wrx21

Donor
Jun 15, 2017
great news afterall,i went straight into panic mode
just one thing,i hope working on a slower rate will be compensated with additional bit of content

cloudfw

Sep 11, 2017
great news afterall,i went straight into panic mode
just one thing,i hope working on a slower rate will be compensated with additional bit of content
Well, there will probably be a second game, even if it probably will be developing at a slow pace.

Monthly updates are grand, but I would gladly accept bimonthly DMD updates over the game just vanishing entirely.

wrx21

Donor
Jun 15, 2017
well, if they start with a new game, that is slow in progress, they can keep the patrons and release DMD is another location. the patrons gets a mass-pm where to get the latest release and thats it. nothing more need to change.
seems like he won't be using my idea of turning his patreon page into kinder surprise toys review with subliminal messages of dmd progress :extremelyhappy:

Pantisocrat

Jul 3, 2017
Any paypal business member can set recurring payments to happen monthly with a 2.75% cost rather than Patreons 5%+ costs with further costs to patrons. By stepping away from Patreon, he is actually saving his pledgers money every month!!! When you are the big dog why cave in to the little dog who threatens you? Just chew him up or spit him out! [your choice depending on your fetish, spit or swallow...]
A few months ago, Patreon got $60 million in VC funding. Of the top 50 content creators on Patreon, only 9 are (I haven't checked, but presumably some of them aren't even violating these rules). So I think you're confused about who's the big dog and who's the pup. Patreon aren't stupid; they're acting this way because they can, because people like MrDots need Patreon far, far more than Patreon needs them.

Pantisocrat

Jul 3, 2017
well, if they start with a new game, that is slow in progress, they can keep the patrons and release DMD is another location. the patrons gets a mass-pm where to get the latest release and thats it. nothing more need to change.
I'd bet Patreon will be monitoring his DMs. They've already said that distributing forbidden content in this way won't be allowed. It would have to be through something like Telegram.

Reactions: cloudfw

Daniel xVxd

Nov 19, 2017
A few months ago, Patreon got $60 million in VC funding. Of the top 50 content creators on Patreon, only 9 are (I haven't checked, but presumably some of them aren't even violating these rules). So I think you're confused about who's the big dog and who's the pup. Patreon aren't stupid; they're acting this way because they can, because people like MrDots need Patreon far, far more than Patreon needs them.
Well according the list linked Mr.Dots is ~300 patrons bellow the top50. Which is about 7%. So while not a top dog, he's definitely not a pup. I would guess this is why they gave him the option how to keep his account and suggested a way to circumvent their restrictions. A smaller channel they would have deleted right away.

Also I wonder how much thin of a line they walk. I can imagine this coming from outside pressure, or inside fear of exploding into a hug PR bomb, that could kill the company in today's #metoo US.

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
If you guys want to start posting ideas about the new Patreon project, quote me here off of this post, put in a succinct idea ( See my suggested format [only a suggestion] over in the Community Section on Patreon) and I will attempt to copy and paste your suggestions over there).

Jun 20, 2017
The project won’t be canceled but we will work at a slower rate than when we’re on Patreon, mainly because we have to look for another payment alternative and we’ll also have to focus on the new game as well. But don’t worry, DMD will be finished no matter what!
I don't get this. Why does there have to be a game which demands actual effort and therefore slows develomepent of DMD? I thought the "new game" serves just as dummy.

Reactions: Pantisocrat

nosbos

Nov 1, 2017
Wow.... what a rollercoaster. First reading about the Revenge of the Patreon and the unknown future of DmD... a few sites later... A new Hope for everyone and that DmD will finished.
Maybe not sending only your support to him but suggestions of what he can do for his game. There were a few interesting concepts posted in this thread for further evaluation...

To use the new game as a ruse to continue (and financing) of DmD. Maybe use something like Discord (with different "tier" channels for preview, game etc.). Like a patreon light...

But nontheless I'm very happy that the game will have a future :)

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Wow.... what a rollercoaster. First reading about the Revenge of the Patreon and the unknown future of DmD... a few sites later... A new Hope for everyone and that DmD will finished.
Maybe not sending only your support to him but suggestions of what he can do for his game. There were a few interesting concepts posted in this thread for further evaluation...

To use the new game as a ruse to continue (and financing) of DmD. Maybe use something like Discord (with different "tier" channels for preview, game etc.). Like a patreon light...

But nontheless I'm very happy that the game will have a future :)
The new game is going to be an actual new game and not a ruse. They’ve been playing with several ideas over 2017 per their statements. Whatever product posted on Patreon will be a real viable high quality product. Perhaps it will be better than DMD in one way - the full design team was present from the start.

That being said, my worry is do they have the capacity to carry two products in a sufficient manner. Ive given my suggestions on how to makes DMD Chapter 2 rewritten so it lasts 10 episodes or less, followed with a Chapter 3 series of chapters released every 3 months to cover the end of storylines set up in Chapters 1 & 2.

Halfelf

Nov 23, 2017
Seeing this when i got up and on the computer this morning almost made me lose my breakfast. I mean this literally made me sick to my stomach. This game is what got me into the Vn type of games a few months back and i have been a patreon of Mr.Dots since then. I will follow him with what ever he decides to do. and will fund DmD how ever i can where ever he decides to take the game. And with what ever other projects he does cause he and his crew are just excellent creators.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
damn right.the last picture makes me fear for bestiality content though
I hope we still get it.But anyway that won't be anytime soon.Maybe around 0.40.
Sorry for OT here ... but here's what ad41 meant

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And after "40 - The Resort - Peril at sea" came "41 - The Comeback" and "42 - Tournament of Doom" (both ongoing)
Nice to see others like Carey too:)

iAnimeDeath

Feb 3, 2017
Sad to hear about DMD no longer being on Patreon. But I kinda saw it coming and that makes me wonder about other games that did similar things as MrDots. Based on what I saw from his initial post regarding what he was doing it seems this can cause disruption in a few others that followed suit.

I haven't played since 0.12 I think though I might need to pick up 0.14 and start Ch2 to see how it progressed. Just been busy working and such.

Pantisocrat

Jul 3, 2017
Wow, DarkCookie is the Nº 12 with +23.000 $ and 7.600 patrons... And he is doing a incest game too... I wonder if he´s in danger too or if he's such a big shot that Patreon is going to leave him in peace.
He's in a better spot, since the title of his game doesn't make it obvious, and it's only one strand of a bunch of plotlines, IIRC (I only played it once and didn't much care for it). So they might tell him to remove the incest and he probably could do so relatively easily and still have a saleable product.

I doubt that he's like, 'too big to mess with' or anything like that, though. AFAIK Fenoxo Fen has the biggest revenue of adult creators at $31,628 per month. 31,628 x .05 = $1581.40 per month. That's roughly what he's worth to Patreon, which isn't much, honestly.

Reactions: Ti'elby Mercedes
3.80 star(s) 324 Votes