Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
What are "ronin patrons"? Oh! Now I remember...
Not a good look. As someone with a Masters in history, I"m well aware that these samurai were despised outcasts. Better search for a diff name.
We are despised by the Patreon elite. ‘It’s a badge of honor, the Ronin term.

I see it as we were warriors in the DMD House, but that House has been uprooted by powers that be, leaving House and Warriors to wander as Ronin.

Kryptozoid

Sep 3, 2016
Why doesn't MrDots do a bullshit game for Patreon, something taking him 1 day of work/month and continuing working on DmD and releasing it on his site or by mail or whatevs. People won't complain about shit game being shit, because they'll know they are in fact paying for Dmd. Don't understand what's the issue here...

Mescalino

Aug 20, 2017
Why doesn't MrDots do a bullshit game for Patreon, something taking him 1 day of work/month and continuing working on DmD and releasing it on his site or by mail or whatevs. People won't complain about shit game being shit, because they'll know they are in fact paying for Dmd. Don't understand what's the issue here...
He did mentioning something about a new/second project so what you say may actualy be in the pipeline...

Tarona

Sep 7, 2017
Damn, I can't believe it happened. I expected patreon to do something like this since they force Luxee to change Parental Love

I'm incredibly disappointed.

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
He did mentioning something about a new/second project so what you say may actualy be in the pipeline...
Don’t know. My understanding is MDots, Hearz, and Gaetano have discussed possibilities and mentioned they were knocking ideas around. That was a post from Hearz, I believe, some half year ago.

Magixian

Feb 2, 2017
I think this is exactly what's happening. Remember he's under supervision currently by patreon (submitting new project to patreon, can't mention DMD and so on), and can't write freely. Think this is his way of saying so.

Darkaura

Jun 24, 2017
I have 4 degrees
Degrees are not worth what they once were, when access to all the worlds ideas and information can be held in one's hand. Sure expanding one's knowledge is always good but as an accreditation of status, they now are shit.

Reactions: jackkane

Anon-e-Mouse

Oct 3, 2017
We're not talking about comics or games anymore.
In the game of my avatar, Vikings Daughter, people went on and on about historical accuracy. It's irrelevant. Just a backdrop.
But the example cited was a RL dev studio compared to a RL historical period.
btw, I have 4 degrees (2 Masters). Not enough of a brown-noser for the PHD. (Or did you mean informal education?).
Dude... No. One. Cares.
This is a forum where we pirate adult games. Your CV is of no import to anyone (other than your ego) and, near as I can tell, all you do is dampen the mood by taking a joke way too seriously and kill the conversation by correcting people who are less well educated about the minutiae of history. Take that attitude somewhere more appropriate... Maybe the library? I wouldn't know. I've only ever driven past one in my $375,000 Ferrari that I paid for in cash with my lottery winnings that I totally didn't deserve or earn. Have a pleasant evening!

JoeSmoeDoe

Sep 23, 2017
Why is he releasing .17 in mid February? If he has the email list and is going to email it out anyway why the delay? It's scheduled for release tomorrow. Why wait to make this announcement the night before? He constantly pushes back deadlines. I'd be interested in how aggressive patreon is actually being since it just feels like a convenient excuse he's used this past year to delay the inevitable climax of F&D.
Which I assume his fear is that once they actually copulate his more passionate subscribers will then move on. I personally enjoy the pace of the story but I do not enjoy his repeated missed deadlines or his failure to address them until the weekend of the release. And now he's starting another project to be funded and the new excuse will be "I had to work on the project that allows me to be on patreon, so this weeks update will be pushed back."

Reactions: dav121 and Nalex

Anon-e-Mouse

Oct 3, 2017
Why is he releasing .17 in mid February? If he has the email list and is going to email it out anyway why the delay? It's scheduled for release tomorrow. Why wait to make this announcement the night before? He constantly pushes back deadlines. I'd be interested in how aggressive patreon is actually being since it just feels like a convenient excuse he's used this past year to delay the inevitable climax of F&D.
Which I assume his fear is that once they actually copulate his more passionate subscribers will then move on. I personally enjoy the pace of the story but I do not enjoy his repeated missed deadlines or his failure to address them until the weekend of the release. And now he's starting another project to be funded and the new excuse will be "I had to work on the project that allows me to be on patreon, so this weeks update will be pushed back."
You're trolling, right? You can't really be serious. Have you read the patreon post announcing this or the post on his personal website announcing the future plans for the game, or are you really just trying to throw gasoline on the fire here? I'm not going to do the work for you and explain what those posts say. You'll have to READ THE THREAD to get the information that basically justifies the delay. Then you can get back to whining and complaining about not getting something YOU AREN'T EVEN PAYING FOR RIGHT FUCKING NOW. Jesus! Talk about entitled. He gets nailed by the PC Police and is the 1st dev targeted when patreon throws a hissy fit a few months ago and changes their TOS, then gets back on schedule after retooling the game to meet their new standards, and now they threaten to remove his page and ban him from the site permanently, and you think he's a habitual liar and trying to delay the release for shits and giggles? Get the fuck out. You can't seriously be that much of a tool. "Why can't I have my free game right now? It must be because the dev is a jerk and is too lazy to do his job that I'm not paying for!"

3.80 star(s) 325 Votes