thanatos69

Oct 28, 2016
That's an interesting idea and question. I'm sure it could be done carefully and in a way that wouldn't provoke a Patreon ban, but the risk would be there, and since the purpose is to separate the two projects so as to remain on Patreon, he won't do it. Mixing the characters might be a bit... incestuous, if you will.
Exactly. Since DMD and Melody are both MrDots' children, a crossover could be considered incest by Patreon guidelines (?)

Reactions: RustyV

Les_Riggs

Oct 19, 2017
oh, and MrD doesn't seems to eager to go into much detail in Melody ... so maybe he really uses it as a semi-fake project for Patreon and focuses on DMD ^^
Well for a semi-fake project, he sure seems like he’s taking it really seriously, given the amount of content and quality there is in this first release ;)

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
hey just a question, but when D is giving her F a handjob in the office what was the point of making an issue about blowing his load in a coffee mug?
Was Georgia supposed to use it for coffee or something later?

bolenart

Jun 17, 2017
Having played Melody, holy crap those graphics were good. The close ups of Melody's face, the reflections in the eyes of the characters and in other bright surfaces, the breasts of Rebecca seemed much more realistic, even the male genitalia looked much better I remember thinking.

I don't know if anyone from mrdots team is reading this but if you could adopt the same level of graphics in DMD it would be AMAZING. I don't know the technical aspects of creating the images but if you can do that without changing the look of the daughter I'd be so happy.

daydream06

Nov 30, 2017
Hi want to play this game but there are 2 chapters. Are they just completely different stories and i should play chapter 1 and than 2. Or chapter 2 is like a new version of chapter 1 and there is no reason to play the first one?

bolenart

Jun 17, 2017
DAZ and other 3d retailers have really upped their quality in the 18 months since DMD launched. DMD graphics seem dated in several areas (especially in my pet peeves : no pubic hair ; basic/unrealistic genitalia). Unfortunately, the chance to change things after Chapter 1, but before Chapter 2 started, was ignored (apparently the dev-team discussed adding sound effects, the relatively easiest add-on, and rejected this idea). So I doubt anything substantial will change in-game or this would mess with the immersion too much (re-doing all the renders seems very far-fetched). But some type of Reward gallery (similar to that in 0.14) might be doable (including some "improvements" that you have noted) in future. We need enough patrons to get behind such an idea...
I'm not sure that upgrading the graphics a bit would ruin the immersion too much as it's not the biggest upgrade in the world we're talking about. I feel it's akin to getting a new pair of glasses, it makes everything feel slightly more alive and is just positive in every way. Most "real" computer games already have the option to adjust graphics settings depending on the quality of your computer and it's the most natural thing. Of course this is only true as long as you wouldn't have to re-do for example the D in a new engine or anything of the sort, in which case she might come out ever so slightly different. If that's the case they better not change a thing

I agree that the use of basic genitalia, especially D's dick, is poor, and that's maybe highest on my list of changes to DMD I would make if it were up to me. While changing earlier chapters would be silly, I really hope they would change future ones if possible.

Reactions: virtuvoid

bolenart

Jun 17, 2017
Hi want to play this game but there are 2 chapters. Are they just completely different stories and i should play chapter 1 and than 2. Or chapter 2 is like a new version of chapter 1 and there is no reason to play the first one?
Chapter 2 takes of where chapter 1 ended so definitely play the first one first.

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
I'm not sure that upgrading the graphics a bit would ruin the immersion too much as it's not the biggest upgrade in the world we're talking about. I feel it's akin to getting a new pair of glasses, it makes everything feel slightly more alive and is just positive in every way. Most "real" computer games already have the option to adjust graphics settings depending on the quality of your computer and it's the most natural thing. Of course this is only true as long as you wouldn't have to re-do for example the D in a new engine or anything of the sort, in which case she might come out ever so slightly different. If that's the case they better not change a thing

I agree that the use of basic genitalia, especially D's dick, is poor, and that's maybe highest on my list of changes to DMD I would make if it were up to me. While changing earlier chapters would be silly, I really hope they would change future ones if possible.
No reason the quality can improve mid game. The quality of genitalia, for example, has improved from release one and to today. If you play day one of Ch1 and the current release, all sorts of quality differences are noticeable.

