Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Never really played Sunshine Love.... MC looks like a dweeb in this game. But yes those games don't play at the same time. AFAIK D from DMD is a famous model by the time the story of Sunshine Love happens.
Yep, though it's been a while since the last time I replayed Melody, I think (and I could be wrong due to how long it's been) D was somewhat famous in that VN as well. At least, her name was brought up a few times and image was seen I think once, maybe twice, if I'm not mistaken.

P.S.
I still find it weird when people use SL for Sunshine Love... There is a far better game that deserves that shortcut.
Agreed there! These abbreviations could use some more thought put into it. In my head I'm thinking "Well, you wouldn't want to start using 'SSL' because of Secure-Sockets Layer. That'd be way too weird." :LOL:

Last edited:

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Yep, though it's been a while since the last time I replayed Melody, I think (and I could be wrong due to how long it's been) D was somewhat famous in that VN as well. At least, her name was brought up a few times and image was seen I think once, maybe twice, if I'm not mistaken.
Agreed there! These abbreviations could use some more thought put into it. :LOL:
Should we call it the MCU? MrDots Cinematic Universe? :KEK:

I should replay Melody one day though, cause I don't remember much from it.
SL will always be Sisterly Lust for me. :D

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Should we call it the MCU? MrDots Cinematic Universe? :KEK:

I should replay Melody one day though, cause I don't remember much from it.
SL will always be Sisterly Lust for me. :D
hahahahahaha I just go with the flow, some of the time. But yes, I agree. I remember that VN. What I find funny is that since DMD is no longer on Patreon, why use "F" and "D"? By that same token, why the hell am I still using it? :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
hahahahahaha I just go with the flow, some of the time. But yes, I agree. I remember that VN. What I find funny is that since DMD is no longer on Patreon, why use "F" and "D"? In that same token, why the hell am I still using it? :ROFLMAO:
People use F and D cause it's easy to use. I called my D Becky but she might not be a Becky to others.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
People use F and D cause it's easy to use. I called my D Becky but she might not be a Becky to others.
That's certainly true. I use "Kelly" for mine. I couldn't think of any other name to use. I suck when it comes to coming up with names for the girls. "Hey You" wouldn't work well, I wouldn't think. lol

Reactions: DavDR

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
That's certainly true. I use "Kelly" for mine. I couldn't think of any other name to use. lol
I've never heard any canon name for that poor retarded little girl. PRLG would work but that would require a lot of explanations, so I guess I'll stick with D.

In my game D was Chloe, I always name female characters Chloe in honor of Chloe Lewes from the Chloe 18 games, she is my true waifu.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
That's certainly true. I use "Kelly" for mine. I couldn't think of any other name to use. lol
I was never good at naming characters so I actually don't mind games where I don't have to chose.
If we take e.g. the girls in my sigs I couldn't even imagine them having different names than what the devs chose.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I've never heard any canon name for that poor retarded little girl. PRLG would work but that would require a lot of explanations, so I guess I'll stick with D.

In my game D was Chloe, I always name female characters Chloe in honor of Chloe Lewes from the Chloe 18 games, she is my true waifu.
I don't think there ever was a canon name for her in DMD that I can remember. If there was, I must have overlooked it or changed it because I didn't like the way it sounded/read to me. lol

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I was never good at naming characters so I actually don't mind games where I don't have to chose.
If we take e.g. the girls in my sigs I couldn't even imagine them having different names than what the devs chose.
Yeah, I agree completely with you there. It would get confusing as hell if people were asking for help with a character whose name isn't canon to the game. I've had similar questions asked to me with the two games I do support for that are in my sig.

"Why can't we change the names of the girls?".
Me: Do you want to give us a headache?

Reactions: Uthuriel and DavDR

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
I just see the games all being in parallel universes, where some things happened slightly differently, as well as happening in a different time.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Uthuriel

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
I don't think there ever was a canon name for her in DMD that I can remember.
D looks very much like someone I know (except she has much smaller breasts and is actually, y'know, intelligent), and with whom I had a very brief fling, so I named her after said friend.

Sorry, Liz. You've done some unspeakable things, especially in the fan art thread... :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Sycho

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
That doesn't explain why some of the girls from Melody are also in SL. Same universe, yes, but different time periods. What we saw, at least as far as Trish is concerned in DMD, is she worked as a hairdresser before she worked for the mayor. In SL, it's after the fact as she works mainly for the mayor now in that VN.

In DMD, D is an aspiring model. In SL, she's already well known. So although the universe may be the same, the time frame is far greater.
well in sl and dmd melody is famous singer and her friends (fi+xi) are wealthy and famous or something like that besides being friends of melody so their wedding is big happening. in dmd elections where sl's current mayor will win are coming up and mel's aunt is in dmd famous fashion designer. koko was in melody starting star but in dmd is famous artist (hasn't appeared in sl yet). sl siblings daddy is in dmd "riverboat" captain.

timeframe is that dmd is 0 and melody is -5 and sl is +5. just don't think too much of it.

other devs have shared universe too like danielsk (but in his games timeframe is around same on all).

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
well in sl and dmd melody is famous singer and her friends (fi+xi) are wealthy and famous or something like that besides being friends of melody so their wedding is big happening. in dmd elections where sl's current mayor will win are coming up and mel's aunt is in dmd famous fashion designer. koko was in melody starting star but in dmd is famous artist (hasn't appeared in sl yet). sl siblings daddy is in dmd "riverboat" captain.

timeframe is that dmd is 0 and melody is -5 and sl is +5. just don't think too much of it.

other devs have shared universe too like danielsk (but in his games timeframe is around same on all).
Yeah, you try not to think about it too much, otherwise you'll end up with a headache. lol

3.80 star(s) 324 Votes