Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
I wouldn't call them "weird". I like them, but they do seem unique. Definitely stuck in my memory in this instance anyhow and it was bugging me wondering where I seen it before.
Eh... just open the image I posted before in full screen and stare at it for five minutes without blinking... :KEK:
I never played Sunshine Love, I may have to check it out, just out of curiosity.
It's his weakest title so far... the MC is kinda bad in this one... but sure it's worth a try I guess.

Reactions: Night Hacker

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
There doesn't seem to be any way to access autosaves from the load screen with your mod installed.
Edit: I should have mentioned this is in Chapter 3.
There not available in the unmodded version too, it's the game not my mod as shown in this screenshot from an unmodded version of Chap 3.
dmd.jpg

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
The daughter in this game looked SO FAMILIAR it bugged me a lot. The way she purses her lips and her general appearance all looked SO familiar it had me thinking... "did I play this game before sometime?!" but no, I didn't play this before. Well, i FINALLY figured out where I seen the daughter from this game before... from the game Melody, by the same author (loved that game as well).

They're very similar looking characters with similar facial expressions...
Well since I had played Man of the House before DMD and the younger sister in MotH uses the same model as D, I named D as Ashley since that was the younger sister's name in MotH.

It would be nice if someone created a big ass list with the popular Daz 3D model's and the games they are in on here. For instance right now I am playing "A Family Venture" in my spare time (even created a mod for myself to have you always beat the spy camera mini-game at school no matter what on the first tries) and noticed that the Daz 3D model for the younger sister, Lauren, has been used in several other games and the same for the older sister too but damn if I don't remember the name of the games I've seen them in.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Well since I had played Man of the House before DMD and the younger sister in MotH uses the same model as D, I named D as Ashley since that was the younger sister's name in MotH.

It would be nice if someone created a big ass list with the popular Daz 3D model's and the games they are in on here. For instance right now I am playing "A Family Venture" in my spare time (even created a mod for myself to have you always beat the spy camera mini-game at school no matter what on the first tries) and noticed that the Daz 3D model for the younger sister, Lauren, has been used in several other games and the same for the older sister too but damn if I don't remember the name of the games I've seen them in.
That's because she (Lauren in that game) is default look for Teen Josie for

namhoang909

Apr 22, 2017

D also appears in "My cute room-mate", I wonder if Melody appears somewhere else?

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
D also appears in "My cute room-mate", I wonder if Melody appears somewhere else?
Dee was a very big hit 5+ years back so there were a couple of copies (some better than others) That Island VN I forget the name used Dee (EDIT: I found it here )

It was actually good work by the copiers as Dee is not a standard out of the box model

Melody was also not an out of the box, the best replica of her is Ruby here in DMD but Ruby has the far superior body.

Whereas the ones using Teen Josie were barely changing anything

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021

Yeah, that's bound to happen. Just like movies where you see the same actors/actresses. One of my favorites is Genesis 8 - Aria, who is used in several games I like.

namhoang909

Apr 22, 2017
Dee was a very big hit 5+ years back so there were a couple of copies (some better than others) That Island VN I forget the name used Dee (EDIT: I found it here )

It was actually good work by the copiers as Dee is not a standard out of the box model

Melody was also not an out of the box, the best replica of her is Ruby here in DMD but Ruby has the far superior body.

Whereas the ones using Teen Josie were barely changing anything
thank you, I was trying to remember that game's name, it bothered me when some choice ends up with death of characters

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
That's because she (Lauren in that game) is default look for Teen Josie for
See that's what I am talking about, I know I've seen her in a few others titles that's I haven't played yet but can't remember and don't have the time to go through all my game links to see right now.

Seriously though, we need an iafd of Daz 3D and Honey Select models on this site.

• Haha
Reactions: jaw1986baby and cxx

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
See that's what I am talking about, I know I've seen her in a few others titles that's I haven't played yet but can't remember and don't have the time to go through all my game links to see right now.

Seriously though, we need an iafd of Daz 3D and Honey Select models on this site.
Some devs (MrDots inclussive) want their characters to be unique and morph their main girls using 2 or even 3 assets.
Only lazy devs use original assets instead of creating their own ones - that's the reason why all games characters look more or less the same.
As for the asset of Dee, which MrDots originally invented (he still talks about Dee as "his Baby"), it has been leaked very early and copied by several games. I know about 5-7 games using her asset. Knowing what would happen the past 7 years, and knowing about her geting that popular, he still is kinda sad not having put copyrights on her.
On the other side, he is very glad how appreciated his creation has turned.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
On the other side of that coin if MrDots had put copyrights on D then she may not have become so popular because she would not be feature in so many games and a few very good parodies, but we can't know if D would have been so popular without the other games. You can either know how popular D would be with only DMD or how popular she is with the exposure on other games but not both.
D's Schrödinger's cat of Indie games.

Reactions: Hyperserver
3.80 star(s) 324 Votes