Inverse

Mar 1, 2018
That's a shame, I didn't know Patreon puts a complete hault from him pushing forward in any other shape. Curse you patreon!

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
But an unofficial DMD dev-teamer--@Jeff Steel--who also happens to be a RL defense attorney, said even the "Lewd Patcher" idea was unacceptable to TPTB (if any game seems to have thus far escaped, it is because it has yet to be reviewed)
The developer can't be held responsible for what third parties do. That would be like banning sales of "The Sims" because of the sex mod.

Dasati

May 30, 2017
My understanding was that patrons were not charged per usual February 1. Then normal charges would restart March 1. So yes, the month was "free" rather than the update.
I had a fascinating chat with @Sam in this thread shortly after MrDots released the "GFYP" incest patch. Sam noted that it was a clumsy idea.
But an unofficial DMD dev-teamer--@Jeff Steel--who also happens to be a RL defense attorney, said even the "Lewd Patcher" idea was unacceptable to TPTB (if any game seems to have thus far escaped, it is because it has yet to be reviewed). It's not that MrDots did expect to go undetected. I think he thought he could go unpunished. Massive miscalculation, that...
Misread your comment, I thought you said the update (0.17) which came out in February was free, sorry for that. I would still question about whether or not giving patrons a "free" February is something to be praised though. February only had one poll about new game for $20 patrons and a few preview pictures.

Reactions: virtuvoid

thanatos69

Oct 28, 2016
The developer can't be held responsible for what third parties do. That would be like banning sales of "The Sims" because of the sex mod.
Patreon doesn't work like that. Patreon bans people based on reports and proof (you can send them anything, like videos or screenshots, etc.) In case of The sims, the sex mod is not included in the game's code. The incest content on all of these games is inside the game itself. If we take a "clean" game and extract it, we'll get all the incest content. So all it takes is a report from someone with a screenshot of said code, or an email to a mole from the dev pointing out to a "certain website" to get yourself banned. We'll see how long the excuse of "I can't be held responsible" lasts.

Reactions: virtuvoid

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
Patreon doesn't work like that. Patreon bans people based on reports and proof (you can send them anything, like videos or screenshots, etc.) In case of The sims, the sex mod is not included in the game's code. The incest content on all of these games is inside the game itself. If we take a "clean" game and extract it, we'll get all the incest content. So all it takes is a report from someone with a screenshot of said code, or an email to a mole from the dev pointing out to a "certain website" to get yourself banned. We'll see how long the excuse of "I can't be held responsible" lasts.
That really depends on the game, some of them include the content in the base game, others don't; for example MotH, DoD and PL patches are all completely separate.

Reactions: Kane Salvatore

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
I made sure to have 3gb free before installing. However, I keep getting the message "App did not install" everytime I try to install the apk file.. I must've tried this 20x but no luck.
i still believe you have a space problem
and during installation you need more space than just the apk size
well, both parts are actually over 3gb, try installing part2 without part1 installed
just keep your save directory of part1 and create one for part2 as described in
afiak others did installing and actually playing part2 w/o problems

xtrartmad

Mar 13, 2018
As i try to open the game it says: "could not execute ...\\lib\\windows-i686\\lib\windows\DMD.CH1.exe. is it missing?"
i just played for like 1hr and closed it, didnt even touched the files..

Les_Riggs

Oct 19, 2017
Misread your comment, I thought you said the update (0.17) which came out in February was free, sorry for that. I would still question about whether or not giving patrons a "free" February is something to be praised though. February only had one poll about new game for $20 patrons and a few preview pictures.
Am I reading this correctly?

So taking a huge paycut (as much as $20,000, if what I've read is to believed), isn't worthy of any praise??
How many other devs would do this? None of them I'd bet.

Devs deserve to be paid for their work (amounts decided by no one else but those that pledge), and they don't deserve anything if they don't provide a service.
So by rights, he could've posted nothing for the entire month of February if he wanted to.
Yet, he still did. And he still put v17 out as promised, albeit a couple of weeks late.

He suspended payments because he knew that there would be no immediate continuation of DMD on Patreon,
that v17 was going to be pushed back by a couple of weeks after it's original release date (Jan 25th), again because of Patreon's timely intervention the week of it's release, and that new game Melody wouldn't be released for a further six weeks (March 23rd).

Doing something like this just shows that MrDots cared more about the future of the game than the money.
It would have been so easy to just let the fans still pay the money and give them nothing in return.
And he still did this at a cost, losing 25% of his total fans, despite the gesture.

He should get massive praise for that but I'm not surprised in the slightest that he hasn't...

SirTwist

Nov 5, 2017
Is there way to enable the console, and use that to edit the stats of Chapter 1, to better fit things for Chapter 2?

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
Is there way to enable the console, and use that to edit the stats of Chapter 1, to better fit things for Chapter 2?
if you "restart" Chapter 2 (from Load from Ch.1) you can set stats/relationships/key items the way you want without console editing.

NerdsLoveIncest

Mar 11, 2018
I am using the Walkthrough to get some of the extras, because I am whore like that haham I met the requirements for one and did not receive it anyone else have this issue? By far this has become a fav of mine!

HHUUKK

Feb 9, 2018
Hello everyboby!!

I was looking for some post about the new game of MrDots Games, Melody!! but I found none . Someone could share any preview?? thanks..

Magixian

Feb 2, 2017
All this talk about patronage and income got me interested. Thought I might share what I found.

Mr.dots was doing around $12k before tax+patreons cut. That number almost tripled before 'the purge'. You'll ofc adjust your living expensed based off your income, but with such an increase over the months leading up to it, I'd think he'll manage 1 month without a payout avoiding major repercussions. And yes, things would be an uproar is he didn't release the planned v.17 update. Don't see him doing that as a gesture, but more as an necessity.

Reactions: volto and darkmine
3.80 star(s) 324 Votes