thanatos69

Oct 28, 2016
For me the worst thing is that you're waiting 3-4 months, for just several dozen minutes of gameplay. If DMD is the only VN game you play, then it's easy to lose interest. I would rather enjoy a rush ending than wait to complete this game in a few years :(
Well, SS does the same. Three months for 10 minute gameplay. It may be the new norm among devs :D

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
We'll have to wait and see. Its not so much a "rush" ending as much getting more action per update, compress the time line and edit out some of the more extreme fetishes.
Besides in 3 to 4 years this type of gaming maybe as out of date as listening to Little Orphan Annie on the radio. With Moore's Law by then we possible could have true 3D hologram gaming. We'll be texting, "Heck in my day you had to watch VN games on a monitor! D didn't give you a virtual handjob."

Kane Salvatore

Salvatore Studios
Donor
Jan 2, 2018
The next update

At present, we don’t have an official date set for v0.0.3. The big reason for that, as many of you may know by now, is because my team and I will be spending May working on my previous game.

Both games are hugely important to me and making sure that both stories continue on is what I feel the majority of my followers ideally want to see.

Given the circumstances in previous months, this is the best way I can do things for now, but rest assured, Melody is still the main priority of the two games at the present time.

But I also made a promise to do everything I can to complete the other game and to give it the ending it deserves. Not just for myself or my team, but for you guys (and girls) who have supported me through to good and the bad times over the past 19 months.

As aforementioned, if a more suitable alternative becomes available, then I’ll let you know if there’s a better way for how we can do things.

Thanks for your support and understanding as always.
Cut to the DmD related info..

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
FYI, work on the next release of DMD has officially begun. Don’t ask me what they will do. Sexually it is pretty set. But the more interesting (to me) other elements are not set. Hopefully be some interesting things going on - I’m posting ideas, interaction ideas, shenanigans and the like today and tomorrow. Really excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ankhesenamun

Dec 17, 2017
The rushed ending will either be the biggest blueballs in history (a fuckton of build up for not a single penetration scene) or the clumsiest sex scene ("daddy, I am suddenly ready, fuck my pussy raw")

:idontcare:

Reactions: jose100

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
For all DMD fans (including me) from the Melody 0.2 post of Mr.Dots:
The next update

At present, we don’t have an official date set for v0.0.3. The big reason for that, as many of you may know by now, is because my team and I will be spending May working on my previous game.

Both games are hugely important to me and making sure that both stories continue on is what I feel the majority of my followers ideally want to see.

Given the circumstances in previous months, this is the best way I can do things for now, but rest assured, Melody is still the main priority of the two games at the present time.

But I also made a promise to do everything I can to complete the other game and to give it the ending it deserves. Not just for myself or my team, but for you guys (and girls) who have supported me through to good and the bad times over the past 19 months.

As aforementioned, if a more suitable alternative becomes available, then I’ll let you know if there’s a better way for how we can do things.

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
So, this can give finally relieve to everyone hoping DMD will be ended. The only thing to discuss is how fast it will end, imho. But seeing Mr. Dots posting infos about the work schedule and on patreon, I see there some devotion. So for me, at least, all doubts about an dignified end for DMD are gone. At least something else occurs, communicated directly by Mr. Dots and not some forum dudes thinking they know more than the dev himself.

JimJoe

Aug 7, 2017
I think the easter egg in Melody is the announcement for the next DMD Chapter.
"See you again at the end of may"´and "A story about a Father and a Daugther" he's not allowed to tell yet. I'm pretty sure Mr Dots will make a big finish for DMD or even better, he keeps it going. Maybe with some crossovers to Melody? The nudist beach in Melody was the same like in DMD, so both is in the same universe.

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
I've read over 100 game threads start-to-finish. Many themes keep popping up. One of them is that a small studio has NEVER done 2 concurrent projects to completion. So, unless there is a new "creative" method (such as 2 projects but 6-8 updates combined annually) this is uncharted territory.
If all your doubts are gone because a dev-team told you so, you resemble a cultist rather than a pirate. Your life, your choice...
It's very likely MrDots has every intention to save his own rep--fair enough. But a fanboi will NEVER get things right, then will not admit to being wrong.
If I am wrong--about anything--which happens because I like to speculate, I will 'fess up and not run away...
Everyone can make his own conclusions on the statement of Mr.Dots. You are right, sadly I am not the one and only authoritive of allowed opinions, so hanging people because of their opinion is not a choice (for now ;) ). But to correct you, I am not a fan boy. I made a clear statement to Mr. Dots. Go on with development of DmD and I will keep paying on patreon for Melody. If he doesn't I'm out of it. Just simple. There is so much fap material on the world wide fap, I will be not too frustrated if things stop. And all the debaucheries I will miss I will include in my own little game, which will never be on patreon because of them ...

Reactions: virtuvoid

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Just to add this after five weeks of learning Daz3D, four weeks of RPGMaker and one week of Renpy. There is not sooo much magic in it, that devs are superior creatures, knowing the secret art of making man fap ... If you got your models, posing them and writing a not so hilarious story is the key. I am lacking in both parts at the moment, but I know what men like and sells. And rendering time? Come one, guys who earn 6k a month can easily afford some rigs with a couple of 1080ti and render "in a blink of the eye". So I really don't see a problem to mantain two projects of fap stuff. There's no magic in it, only to picturize and put the horniness into words. And to be clear about it. While I see stupid and ridiculous situations in other games, which kill my boner, DmD and Melody are good written stories. But to reduce it to the point, all is about jerking off. Do 99 percent of the users care about lighting? As long as the hot, big boobed, blonde, green-eyed fuck meat takes it up the ass by someone who is not allowed to do so by social consensus? While in my game the horny 39 years old brunette green-eyed sex therapist eats out her emo/goth, black coloured hair, green-eyed loli daughter, do I need a really good story for this to sell and fap?!

Led

Jul 16, 2017
Is this game still being worked on, since the developer is now working on the game "Melody"?

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Is this game still being worked on, since the developer is now working on the game "Melody"?
Really, reading the last ten posts is still too much? But to answer your question, yeah the game is abandoned, no new version will be released until ragnaroek. Quit playing and hoping for a new version, look out for another game. People talking here just in love to reminisce.

3.80 star(s) 324 Votes