Herapa

Donor
Sep 10, 2017
I still like and play the game, but I miss some seasoning (English is not my mothertongue, I'm not sure if cou can say that, it's a german saying)/ more unexpectedly things.
Maybe it's because I read too much on F95 with all the predictions for the plot or it is because we can estimate the characters or their actions.

As example, sorry for the comparison in advance:
When I play Dreams of Desire, I don't know how this magic really works. What are the different characters motives and -except a high probability to have some more fun with "my" family and friends (even more hardcore per update, as usual ...) - I have no idea what will happen and why it happens, so I'm excited for the story.
In DmD I also know that with each update I might have new erotic and more hardcore scenes with the characters, but the events I have with "my" daughter seem to be more like random dates and doing something together without bigger meaning. The motives seem to be clear to: All girls want to fuck me/like me, I want daughter and now the mom wants to intervene and get daughter back. In this borders we experience many things, but there isn't much unexcpeted behind these basics we know.

So I wish for an unexpected and logical plot twist, so I can not be sure what will happen.
I get where you are coming from.. but imo, you just overthink things... when I play the game... I don't try to predict what would happen, no prejudices, no thinking outside the game... like I just dive in it and wait for the current to take me places... and it definitely does :D

grev

Modder
Jun 10, 2017
I still like and play the game, but I miss some seasoning (English is not my mothertongue, I'm not sure if cou can say that, it's a german saying)/ more unexpectedly things.
Maybe it's because I read too much on F95 with all the predictions for the plot or it is because we can estimate the characters or their actions.

When I play Dreams of Desire, I don't know how this magic really works. What are the different characters motives and -except a high probability to have some more fun with "my" family and friends (even more hardcore per update, as usual ...) - I have no idea what will happen and why it happens, so I'm excited for the story.
In DmD I also know that with each update I might have new erotic and more hardcore scenes with the characters, but the events I have with "my" daughter seem to be more like random dates and doing something together without bigger meaning. The motives seem to be clear to: All girls want to fuck me/like me, I want daughter and now the mom wants to intervene and get daughter back. In this borders we experience many things, but there isn't much unexcpeted behind these basics we know.

So I wish for an unexpected and logical plot twist, so I can not be sure what will happen.
But this is, like said, "whining at high level" (again, german saying :D)
These are certainly valid points. and i understand how something like DoD can be exciting and unexpected, that tends to happen when you involve supernatural forces. where as in DMD we are dealing with more natural and realistic ( i use this lightly ) events. I am not saying that supernatural forces are a crutch or anything as i quite like DOD i am just saying that DMD is trying to tell a more natural story about romantic events so its only natural that we could predict it better than DOD

Reactions: FroKe88

grev

Modder
Jun 10, 2017
I get where you are coming from.. but imo, you just overthink things... when I play the game... I don't try to predict what would happen, no prejudices, no thinking outside the game... like I just dive in it and wait for the current to take me places... and it definitely does :D
you are a lucky one, between my years in customer service and my history in film making and story telling its very easy for me to predict outcomes especially in movies. but some of us can't even help but doing that. though for me its part of the fun of the game, seeing if i am right ( i like being right) and sometimes getting a big surprise

Reactions: FroKe88

Herapa

Donor
Sep 10, 2017
Well.. predicting the interactions between characters is one thing and that's the point of the game (being "realistic" and all), but the story is not predictive (at least for me... maybe it's my fault).

Herapa

Donor
Sep 10, 2017
you are a lucky one, between my years in customer service and my history in film making and story telling its very easy for me to predict outcomes especially in movies. but some of us can't even help but doing that. though for me its part of the fun of the game, seeing if i am right ( i like being right) and sometimes getting a big surprise
Well, that is O.K., I too make predictions and all (and like to be right), but that definitely doesn't make the game predictable... I think ::|:
At least I got the impression that the game is too predictable for @FroKe88

grev

Modder
Jun 10, 2017
Well.. predicting the interactions between characters is one thing and that's the point of the game (being "realistic" and all), but the story is not predictive (at least for me... maybe it's my fault).
no such thing as fault in these cases. each of us experience content in our own way. as far as it being predictive its hard for anything that aspires to realism not to be. our ability to suspend our preconceived notions is what allows for the varying degrees of enjoyment

grev

Modder
Jun 10, 2017
Well, that is O.K., I too make predictions and all (and like to be right), but that definitely doesn't make the game predictable... I think ::|:
At least I got the impression that the game is too predictable for @FroKe88
something being predictable is subjective to the experiences of the one making the prediction. whats predictable for me may not be for you and vice versa, as you and i have had different experiences in life. predictability isnt neccesarily a bad thing either. having an idea of whats coming can give the viewer a sense of comfort which can go a long way in a game that deals highly in intense physical contact and romance

