GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
Mrdots must be completely fed up with this game and all the drama it creates for both sides of the sharing coin and just wants to end it.
I agree with this statement. He actually stopped visiting this thread because of the drama. He just got fed up and split.

I always praised the writing in this game as it was always good how the writers teased and catered for different tastes but knowing it all leads to nothing just reminds me of the game of thrones horse drawing meme.
He is a good writer and he has his own style. I happen to like it but apparently a lot of other people don't. What gets me is that those people bitch complain about nonstop instead of just dropping the game and find something else to play.

When I see those comments, they actually go in one side and out the other. And, I'm not talking about ears.

Nov 14, 2020
the saddest part here is that the dev did wanna add MMF content - clearly obvious by all the teasing in CH3 - he's got the skill and wanted to do it.

also , he ain't even on Patreon anymore , subscribestar is ok with besti content but again , something we will never see :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: baka

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
the saddest part here is that the dev did wanna add MMF content - clearly obvious by all the teasing in CH3 - he's got the skill and wanted to do it.

also , he ain't even on Patreon anymore , subscribestar is ok with besti content but again , something we will never see :(
They are still on Patreon - it's only DMD that moved off that platform.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Hasn't Patreon gone after artists for content they have outside Patreon before?
There have been instances we've seen reported, often for the same game/release which had different "additions" elsewhere, IIRC.

DMD was barely getting by during most of Melody's development run, so apparently this is something Patreon hasn't cared much about (or realized).

Deleted member 2030943

Feb 16, 2020
Yah you are right. These type of people think females are toys only males have the right to cheat not female.
Always the double standard...

That's actually my big problem with this game. I hate the fact the MC has to cheat to get the other girls involved in the relationship so, I simply don't and you can probably imagine my game is very vanilla until I get the Margo then Margo + Ryan scenes. So, yeah, I was hoping for more open relationship content. I can only image how exciting my game will be after seeing the changes for CH4. :LOL:

Last edited:
Reactions: yaksh000

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
I wish MrDots would have an official discord with good moderators that are impartial as they should be.
if you go to my discord, we would never ban anyone that enjoy a specific fetish. its ridiculous to do. even if I dont like it I would still allow that person to express his ideas. thats how u do it.
I would like to join that channel and have a good platform to discuss all kinds of ideas, and Im sure we would have a more diverse DMD. right now we have F95 to share ideas, still, its not the best platform, since its not DMD focused and the moderators can not work full time just for this thread. its also very limited, we can not have multiple sub-thread for different topics.
it would resolve a lot of issues we have now.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
By not letting D have an option to participate in extra-relationship affairs makes F even more loathsome as a character. Rachel is rightly seen as a villain for how she treated D but F is even worse. He not only actively begins to date his emotionally immature daughter but then repeatedly cheats on her.
D being in a quasi-open relationship (one in which either can have sex with the other partner's OK) moves her from a victim in in one-sided relationship to a mature knowledgeable active participant.
But now it seems D will remain a subservient sex-toy and cash cow for F. Such a waste of a good story.

bosa43

Oct 20, 2017
It seems like they were thinking of getting rid of MMF since they planned a chapter 4. Which if I'm being 100% honest that'd fine with me, but they should've made the sharing path in chapter 3 actually good. So far the only sexual interactions between D and another guy is in fantasy world or slight groping. OFC course people are going to be pissed especially in the announcement for the end of chapter 3, they say sharing will have "some" content. I gave this game a couple bucks here and there when I had the chance, but once again another dev makes me less willing to do so in there future. The basic saying of "if you’re going to do something, do it right or don’t do it at all" unfortunately applies to too many games.

zehyr

Apr 29, 2018
From HearzAM (writer) on SubscribeStar:
Given the reaction to Sunday's post, we will definitely be reassessing our options and how we map out Ch4, when we begin our planning for it over the next couple of months.
We at least have a lot of time on our hands to properly plan (something we aren't afforded a lot of during the year) between now and when Ch4 is released to get things right.
We'll have more details about this when we post up our preview this weekend.

There were paying customers who reacted to the "DMD Chapter 4 - Future plans & This Week's Preview Pic" post. They are in review. That is what we hoped for. That is all that can be done at this time. We will see what is the response this weekend.

Like i said, i have faith in the team. Hope they will change their plans for the futur. We should have some news tomorow.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
Well to tell the truth I am not surprised. The last 2 updates put the game in the dumpster... The previous one started filling it the last one over filled it with the bullshit crap in the contest and even worse after... Soooo whats left for the Dot's team... Set the damn dumpster on fire and thats what they are doing.... Fastest way to get rid of trash is to burn it...

mizilic

Jan 16, 2019
I agree with this problem. We give a definition of what we mean by NTR, and say we will never have NTR (under that definition) - and then when we do something outside of that definition, people call it NTR.

