Darth Helmet

May The Schwartz Be With You
Donor
Respected User
Apr 7, 2017
This game did not die. But it has been paused. It may feel like a long time between updates but it's only been 27 days since the last one. There were several regularly scheduled updates that happened 5 weeks later (the most was 37 days). What HAS been a long time now is any progress report from the dev--MrDots--regarding exactly, or even approximately, when the next update will take place...
I believe you may have to check his site, because he's not allowed to post anything to do with DMD on his patreon.

Irischan

Feb 16, 2018
no its not die he work on it on his other page but very slow from time to time i say it yesterday

he start on patreon his new project melody and work with his team on and will try to finish dmd after capital 1 is out on the 23 march

Bob Belcher

Mar 7, 2018
so part1 works for you?
part2 is not different, only another install. location
are you sure to have enough space on your device for both parts?
I made sure to have 3gb free before installing. However, I keep getting the message "App did not install" everytime I try to install the apk file.. I must've tried this 20x but no luck.

Darth Helmet

Donor
Respected User
Apr 7, 2017
His BMC site accepts "tips" but does not dispense info. The DMD site is "lights on, nobody home" with no info. Patrons who have sent him a PM requesting info have been told "be patient" which is weird IF MrDots knew himself. Everything seems to be in flux...
I can always ask him on Discord I suppose. I'll do just that.

Darth Helmet

Donor
Respected User
Apr 7, 2017
His BMC site accepts "tips" but does not dispense info. The DMD site is "lights on, nobody home" with no info. Patrons who have sent him a PM requesting info have been told "be patient" which is weird IF MrDots knew himself. Everything seems to be in flux...
that would be great, mate!
Apparently he's also backed up on Discord as he doesn't have his own. He's usually using Lewdlabs's(Dreams of Desire) Discord. I sent him a message and hope he replies.

Darth Helmet

Donor
Respected User
Apr 7, 2017
I'd heard a month ago MrDots was sharing the Discord of LewdLab. I was hoping he'd gotten his own. Oh, well..
The scuttlebut is that MrDots is ever-so-busy with Melody (I believe this since if patrons don't like what they see from Melody, there could be an early exodus) and this takes priority over DMD. Left unsaid, and unknowable for DMD fans, is under what circumstances DMD can ever be a priority again. So far, DMD has been blatantly used to prop up the popularity of Melody. Perhaps, it may even take two updates of Melody before a somewhat clearer idea of DMD's situation emerges...
The blueballing starts over again. The cycle just keeps on going. I'm not even gonna check out his new game until after a year has passed. I'm just extremely annoyed now. I agree with you. There's gonna be a mass exodus of his patrons and I see its already started. I believe people will hold off until he releases Melody and if they don't like it much they'll just leave. There's a few games out there still going strong by using CERTAIN means in restoring certain things.

Darth Helmet

Donor
Respected User
Apr 7, 2017
A fascinating thing has happened with the # of patrons. Since a "stampede" that saw a culling of 700, there has occurred a positive INCOMING of 200. But note that patron $-levels are unreported. Someone could "create" ~400 new $1 patrons for a potential cost to the "creator" of ~$60. This ruse could have been--looks very much like it's worked!--enough to convince doubtful patrons to stay on a little longer. MrDots "pushes the envelope" in many areas--hell, I'd probably do the same in his shoes.
The "CERTAIN means in restoring certain things" is no longer valid. It was a nice idea but failed when the enemy produced the dreaded BANHAMMER. But the general idea--these games are only very popular due to the extreme fetishes--remains. New devs are producing better-than-ever renders, writing, backgrounds. Without extreme fetishes, it all seems dull to me. If enough people agree that it's the fetishes--not the devs who are basically caterers--that matter, SOMETHING positive may come out of this mess.
The banhammer came down when MrDots POSTED how to restore the incest on his patreon.. It's either blatant stupidiy or he did it on purpose in order to get banned so he wouldn't have to return all the money he received for that month.

Reactions: Ed B and volto

Londo_Mollari

Donor
Respected User
Sep 7, 2017
But the general idea--these games are only very popular due to the extreme fetishes--remains. New devs are producing better-than-ever renders, writing, backgrounds. Without extreme fetishes, it all seems dull to me. If enough people agree that it's the fetishes--not the devs who are basically caterers--that matter, SOMETHING positive may come out of this mess.
I mostly agree with this ... but since I didn't see you in the other thread, maybe you just didn't play yet.
Yes, in the long run there'll probably be incest stuff. But for now it offers extraordinary good graphics, very good writing and a very slow, mostly-realistic story-telling (with even less sex than DmD xD). I would still support it even if there were no incest content for another year.
But still, it's an exception ... very-most of this games won't work without the extreme fetishes.