Reactions: Herapa

Herapa

Donor
Sep 10, 2017
Yeah.. just had the feeling that that predictability ruined the experience of @FroKe88 but yeah, you're right it's different for everyone :)

Herapa

Donor
Sep 10, 2017
Hell yeah, DoD is on another level of excitement... being more "vulgar" than DmD which qualifies a love story, more than HC sex as it is with the prior game :) Just different experience

grev

Modder
Jun 10, 2017
Yeah.. just had the feeling that that predictability ruined the experience of @FroKe88 but yeah, you're right it's different for everyone :)
i am sure that was what @FroKe88 was trying to get across too. i was merely trying to suggest a reason that the game might be that way. and also point out that he was comparing 2 games of completely different genres. it is almost like comparing a rom-com to sci-fi and saying that the rom com isnt exciting enough

Reactions: Herapa

Herapa

Donor
Sep 10, 2017
And back to the thing that was said that Mr.Dots is slowburning the game... it's just a love story and it is natural to be slow... especially when the lovebirds are actual family members... :D Although... how natural is that in fact...

All and all... a lovely story with good graphics... nothing to complain about

Reactions: grev

grev

Modder
Jun 10, 2017
And back to the thing that was said that Mr.Dots is slowburning the game... it's just a love story and it is natural to be slow... especially when the lovebirds are actual family members... :D Although... how natural is that in fact...

All and all... a lovely story with good graphics... nothing to complain about
i second that notion.. far too often the stories progress to fast ( which is natural and expected in some circumstances ie hypno mc and super powers )

Herapa

Donor
Sep 10, 2017
Damn, after so much talk about that game... can't stop thinking about it... gonna have wet dreams again... :D Can't wait for the update and it's going to be late :(

Reactions: mupp778

Malika456

Donor
Sep 18, 2017
To clarify dots original dating my daughter was loli. Its re surfaced and that along with his beastiality tag has caused him to be reported. Patreon does not aprove of incest however they will allow it so long as its a natural progression ( no rape or force involved) i would not panic to much, a fair few devs have had to provide there games to patreon to be verified. Although many did it in the early stages of the game development. Patreons policy has been for the last year in regards to adult content to ban any game dev providing games with rape,loli,beastiality ( including furry) , necrophilia, forced incest or any form of sexual violance.
How old was D in original version?

Aitan_3

Game Developer
May 26, 2017

But this is, like said, "whining at high level" (again, german saying :D)
I don't want to argue about the general point - considering something predicable tends to be subjective and the genre does have its staples - but I find it really curious that you felt that the last episodes of DMD were more predicable than the older ones. I mean, I think that both Rachel's arrival at the end of v0.12 and D's departure at the end of v0.13 qualify as proper plot twists (nobody predicted them on this board I think) and to be honest I can't think of similarly unexpected events happening during previous days. So, finding DMD predictable ON THE WHOLE I can understand, but arguing that DMD is getting MORE predicatble as time passes by surprises me. Maybe it's just a matter of players getting used to characters?

Reactions: muttdoggy

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I have a thought...

Does anyone want to start a saved games request/posting thread in the DMD section? Every time a new version drops, we get a bunch of requests for saves on various paths, and it might be nice if there was a 'library' of saves for the various paths on hand for those wanting them, seeing that the 22nd is right around the corner.

Said person could perhaps track the various save paths in the OP. I'm already maintaining a few threads, hence why I'm thinking that someone else might want to start that thread.

As for saves using my auto/quick save & interface mod, well I'll need to see how the the next update interacts with those, then I'll probably update that mod again as needed if it's not too much work.

Qwasar

Apr 20, 2017
I don't want to argue about the general point - considering something predicable tends to be subjective and the genre does have its staples - but I find it really curious that you felt that the last episodes of DMD were more predicable than the older ones. I mean, I think that both Rachel's arrival at the end of v0.12 and D's departure at the end of v0.13 qualify as proper plot twists (nobody predicted them on this board I think) and to be honest I can't think of similarly unexpected events happening during previous days. So, finding DMD predictable ON THE WHOLE I can understand, but arguing that DMD is getting MORE predicatble as time passes by surprises me. Maybe it's just a matter of players getting used to characters?
what was a twist for me was:
d discusses with mother in a video chat, mother gets angry, d shuts down the conversation. she wants to stay with mc.
Then:
- mother:"we're going, we have a plane to take"
- d:"no, I want to talk with dad first"
- mother:" I already talked with him, he agrees with me"
- "ok, let's go"

:/

Reactions: Dolphin3000
3.80 star(s) 324 Votes