I’m sure some people will hate the upcoming Ryan/Martin content, and some will love it. I’m looking forward to the feedback. (No, really, I am.)
Jeff, the real problem here is that, from a commercial point of view, you are losing money. Melody is over and SL is by far not at the same level as DMD and Melody. So i suppose your hope in the commercial success of DMD in order to balance those loses has driven you in a direction where you try to satisfy BOTH lovers and haters of the so called "NTR" (just call it sharing please, coz that's what it is).

And i can only hope for you and for all of us that SL will somehow manage to fill the money gape so that you can go on with DMD. But it doesn't look very much like it, coz SL is really quite poor..

However, by now you should have seen that there is NO WAY to make both those groups of pro and anti sharing stay with you for the future in ONE single place!. The basic differences between them are simply too big! I can understand why you try to satisfy both but i am sure there is NO WAY to do that in one game. You must SEPARATE!

Because if you go on trying to please both sides you will also lose sharing fans! Apart from the "anti NTR manga fans" you already lost and will continue to lose if you go on with this "compromise".

They will never understand or agree that consented sharing is NOT NTR. For them everything that's not "exclusive" on the side of the main girl, is NTR. Unless she does it with another girl which is acceptable (if the MC also fucks that girl). But God forbid the main girl touches another man! That's not acceptable for them! That's the way they see it. That's what they love and believe. You can't change that, just as you can not make a certain president accept that he lost.. We live in times when believing beats any kind of logic and feelings beat the mind (if any)..

If you go on trying to compromise and find a "middle way" it will be still too much for some while being again to little for others. It won't work! Even if you make all optional. Coz the "non sharing" faction can not stop thinking what others may see "their girl" doing with other men on other paths which they didn't chose to play and that image alone will make them lose their feelings for "their girl". And again you lose them..

So my advise would be, due to the strong differences, which can not be brought in balance, to do what has to be done whenever the conflict is too big for a compromise between the sides:

DIVIDE! SEPARATE! MAKE A WALL!

Starting with Ch 4 you should either stop the romantic route for good if you can afford that financially (in fact you did have a good ending for that path already in the last update) or, even better, divide DMD in 2 different games. With 2 different names! For 2 different audiences:

- One for the "anti sharing manga fans" in which it's all love and romantic but you avoid any kind of sharing of D with other men (not even swinging with other couples). With other women it seems to be OK for that group and those mini harems moving into polyamory with D + other girls could be developed here with no problem.

and

- ANOTHER ONE with another name, like for instance "Sharing My Daughter" (coz Dating My Daughter would really no longer be appropriate for a VN based on sharing & open relationship) and maybe also a GIVEN and permanent name for "D" to differentiate her even more from whatever those in the non sharing version have chosen her name to be. This other VN would be for the perverts among us, who i would bet, in case you give them all they have hoped to get and waited for (MMF, swinging, sex orgies, gang bangs, sex clubs, all within an open relationship, and all by CONSENT) would then start paying you more money than you can imagine. Coz they are very frustrated now..

And in this 2nd, separate VN, where you deal with a mature audience, you could even bring a few OPTIONAL sub-paths for fans of polyamory ( 4 some "poly" but still open relationship with Graham and Olivia + pregnancy and kids ) cheating (not necessarily from the side of D but maybe Elena), hot wife (Georgiana for instance) , even cucks if you want (not F but maybe Graham.). Just don't mix up these sub -paths! And see also if you can somehow combine this new VN with some parts of SL (via sister Georgiana for instance), coz that may help SL too..

So if you separate DMD in 2 different VNs and each of them is only directed to one of the groups of followers, you will avoid all these conflicts and each side will be happy and will follow you. Make them as if they are 2 different NEW visual novels (even if they are continuations of DMD). And with clearly different names!

This way you could even have the added bonus of 2 NEW GAMES in development, apart from SL. So you could even have a 3 months release rhythm this way..

The paying followers of each of these new VNs will surely total together to more than the paying followers of only one "compromise version" which both groups would in fact hate! And would stop following..

Some would say: "Divide and impera" but i would say: when there's really no way to compromise, MAKE A WALL!
And there clearly is no way to compromise here without losing all in the end..

Dixit et salvavi animam meam :)

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2018
Jeff, the real problem here is that, from a commercial point of view, you are losing money. Melody is over and SL is by far not at the same level as DMD and Melody. So i suppose your hope in the commercial success of DMD in order to balance those loses has driven you in a direction where you try to satisfy BOTH lovers and haters of the so called "NTR" (just call it sharing please, coz that's what it is).

