jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
From the website

Hello to all my loyal followers from all over the world.We sincerely hope that you are all looking forward to the Christmas holiday period and also the forthcoming New Year.

Even though we will be taking some time off at the end of the month and also the first few weeks of January, doesn’t necessarily mean that we haven’t been keeping one eye on our future plans for DMD Chapter 4 – the final chapter of our long-running debut VN.

Concluding the game is something that has constantly been on our minds over the past few years, even despite the complications that we’ve encountered during this time. So it’s very exciting to know that we’re very close to completing it (finally!)

This game has meant everything to us. But all good things must come to an end eventually. The main thing for us is, we’ll be ending it on our terms.

Details about Chapter 4 and plans for 2021
Without giving all of our plans away for the final chapter of DMD, what we can tell you now is that:

– CH4’s first version will be released within the first quarter of 2021. Sunshine Love (v.5) will be out sometime in February, and then work on DMD CH4 will begin straight after v.5 has been released.

– There will be more focus on the MFF paths, as we know a lot of our fanbase have told us that they’d like to see more of the various female combinations (plus you, the MC) in the game.

– We will also focus on the Father/Daughter (solo) path, and try to go back to our roots with the dating scenes between them. We didn’t contribute as much time to the relationship between F and D in Chapter 3 like we hoped we would, so we really want to readdress the balance in this final chapter.

– Reduction of side characters to focus more on the ones the fans like/love the most (D, Elena, Jen, and Georgina).- There won’t be anymore focus on the MMF/Sharing paths in CH4. They were always just minor paths for specific fans and those paths were never considered to be an important part of the original/main storyline.

MMF fans will get some content in this month’s CH3 revision (v29), but no more MMF content has been planned for Chapter 4. However, when we finish the final chapter, some MMF extra or deleted scenes could feature in our Bonus Scene gallery (similar to what we did for Melody).

– More focus on adding bonus renders for our Subscribestar members for both games.

– Improved graphics for DMD with 1080p resolution and trying to match the quality renders that have featured in Sunshine Love.

This week’s preview
As you probably know by now, the final update for Chapter 3, or “Version 29” will be a revision of Days 28-42.

v.29 will be released on Tuesday, December 22nd.

We want to add as much content as we can, but unfortunately December is a special month for all of us and we won’t have the usual time we have for a normal update.

Therefore we had to pick a few scenes to add to the game, and we chose to add extra content to the scenes that happen after the wrap party scene.

There will be a number of new scenes added into this last update, and the one we have for you today features Dee with one of her best friends, Jennifer.

This is just one of those “new scenes” that we’re adding into this final update for Chapter 3. Can you figure out what the other ones might be, and which characters will feature?

More images are available here:

Let us know your thoughts on today’s preview pic in the comments section below.

We’ll have another preview for you next week.

Have a great day, and thank you very much for your support!

MrDots
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
No more MMF scenes is going to trigger some people for sure, I both get why the fans of that stuff will be mad and why the dev team is ditching them, but quite frankly...it doesn't make sense to ditch them completely.

D and MC are still living in the same town, I assume they aren't moving again. Ryan and Martin may be leaving, but Graham and Olivia are still living in the same place too. I can't see a rational reason why Graham/Olivia won't be getting more scenes, unless they just magically move away. Olivia has been trying to get it on since the earlier chapters. It doesn't make sense to just have just 1 "real" scene and then they move on, it doesn't fit the characters personalities. It doesn't fit D's personality either, it makes no sense as to why she goes from curious about other guys to not doing anything . They may be minor paths, but don't start them in the first place just to ditch them later.

The writers have always struggled with a proper balanced story, and this just continues that struggle. Ditching paths that have just started more or less makes this a wasted chapter.

Last edited:

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
If I was writing this game, this is what I'd do to accomplish the "fewer characters" goal while maintaining some consistency with the MMF paths. Similar to what I posted a few weeks ago about the game having too many characters.

Characters to leave:

Ryan, he follows his dreams.
Margo, she decides she wants to go with Ryan.
Martin, goes back to the old town.
Cassandra, yes Cassandra, moves on to a new job. She isn't important for the story IMO, Georgina can take her role.
None of the girls from the competition come back. No Ruby, Tara or whoever else.

Keep Olivia and Graham in the town as D/F's friends and occasional hookup. They have no rational reason to leave, especially since Olivia is pregnant.

That eliminates at least 4-5 characters, while keeping some consistency in the story.

Main cast is now...

D/F
Georgina
Jen
Elena
Rachel
Graham/Olivia

Very manageable, and still logical and story consistent.

