cloudfw

Sep 11, 2017
I'm kinda lost in the post spam. So, because of all this, Mr. Dots isn't going to release 0.17 at all tomorrow (on locations outside of Patreon)? Even though it was just a day away?
Yes.
He is at least a week behind because of all this, and with things he has to do/change won't be able to work on the game yet.
We were told to expect new update mid february.

Reactions: freca

freca

Jun 15, 2017
Yes.
He is at least a week behind because of all this, and with things he has to do/change won't be able to work on the game yet.
Thanks for catching me up to speed (you and everyone else who replied). I really hope things work out for Mr. Dots and he can keep making DMD.

Pantisocrat

Jul 3, 2017
Yes.
I find that a bit annoying. If he knew about this on Mon/Tue, then Mon/Tue was the time to tell people. It doesn't make much difference I suppose, but the day before release is a bit of a rug-pull. It's not like sitting on it gained him anything.

wrx21

Donor
Jun 15, 2017
i suppose after v0.17 we won't get new update until mid to late april,maybe even further than that,which is bit depressing

Catoblepas

Feb 9, 2017
I think with the mid-February release and the long delay until 0.18, it's possible that the story takes a bolder turn than originally planned. All depends on whether the script is flexible. We know she's getting drunk and that's when she goes nuts.

As MrDots mentioned, he's glad DMD is off Patreon, as the story can now be true to itself and not limited by Patreon BS. It would be nice if we start to see a bit of that with 0.17.

Bahamut Zero

Engaged Member
Apr 27, 2017
Let's hope that the things go well and that he can find a new place to post things.

And for the God love sake... to all the sharing fan boys who wanna stupid thing in this awesome game!
No sharing! No NTR! We play as the fathar of this beautiful girl! And i do not wanna see me precius little daughter go with another man! Who the hell all this ppl who wanna sharing thing. I just can not understand why people wanna see their women going with others. What a horrible disease!

wrx21

Donor
Jun 15, 2017
both scenarios are disastrous for the game,at this point i wouldn't mind slower rate of updates if the game development continues the same way before all of this bs
shifting focus on new patreon friendly project and stalling or abandoning development of DmD will result not only in mine cancellation of support,but i bet 90% of others too,i hope mrdots do realize that,he must continue and i'm sure he will

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
I find that a bit annoying. If he knew about this on Mon/Tue, then Mon/Tue was the time to tell people. It doesn't make much difference I suppose, but the day before release is a bit of a rug-pull. It's not like sitting on it gained him anything.
I expect the delay was for three reasons: (1) working hard to get a work around so the good news work around notice would be simultaneous with the bad news notice; (2) a decision whether one last game post in Patreon before Monday would or would not be a bad faith move, and (3) final negotiations with Patreon did not conclude until very recently. These are speculations on my part, but seem very probable.

Pantisocrat

Jul 3, 2017
I expect the delay was for three reasons: (1) working hard to get a work around so the good news work around notice would be simultaneous with the bad news notice; (2) a decision whether one last game post in Patreon before Monday would or would not be a bad faith move, and (3) final negotiations with Patreon did not conclude until very recently. These are speculations on my part, but seem very probable.
Sure, and like I say, it's a bit annoying; it's not like I'm OUTRAGED or something. Would have appreciated an earlier heads-up, is all.

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
lol
Let's hope that the things go well and that he can find a new place to post things.

And for the God love sake... to all the sharing fan boys who wanna stupid thing in this awesome game!
No sharing! No NTR! We play as the fathar of this beautiful girl! And i do not wanna see me precius little daughter go with another man! Who the hell all this ppl who wanna sharing thing. I just can not understand why people wanna see their women going with others. What a horrible disease!
LOL - your passion is outstanding. I do believe, though, there will be a sharing path with Martin at the least. I anticipate it will be in the “hot wife” or “9 1/2 Weeks” vein of sharing (one where MC empowers D - or where MC controls D). The walkthrough already foreshadows this. (I’d prefer the “empowering” method.)

There will also be polyamory - even MC imagines an outcome where Georgina is the Mother Figure and D is the Daughter-Lover.

I predict zero NTR or cuckolding. Zero.

C0dingschmuser

Dec 13, 2017
This Genre really contains the most lazy and unskilled Devs i've ever seen. The amount of excuses, delays and bugs is so damn high. And still they're getting thousands of Dollars every Month. Unbelievable

Reactions: delain

darkmine

Jun 16, 2017
man this is tough.. my great weekend is destroyed I guess. But I'm glad because of the post on his website saying that he will continue with DMD. I've been playing it since the beginning and it would be a disaster if it would not be finished.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
So in other words he's going to make 2 seperate games - DMD and something new. DMD will sooner or later become a bother as it's 2x more development time now and it will be mostly for free. If playerbase will switch to his new game he can finish DMD without worries. My guess is that DMD won't be as long as it was planned for sure. I wouldn't mind some sharing route as it would bring me to DMD at all now. Dunno about people seeing it as a desease while playing a guy who's breaking his own daughter's life while fucking her friends. That's all fantasy and it's all good.
Any specific infos about new game or it's just a future?

Reactions: Londo_Mollari

Londo_Mollari

Donor
Respected User
Sep 7, 2017
Oh, one of the guys who can't tolerate other preferences. Sounds like one of those SJW that causes so much trouble for MrD and open minded fanboys.

There will be a D only route in any imaginable scenario. So why forbid things you don't like so others also don't can get them?

btw, I'm guilty in this case. I like sharing my sweetheart (as I like this in rl, too). Too bad you see this as a horrible desease ... from my point of view the haters of freedom and tolerance are a desease. The old game about having a point of view, I think.

And now, back to church news.

Blob

May 7, 2017

You know I'd be very quiet about calling other people's fetishes "a horrible disease" when yours is actually the one that is getting banned by all major sites.

Siddington

Sep 11, 2017
While I'm ok with the "optional" sharing route being in the game, if this game had it's content shortened due to Patreon being dicks and MrDots splitting his time between another project, I would be perfectly fine with the sharing route being the first thing to be scrapped. This game doesn't need it to finish telling it's story. There may be a lot of other content that also gets shelved including what I was looking forward to the most, seeing D with a nice baby bump.

Reactions: Darkaura
3.80 star(s) 325 Votes