thanatos69

Oct 28, 2016
Probably be several months before a DMD update. He'll be focusing 90% of his attention to the new patron friendly game. We'll only see sporadic updates to DMD.
And we won't probably see another BB update for a while either. Especially since no good Patreon alternative has arrived yet.

Oct 2, 2017
Looks like... except she's about to grab that whole stein rather than the handle warming her beer up considerably. Don't do it M!

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
You are right players have to take it on good faith that a dev is really doing what the dev claims, and is working to put out a quality game that is more for the players entertainment than the dev's bank account. There are devs I would say that do put players first and want to tell a well thought-out story, I can think of 2 off hand.
It seems a dev can only use a game as a cash cow for so long before players start to get frustrated and leave.
Like many DMD fans I am willing to give Mr.Dots the benefit of the doubt that he is trying to out out a good story (DMD).
Regarding “Melody” - The work on the on the pre-script plot layout and characters imo is better than DMD. So on that end it is a quality game. The script suggestions I made as well as others, and script portions I’ve been given to review are on par with the second half of the first chapter of DMD. I won’t see the actual game and therefore any of the non-leaked renders until you all do, but I would doubt they are not on par with later term DMD quality.

Given the inputs and suggestions we’ve made in the scripting, I am hoping you will see some scenes that are much more cinematic in style than in most of DMD. If so, we can hopefully talk about them on or after 3/23 and see if they work or don’t work.

I have a new opinion that DMD and Melody are more of an an auteur product, which also would explain why I feel MDot’s control and his not farming out render work is so important.

The auteur theory, which was derived largely from Astruc's elucidation of the concept of caméra-stylo (“camera-pen”), holds that the director, who oversees all audio and visual elements of the motion picture, is more to be considered the “author” of the movie than is the writer of the screenplay.

drowsy

Nov 23, 2017
About 6 months ago there was a protracted discussion here about whether or not D should have been the MC in DMD instead of daddy. It makes a lot of sense--but only on the D-only path.
Lately VNs have been having an older male MC in more and more games. The problem with this setup is there is usually a shortage of MILFS in the harem. The best setup for a harem is with a younger male MC such as BB and Dreams of Desire. Despite the MC being a p.o.s., those games are immensely popular with stunning MILF characters.
This seems like all new games have to be submitted in advance to a vetting committee. The seemingly most popular type of MC--younger male--is being replaced by : older males ; younger females ; older females. This all seems counter-intuitive. D is so popular that her model has been copied DOZENS of times. So all of a sudden EVERY dev has decided that a tried-and-true formula--the younger male MC acquiring a harem, including MILFS--is not a good idea?
Speak for yourself, I think the "older female" fetish is pretty weird to be honest. It goes over better politically over in the States (and a few other countries as well), so it has probably spread that way, but I have no idea what people find attractive about wanting to have sex with wrinkly women who have had live babies pass through their birth canal (MILFs). To use your terminology, it seems counter-intuitive that people liked that in the first place, so it's only intuitive that devs are moving away from it.

Also, playing as an inexperienced teen kid sucks ass. It is far worse to play a character that is more naive and less powerful than yourself, than it is to play a character that is (perhaps) older, less naive, and equally or more powerful than yourself. I just don't see the appeal of playing a kid hooking up with older women who are more experienced, when you're playing a power fantasy where that is simply limiting the number of smart, informed, effective choices the character can make. There has to be some appeal to some people, since BB and Dreams of Desire etc are so popular, but I've always guessed the players actually were the age of the MC (<18) who identified with the awkward naivety and were at least latently submissive. Players want a character that makes the kinds of choices they would make (in their fantasy, of course), so if they're inexperienced and immature, they want that reflected in their character.

thanatos69

Oct 28, 2016
Just look at the variety of females in Dreams of Desire. The MC is a young p.o.s. The story line is absurd. Continuity in character traits is chaotic. But somehow, it is a VERY popular game.
Boobs bigger than a watermelon is a huge selling point ;)

3.80 star(s) 324 Votes