Londo_Mollari

Donor
Respected User
Sep 7, 2017
The banhammer came down when MrDots POSTED how to restore the incest on his patreon.. It's either blatant stupidiy or he did it on purpose in order to get banned so he wouldn't have to return all the money he received for that month.
Very unlikely. Probably he just didn't expect they would review his posts manually. Maybe they didn't but someone was giving a hint.

MICHAEL ADAMS

Mar 11, 2018
Welcome to our thread!
It sounds like you've reached the end of Chapter 1 (14 updates). There is also a Chapter 2 (3 updates) which you can dl from page 1.
Good luck!
They're anything else now for this? On chapter 2 they decide to leave an that's it anything else?

thanatos69

Oct 28, 2016

This guy offers a game with no incest at all and has almost 2k patrons (if he improved his renders, I'm sure he'd have a lot more). It even has it posted on Steam, so we don't know how many sells they get there. There's a big market out there for non-fetish adult games, and if you'd ask me, I'd rather have 2k patrons and sleep well at night than 4k and not knowing if I'll be the next to receive the hammer.

Reactions: JasonJemodah

volto

Aug 22, 2017
Apparently he's also backed up on Discord as he doesn't have his own. He's usually using Lewdlabs's(Dreams of Desire) Discord. I sent him a message and hope he replies.
I've been on Lewdlab's Discord server for months and I've never once seen Mr Dots on there.

Darth Helmet

Donor
Respected User
Apr 7, 2017
I've been on Lewdlab's Discord server for months and I've never once seen Mr Dots on there.
He said he's there. That what he has said on multiple forums. Oh well guess im one message in the hundreds he's gotten. Wish he was active on here. Can't really ask him about DMD on Patreon.

Darth Helmet

Donor
Respected User
Apr 7, 2017
I actually dl'ed the CGs to that game ~2 weeks ago. It has the best backgrounds I've yet seen. But as you note, there may not be incest content for a year. If ever. Many players are saying they'll withhold their patronage and see.
NONE of these newer games look like they have any "big game" potential. My thesis is they would/should if players could better trust that devs will be able (I'm sure they are willing) to even deliver extreme fetishes.
You have to wait for awhile for good content. I'd wait for atleast a year before giving it a go. Every good thing takes time.

Inverse

Mar 1, 2018
I just finished my first playthrough of Ch. 1 getting ready to start Ch.2. Great story so far.

I do notice there's no extra scenes to unlock. Also is there currently no consequences for having the brief Relationship with with Jennifer?

And one last question. Is the game still under development? I've checed the patreon, but I realized he had to pull it from there. I really do hope this game makes it to completion.

volto

Aug 22, 2017
I just finished my first playthrough of Ch. 1 getting ready to start Ch.2. Great story so far.

I do notice there's no extra scenes to unlock. Also is there currently no consequences for having the brief Relationship with with Jennifer?

And one last question. Is the game still under development? I've checed the patreon, but I realized he had to pull it from there. I really do hope this game makes it to completion.
It's on pause right now. Patreon smacked Mr Dots in the head with their rulebook due to incest in DMD. He wants to keep pulling in money (understandably) and is focusing on Melody right now. There won't be any active development on DMD for awhile.

Dasati

May 30, 2017
MrDots is no way, shape or form "stupid". If you say "STUBBORN", OK. But until BB and DMD were actually banned, virtually all devs and players thought the very idea of banning such "big games" was absurd. This seems like a miscalculation more than anything.
People keep bringing up money. But inconsistently. Any new business needs all the $ it can get because of severe survival issues. For anyone to dare hope of devving full-time, more $ buys office space, equipment, and more hired help. Unless a dev is actually short-changing patrons--they may be aware of it but forgive him, anyway--I see nothing wrong in this. Note also that MrDots gave a free February to patrons to make up for the no-update January. He is more a victim in this saga, than a victimizer.
I was a patron for Dot's we didn't get any free update. The 2nd ban came like a week ish before the release date so it was mostly done anyway. Patrons were charged 1st of the month so we paid for that update, it wasn't free. I think you mean the "extras" which were normally reserved for the higher tier patrons. Those were given for free to all patrons, not the update itself.

Edit: I also question the part about him being a victim, in updates between the 1st and 2nd ban he included in the release posts a note saying "theres a bug just delete this file". It doesn't take a genius to understand that was how to restore the incest. Dots was flouting patreons rules, dressing it up with a flimsy pretext and expecting patreon not to notice.

Reactions: Ed B
3.80 star(s) 324 Votes