Cheryl

Aug 4, 2017
Just a fair warning. If the insulting, screaming and yelling does not tone down when I get up in the morning. This thread will get locked and warning will be issued. Act like adults and have civil conversations. If you can't, then please take it somewhere private.
I hope it doesn't get to this. The ignore button worked for me.

Reactions: January2015

Aitan_3

Game Developer
May 26, 2017
@Aitan_3 stated (a few pages back) that the first three dates were on successive weekends. I found no mention in the game regarding any such time lapse between dates 2&3. Another problem is that Elena had to convince Rachel (no mention of Elena's dad) to let her and D stay on vacation a week longer than planned.
Then, in 0.13 Rachel announces that the girls' 14-day visa is set to expire that very day so they must rush home.
The story's timeline has been seriously messed up. But a few well-chosen revisions puts everything back on a plausible schedule.
The larger question/discussion should be : why was basic storytelling allowed to be so messed up ?
There are minor inconsistencies with the timetable, that's for sure. Some inconsitencies I am aware of have not even been mentioned here (e.g. if you start counting the days of the week, then Martin's request to join him at the office to help him cope with the huge workload possibily comes during a weekend, which is strange). That's to say that you guys have not discovered anything the devs didn't know already. Told you that a general revision is needed. It's been a month since the last time I worked on the game so I don't remember all inconsitencies, I used to check on a file with a personal timeline and report them, but at the moment I don't have it with me. Anyway, the 14 days visa was clearly a mistake, I'll send mrdots a "consistency check" (I always do this after a new release) as soon as I'm done with the upcoming conference and I'll tell him. Everything will be smoothened in the end, at least we'll try.

Last edited:

Aitan_3

Game Developer
May 26, 2017
Several of us in the DMD meta discussion thread agreed that this story would be more compelling if D was the MC.
However, so many players seem to want to "become" the MC. Since the majority of players are presumably male, this leads to so many male MCs.
It would have been a treat to have D as the MC...
I consider both of them MCs. F is the point of view, which does not mean he is the only MC. Gatsby is arguably the MC of the great Gatsby even though the narrator is someone else. I would also argue that Gatsby is so fascinating precisely because his story is narrated through someone else's eyes. And I guess it works the same way with D. Part of her appeal derives from the fact that you see her from the outside, as a free agent partially independent from players' choices. My two cents.

Reactions: Jeff Steel

scyllabus

Sep 25, 2017
I'm having trouble with v0.13. In any scene that would normally be animated, I simply see a checkerboard pattern of light and dark gray squares. It sounds like I might not be the only one with this problem. Does anybody know what to do in this case to get things to show up?

grenier

Jun 3, 2017
As someone else said, I am "just" one of the scriptwriters (or rather I was: I am taking a break to concentrate on my phd, I won't contribute much to chapter 2). However, the game will be divided into chapters precisely to avoid such increase in size. Chapter 2 won't need previous episodes to be played.
Ok, fair enough.

My point still stands, though.
I don't know how many images there are so far, but going for 500, at 500ko each (quite high for screen quality High res. in PNG or JPG), that's roughly 250MB.
Let's throw in another 500MB for the various animated scenes (a few seconds loop each, even in HD that doesn't amount to more than a few MBs). Altogether, that's less than a quarter of what the size is now. There clearly room for optimization.

Nov 23, 2016
I do not know what happened I was downloading well by mega the download started and it only lasts 2h and 30m, when there was only one hour, I lost the connection, and now it lasts 19 hours, what happened to me there? i can not download it

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Donor
Compressor
Jul 5, 2017
I do not know what happened I was downloading well by mega the download started and it only lasts 2h and 30m, when there was only one hour, I lost the connection, and now it lasts 19 hours, what happened to me there? i can not download it
Use one of the other mirrors. Not sure what happened

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
for those of you curious, MrDots has provided the 2017 release dates for v0.14-v0.16:

October 20, 2017
November 17, 2017
December 22, 2017

4 weeks between updates for v0.14 and v0.15, and a whopping 6 weeks for v0.16 (given the holidays this probably makes sense).

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Donor
Compressor
Jul 5, 2017
for those of you curious, MrDots has provided the 2017 release dates for v0.14-v0.16:

October 20, 2017
November 17, 2017
December 22, 2017

4 weeks between updates for v0.14 and v0.15, and a whopping 6 weeks for v0.16 (given the holidays this probably makes sense).
Thats a long time. You would think with the paycheck he is getting, that he would have a proper release schedule. I know devs who make way less and release more content than he does.

Patan

May 28, 2017
Thats a long time. You would think with the paycheck he is getting, that he would have a proper release schedule. I know devs who make way less and release more content than he does.
don't say like that man, he works really hard to release "a lot of" new content for us every month he needs some time to relax :test:

Reactions: Elkfood

Stonebridge

Sep 6, 2017
i just finished the game with the new update, i started the game again from the beginning so it's taken me a couple of days. but i love playing this game it's so brilliant. Rachel is a right cow, tricking D and Elena to leave with her. the night before and D squirting all over the bed, was just beautiful. can't wait for next update.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017

October 20, 2017
November 17, 2017
December 22, 2017

Wait isn't that 5 weeks for 0.16?

3.80 star(s) 325 Votes