And i can only hope for you and for all of us that SL will somehow manage to fill the money gape so that you can go on with DMD. But it doesn't look very much like it, coz SL is really quite poor..

However, by now you should have seen that there is NO WAY to make both those groups of pro and anti sharing stay with you for the future in ONE single place!. The basic differences between them are simply too big! I can understand why you try to satisfy both but i am sure there is NO WAY to do that in one game. You must SEPARATE!

Because if you go on trying to please both sides you will also lose sharing fans! Apart from the "anti NTR manga fans" you already lost and will continue to lose if you go on with this "compromise".

They will never understand or agree that consented sharing is NOT NTR. For them everything that's not "exclusive" on the side of the main girl, is NTR. Unless she does it with another girl which is acceptable (if the MC also fucks that girl). But God forbid the main girl touches another man! That's not acceptable for them! That's the way they see it. That's what they love and believe. You can't change that, just as you can not make a certain president accept that he lost.. We live in times when believing beats any kind of logic and feelings beat the mind (if any)..

If you go on trying to compromise and find a "middle way" it will be still too much for some while being again to little for others. It won't work! Even if you make all optional. Coz the "non sharing" faction can not stop thinking what others may see "their girl" doing with other men on other paths which they didn't chose to play and that image alone will make them lose their feelings for "their girl". And again you lose them..

So my advise would be, due to the strong differences, which can not be brought in balance, to do what has to be done whenever the conflict is too big for a compromise between the sides:

DIVIDE! SEPARATE! MAKE A WALL!

Starting with Ch 4 you should either stop the romantic route for good if you can afford that financially (in fact you did have a good ending for that path already in the last update) or, even better, divide DMD in 2 different games. With 2 different names! For 2 different audiences:

- One for the "anti sharing manga fans" in which it's all love and romantic but you avoid any kind of sharing of D with other men (not even swinging with other couples). With other women it seems to be OK for that group and those mini harems moving into polyamory with D + other girls could be developed here with no problem.

and

- ANOTHER ONE with another name, like for instance "Sharing My Daughter" (coz Dating My Daughter would really no longer be appropriate for a VN based on sharing & open relationship) and maybe also a GIVEN and permanent name for "D" to differentiate her even more from whatever those in the non sharing version have chosen her name to be. This other VN would be for the perverts among us, who i would bet, in case you give them all they have hoped to get and waited for (MMF, swinging, sex orgies, gang bangs, sex clubs, all within an open relationship, and all by CONSENT) would then start paying you more money than you can imagine. Coz they are very frustrated now..

And in this 2nd, separate VN, where you deal with a mature audience, you could even bring a few OPTIONAL sub-paths for fans of polyamory ( 4 some "poly" but still open relationship with Graham and Olivia + pregnancy and kids ) cheating (not necessarily from the side of D but maybe Elena), hot wife (Georgiana for instance) , even cucks if you want (not F but maybe Graham.). Just don't mix up these sub -paths! And see also if you can somehow combine this new VN with some parts of SL (via sister Georgiana for instance), coz that may help SL too..

So if you separate DMD in 2 different VNs and each of them is only directed to one of the groups of followers, you will avoid all these conflicts and each side will be happy and will follow you. Make them as if they are 2 different NEW visual novels (even if they are continuations of DMD). And with clearly different names!

This way you could even have the added bonus of 2 NEW GAMES in development, apart from SL. So you could even have a 3 months release rhythm this way..

The paying followers of each of these new VNs will surely total together to more than the paying followers of only one "compromise version" which both groups would in fact hate! And would stop following..

Some would say: "Divide and impera" but i would say: when there's really no way to compromise, MAKE A WALL!
And there clearly is no way to compromise here without losing all in the end..

Dixit et salvavi animam meam :)
There is no need of making two seperate games from one..The only thing that they have to do is to implement some MMF or sharing foursomes or whatever scenes here and there lets say every other update with some teasing in between cause first of all seperate a game in two is very much time consuming and second i personally don't want the game to be a nonsense full on orgy..By keeping all the kinks happy and always the choises optional i think everyone will be happy..

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Well to tell the truth I am not surprised. The last 2 updates put the game in the dumpster... The previous one started filling it the last one over filled it with the bullshit crap in the contest and even worse after... Soooo whats left for the Dot's team... Set the damn dumpster on fire and thats what they are doing.... Fastest way to get rid of trash is to burn it...
Thanks for the constructive criticism. Lol.

3.80 star(s) 324 Votes