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Lol! D's vagina detailing in 0.01 was rudimentary at best. OK, it's slightly improved overall. In some scenes, a player can even discern anatomical details.
Your comparison takes the worst DMD view from the launch demo and compares it to the few, best scenes. "Picking low-lying fruit" is a phrase that comes to mind.
Now, try to compare DMD to other incest-themed VN games. It doesn't match up well in any area aside from renders. As to renders, it is strictly the genius of MrDots that holds everything together. But for "bells and whistles", when compared to most recent VNs, DMD is very sorely lacking.
Well, the original video has the vaginal walls not grasping at whatever was being inserted. Now they do. Personally, I think all the short videos can be reworked - kind of like when Lucas reworked parts of the original Star Wars Trilogy - but in a great way and not a sucky “I’m going to walk across Jabba the Hut’s tail way. —. There has been MDots advancements, but I’d admit this is one area where hiring a great master at Daz3D animation (or whatever it is) would really pay off in spades.

Or this might be an area where Dots can do some more self study or a good online course.

thanatos69

Oct 28, 2016
Animations to me (and to a vast majority) are a plus, but nothing more than that. I'm more interested in the story than in a sex loop video, and I suspect many people think the same too. As long as they are okay, it's fine to me. And DMD's animations are okay. I wouldn't want the dev to spend his time pleasing a picky minority. If you think DMD's animations are bad, check Dream of Desire (another popular game) and then come back and compare ;)

Odysseus1979

Mar 9, 2018
View attachment 29683
Overview:
Main Plot:
You’ll assume the role of a divorced father who hasn't seen his daughter in years. Now that she's 18 years old, she contacts you and tells you that she would like to have a “father-daughter” date with you. You’ll have the chance to get to know your daughter better, build a special relationship and why not, maybe convince her to have more “father-daughter” dates with you in the future.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Updated: 14-02-2018
Censorship: None
Version: 0.17 Chapter 2
Developer / Publisher: - |
Platform: Windows, MacOS, Linux
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Change-log:

Patron Reward Images:

<Downloads>
Chapter 01

Chapter 02

View attachment 29687 View attachment 29688 View attachment 29689 View attachment 29690 View attachment 29691 View attachment 29692 View attachment 29693 View attachment 29694 View attachment 29695 View attachment 29696 View attachment 29697 View attachment 29698 View attachment 29699 View attachment 29700 View attachment 29702 View attachment 29703 View attachment 29704 View attachment 29705 View attachment 29707 View attachment 29708 View attachment 29709 View attachment 29710 View attachment 29711 View attachment 29712 View attachment 29713 View attachment 29714 View attachment 29715
Without having a clue about this game I downloaded the second chapter first ...then I found the first chapter as well ! I must say three things about this game ! A) . The game is fantastic !!! The depth of the story the twists around the characters , the thoughts , the reactions and of course the daughter ...just WOW !!!! B ) . The first chapter it was really really awesome and took two days playing , non stop to finish it !!!! The second chapter however was too short in comparison with the first and I was expecting for something more out of it . But to be honest even though it didn't felt complete it is by far more sophisticated and more elegant than other game of this category ! The game itself sucks you in to the story right after the introduction . Really loved it !!!! C) . The only negative I can find in this game is the fact there is no chapter 3 out yet ... Otherwise I could possibly ask for more from the developers , just an amazing game , totally worth the waiting to download , totally deserving to be one of the top games ever and I cant wait to see the next chapter , which I believe that if the developers wont give up to it and continue like this it will be the "jewel" of the category for long time !!!!

3.80 star(s) 325 Votes