RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Speaking of fantasy formats I wonder what would West World have looked like if it was owned by Patreon and only took paypal?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
So, better no moving to the states for D+F XD
There is one state that allows incest between adults.
"Consensual incest between people 18 years old or more is not a criminal offense."

johnatansins

Mar 15, 2018
Hi guys!
I haven't played the game since update 0.13 and there a lot of things happened with DMD so i am a bit out of touch with the progress. I assume that many folks asked similar questions that i am going to ask but there many pages went on so I'll be very happy if someone just shortly explain the following thing to me:
I am willing to play the game all over again from the beginning and i want to ask witch update i should download. What is the difference between "Chapter One" and "Chapter Two"? Basically what is the last finished update that i can start and go till the last point with no bugs and no extra worries? Thank you in advance. :)

Reactions: Tony Evans

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Hi guys!
I haven't played the game since update 0.13 and there a lot of things happened with DMD so i am a bit out of touch with the progress. I assume that many folks asked similar questions that i am going to ask but there many pages went on so I'll be very happy if someone just shortly explain the following thing to me:
I am willing to play the game all over again from the beginning and i want to ask witch update i should download. What is the difference between "Chapter One" and "Chapter Two"? Basically what is the last finished update that i can start and go till the last point with no bugs and no extra worries? Thank you in advance. :)
Only version 14.5 will allow your stats to go into chapter 2.
But if you want to you can input new stats for chapter 2 to what ever you like just choose start new game and in the lower left corner it says something about chapter 1 and click on that button and it will not find it so you will be given the option to awnser some question and input stats and you are able to input what ever amount of stats you want to.

Reactions: Tony Evans

Kane Salvatore

Salvatore Studios
Donor
Jan 2, 2018
download both Chapter One 14.5 and Chapter Two .17 .. they are standalone games, but Ch.2 requires Ch.1 for story, all bugs were fixed atm

johnatansins

Mar 15, 2018
So you guys mean i download both of the "chapters" i play ch. 1 to the end and carry on to ch. 2 to keep it in a chronological order? Chapter 2 does not make me start from Day 1 right?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Chapter 1 is a standalone game.
Chapter 2 is not. It is most likely a direct continuation of Chapter 1. Or, a player must manually input info regarding game play from Chapter 1. Chapter 2 never "stands alone".
There are increasing reports of bugs or broken links regarding OP downloads. Especially Chapter 1--both game and CG. Plus there are widespread problems with certain file hosts. What functioned "at the time" may not work so well now. Non-functional links should be removed/replaced...
Both chapters 1 and 2 are both stand alone games and both can be played without ever playing the other.
So you guys mean i download both of the "chapters" i play ch. 1 to the end and carry on to ch. 2 to keep it in a chronological order? Chapter 2 does not make me start from Day 1 right?
You must download v 14. 5 because it is the only one that was fixed to bring over your in game stats to chapter 2 v.17
Chapter 2 starts at day 15, chapter 1 ends at day 14.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Chapter 2 is NOT standalone. Lazy thinking. Chapter 1 makes no mention of Chapter 2. For Chapter 2 to be standalone, it would have to be playable without even mentioning Chapter 1. There is no way to do that...
I realize what worked in the recent past. But things, especially regarding file hosts, can change. When 14.5 reached OP--February 11--everything was fine. No complaints. But in the last ~10 days, lots of complaints. Really good idea to check everything to make sure it still works.
I am saying you don't have to play chapter 1 to play chapter 2 and that means chapter 2 is a stand alone game that can be played without ever playing chapter 1.

Stand alone = can be done alone.

Chapter 1 mention that MC got a divorce so in your words chapter 1 is not stand alone.

Londo_Mollari

Donor
Respected User
Sep 7, 2017
If someone informs you that they can't be bothered to make the huge 14.5 dl. So he wishes to start in with Chapter 2. Would you not explain that certain workarounds are necessary to do so ? If you consider these workarounds as minor technicalities (without even mentioning story continuation), think of all the confusion there has been since DMD was split into Chapters.
Surely regular posters KNOW all this. But casuals do not. If you really want to get technical, DMD is but one game. Just because the huge dl size necessitated separate Chapters, for a player there is only one game.
Yeah, in the described scenario there'll never be too much information for casuals ... we see it when page after page newbies asking the same questions refuse to read at least op and maybe a few of the last pages.

But all I answered was your statement. There's absolutely no doubt that ch2 is completely technical independent from ch1.
I played a game here some month ago (don't remember it's name). I didn't know that it was the 2nd part. Ok, it was weird because there seem some information missing - still, I was able to play the game.

And it could be possible, for an uninitiated player, that there's no ch1. Maybe George style-over-substance-Lucas will release a prequel later - Chapter One, A Dark Eyeshadow Awakens!

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Nope. Not dead. Discussions on the next release of DMD are under way. Not authorized to give any definitive statement but definitely is going to happen. I’m hoping sometime equal to the gestation period of a dog. (Now how many are going to look up the gestation period of a dog, lol).
Good it is not dead this game needs to be finished and finished well it would be a shame if it is not finished one of the greatest games ever.

Reactions: Michael Jonsson
3.80 star(s) 324 Votes