And I'd also say MMF stuff doesn't need "paths". They can be one-off decisions that branch from the D-only path or something. Say D and F are having their typical beach sex, D looks over and sees a guy, you can choose to wave him over or not. 1 decision, just a simple alternate scene and doesn't need any new branches.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
No more MMF scenes is going to trigger some people for sure, I both get why the fans of that stuff will be mad and why the dev team is ditching them, but quite frankly...it doesn't make sense to ditch them completely.

D and MC are still living in the same town, I assume they aren't moving again. Ryan and Martin may be leaving, but Graham and Olivia are still living in the same place too. I can't see a rational reason why Graham/Olivia won't be getting more scenes, unless they just magically move away. Olivia has been trying to get it on since the earlier chapters. It doesn't make sense to just have just 1 "real" scene and then they move on, it doesn't fit the characters personalities. It doesn't fit D's personality either, it makes no sense as to why she goes from curious about other guys to not doing anything . They may be minor paths, but don't start them in the first place just to ditch them later.

The writers have always struggled with a proper balanced story, and this just continues that struggle. Ditching paths that have just started more or less makes this a wasted chapter.
I've never had an issue with ups and downs with this game or their others, have been a stalwart patron of MrDots' team for some time.

There won’t be anymore focus on the MMF/Sharing paths in CH4. They were always just minor paths for specific fans and those paths were never considered to be an important part of the original/main storyline.
Just when D's personality was branching out and she seemed on the verge of independent thinking that still kept in touch with the MC through mutual love, now we learn it's never been an equal part of her growth path. Instead, we're in this ride for the MC going forward.

It's not as if shtupping other guys was a necessary path for D to take in order to mature, but the entire point about her leaving her mother's cage was to choose her own path and this is one way in which she was expressing free choices in her life. In Chapter 3 it became evident that what was important to D was experiencing all life had to offer in still-responsible ways, never losing sight of the grounding in her relationship with the MC. She had so few close and/or intimate relationships in life, so she wanted to see what it was all about. And she couldn't deny loving it.

But now, that was all a lie: it meant nothing. And with it, I am guessing that many other aspects of self-determination are going a similar way. The ending has been sanitized, for unlike a path where Melody might live without the MC, here it seems proscribed that she stay anchored under the metaphorical weight of his heavy shlong - while he brings in other female friends (with whom he has already been cheating on D) for minor spice.

For the first time ever, I'm thinking heavily of my position as a never-die patron - a position I thought unlikely to occur. This is not just a change in focus or reset of an experiment, but it seems a bad faith fuck-you to a subset of fans who were happy to see a variety of growth paths and maturation possibilities with D. And now we see telegraphing of the ever-fuckable, baby-mommy path as our only option. It was always going to be part of their path together, but now with a heavy dose of vanilla-flavored Valium.

"My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined."

crugh2112

Oct 9, 2017
I dropped this on SubscribeStar: Can't say that I am very happy with this announcement. I looked forward to some depravity with this game and it looks like we are just going to end with a very vanilla harem ending. (or Daughter/Dad as was anticipated for the main route.) So much for any of the events that would have led to more adventurous outcomes. Now they are just dead ends. That original list of items to look forward to has been sliced down quite a bit. I think this is where my support for all these years will come to an end. I give you guys credit for your professionalism with getting out your product on a monthly basis. Just wish you had stuck to your guns. You design the game so well that those who didn't want certain content could easily avoid it. But no, they still complained about it even then. Happy Holidays.

Lecastel

Aug 15, 2018

well i think its obvious because 99% of his patrons are against NTR,cheating and sharing.
and 99% of the whole community is the same so it makes sense.
Dots will add some ntr sharing renders or extras maybe after the end of DmD just like Melody.its all about what majority wants,he doesnt make the decisions,the majority does.

Reactions: cakeny

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
When are people going to understand that the sharing paths are not part of the main story?
I mean, technically nothing besides the D-only path are parts of the main story. This game is called "Dating my Daughter" after all. Not "Dating my Daughter...and her friends". Your 2nd comment, right before I posted this comment, proves my point.

People are frustrated because this chapter was more or less wasted and to be blunt about it, provided a lot of false hope for people. The chapter was meant to be about expanding D's horizons, but with those expanding horizons paths being ditched, this chapter was just a waste of time. The model competition was the only important thing to happen in the entire chapter, nothing else mattered. And she didn't even win it. It's like being teased with all the possibilities, and then the door being slammed in your face.

What is the point of starting those paths, to just end them after 1 chapter? And technically, those paths (at least Martins and Graham/Olivia) started way back in chapter 1 and 2. They got delayed until this chapter because, as we are seeing again, the writers are really not that great at organizing a story.

And I'm talking as someone who is neutral on the whole sharing stuff, I just want a logical and consistent story. I think that is very reasonable.

3.80 star(s) 324 Votes