Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
ah that, on some games i leave it near transparent since fully tp text is unreadable.
It doesn't make the text transparent, but the box behind it is gone, and I add a black outline to the text so it stands out without that ugly background.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
It doesn't make the text transparent, but the box behind it is gone, and I add a black outline to the text so it stands out without that ugly background.
i know what xyt meant and as i said on some games text is unreadable if textbox is fully transparent.

Reactions: Night Hacker

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
New updates WOOO

So this the same mod but updated? Just making sure.
Yeah, it has the same files. Not sure what I uploaded in October. You may want to check it out, see what it has, might have newer files added as when I find new things to do with it or new things to fix/improve, I add to it (with an explanation in the readme about all the files).

The developer.rpy is one you will want to open in a text editor (they call can be, and altered) as it has a comment on how to use it to enable a bug testing display which tells you which line number and file a game is currently executing. I use it to find and fix errors on my own. SHIFT+O in game enabled console mode you can copy and paste into it from the developer file the line of code I mentioned. SHIFT+D is a HANDY mode (developer mode) which gives you a listing of variables currently used, like... how many points with someone etc... and you can then jump into console mode and change the values. Like, if there was a variable named amyLove and it has zero points. You could open the console and type in "amyLove = 10" and that would change the value.

Reactions: Xythurr

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Probably the dark background boxes behind the chat text. I programmed my own simple universal mod I could use with most games to adjust various aspects to my liking without modifying the game at all. Things like the background grey box behind text. I got rid of it and instead added a dark outline around the text to make it stand out. I enable developer mode and I like my screenshots to be saved as JPGs which are smaller but also save noticeably faster. I also enable the ability to scroll back (as some game disable that) and make certain certain keys remain enabled etc... etc... etc...

I made it for my own use, but have since added in a readme.txt explaining the files, what they do, how to use it etc... for anyone interested. I'll attach it here.

View attachment 3257172
ANNNNND I updated it AGAIN because DMD is one of those rare cases where the outlines didn't work. So I recoded the outlines.rpy and added in some more code which now enables it to work. At least on a default installation of the game anyhow. I may go over my code and see what else I can improve. This was educational. So the attachment for the above is a newer file.

This is a screenshot showing what it looks like in game... (I always call her "Alexis")...
screenshot0001.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Xythurr

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
ANNNNND I updated it AGAIN because DMD is one of those rare cases where the outlines didn't work. So I recoded the outlines.rpy and added in some more code which now enables it to work. At least on a default installation of the game anyhow. I may go over my code and see what else I can improve. This was educational. So the attachment for the above is a newer file.

This is a screenshot showing what it looks like in game... (I always call her "Alexis")...
View attachment 3257196
Sweet I'm downloading it now! Also about that new loading screen...always good to meet a fellow man of culture who appreciates a sexy bush lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Night Hacker
3.80 star(s) 325 Votes