more for female than male with 2069 vs 1073 votes.

The numbers don't lie; there are less votes for paths involving sharing with other male characters.
Except one thing, you can vote for each options i you want. All possible paths involve every possibility and its what player want. Like you said, number dont lie ( when you know how to read a pool like this one ).

Last edited:

AnimeHentaiGamer

Aug 29, 2017

1. D only = 250
  2. D+Georgina = 267
  3. D+Elena = 192
  9. D+Jennifer path = 112

so by going by your numbers. you literally saying HALF the people want NTR. good job. "2069 vs 1073". thing is it's going to happen. i think it happen in the revision in december or literally in chapter 4 of dmd

bosa43

Oct 20, 2017
I seriously don't get the debate. Sharing has been planned from basically the start and there seems to be a good amount of people who want sharing. Considering the closest thing to sharing that has occurred is the daughter getting groped, I think it's understandable to want to see more of it. Plus if you don't want to see it then don't they've made it easier than ever to close and open paths.

DefNotATroll

Nov 9, 2019

1. D only = 250
  2. D+Georgina = 267
  3. D+Elena = 192
  9. D+Jennifer path = 112

1602896037946.png

Your argument is wrong because people can vote multiple options on those discord polls. You can't add up the votes like that to push your narrative.

At most it is 370 votes for options involving just female characters 4) D+Elena+Jennifer. The highest one involving male characters would then default to 8) All possible paths with 559 votes.

Also think you conveniently missed this poll

1602895911109.png

Are you so insecure that you cannot even fathom having other peoples fetishes in a game even though if you actually read the dialogue and make your own choices in-game you wont even know they exist.

Last edited:

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
That 2nd poll is just what the people on discord think about NTR, it doesn't mean NTR will be in the game. The NTR talk in this thread need to die, it's actually been pretty irritating the past few months. It's been said literally a million times, many times from one of the writers himself, that this game will not have NTR.

The only D + other guy content will be sharing/swinging, with F being there if not participating himself. MC isn't getting NTR'ed by D or cucked by one of the other guys.

Most people, as those polls show, do not really care as long as it is avoidable. Most people also play all, or at least most of the paths in the game. The issue is the pro-D share people and the anti-D share people can't stop fighting with each other, both of them are minority groups, but they seem a lot more relevant since the neutral majority simply do not care enough to post about it.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Your argument is wrong because people can vote multiple options on those discord polls. You can't add up the votes like that to push your narrative.

At most it is 370 votes for options involving just female characters 4) D+Elena+Jennifer. The highest one involving male characters would then default to 8) All possible paths with 559 votes.

Also think you missed this poll

View attachment 860999
And? In multiple choice voting, it's not about the number of people voting but the number of votes cast for each choice, and the number of votes cast for paths featuring male characters is only around 1/3rd of the total votes cast. Even in that other poll (which I did see when it was posted), only around 1/9th of the total votes are supportive of unavoidable NTR.

Also, you can't determine the number of total voters from any of those numbers either. 370 have voted for the D+E+J path, but there could be 50 people that voted for D+G who didn't vote for that, and there could be 20 people who didn't vote for either of those but voted for the D+E path. So none of those numbers necessarily represent the total number of individual voters, but that doesn't matter in a multiple choice voting system.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
If there is pro-sharing and anti-sharing what is left?
D celibacy path?
If you mean extremest cliques then yeah.
I would like to see a sluttier D, but not at the expense of the game and characters that have been painstakingly developed.

DefNotATroll

Nov 9, 2019
That 2nd poll is just what the people on discord think about NTR, it doesn't mean NTR will be in the game. The NTR talk in this thread need to die, it's actually been pretty irritating the past few months. It's been said literally a million times, many times from one of the writers himself, that this game will not have NTR.

The only D + other guy content will be sharing/swinging, with F being there if not participating himself. MC isn't getting NTR'ed by D or cucked by one of the other guys.

Most people, as those polls show, do not really care as long as it is avoidable. Most people also play all, or at least most of the paths in the game. The issue is the pro-D share people and the anti-D share people can't stop fighting with each other, both of them are minority groups, but they seem a lot more relevant since the neutrals simply do not care enough to post about it.
While I agree with you overall, I'm simply defending against fake news. Yes it has been stated multiple times, but every time I come back to this thread I see it again, the issue is the anti D+Other crowd is throwing a lot of shit under the NTR genre with the 'I don't give a shit about anyone else even if it doesn't affect me' argument

DefNotATroll

Nov 9, 2019
And? In multiple choice voting, it's not about the number of people voting but the number of votes cast for each choice, and the number of votes cast for paths featuring male characters is only around 1/3rd of the total votes cast. Even in that other poll (which I did see when it was posted), only around 1/9th of the total votes are supportive of unavoidable NTR.

Also, you can't determine the number of total voters from any of those numbers either. 370 have voted for the D+E+J path, but there could be 50 people that voted for D+G who didn't vote for that, and there could be 20 people who didn't vote for either of those but voted for the D+E path. So none of those numbers necessarily represent the total number of individual voters, but that doesn't matter in a multiple choice voting system.
I'm not arguing for unavoidable NTR. I'm arguing most people are fine with whatever content/genre so long as its 100% avoidable. Also that's not how multiple choice works when you can answer multiple times buddy. Essentially you could have voted on every single female character option and your counting that as 5 votes instead of 1. Doesn't make sense.

No one ever started sharing content would be unavoidable. MrDots team have said multiple times anything involving D and a male character will be 100% blatantly avoidable. Your again manipulating the numbers to push your narrative, It is actually 555 votes for and 235 against.

Exactly, you just disproved your own argument for adding them together lol. Doesn't make any sense and yes it does matter lol

3.80 star(s) 324 Votes