43pass

Nov 18, 2017
i am only on one path D, E and G, oh i wanted to know about the MMF route with martin is it with daughter or maria

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
For chapter 2 do i use my old save from chapter 1 once i finish it
you only have to end different paths in ch1 as described and up to 8 saves are created automatically at the end screen (no tweak or programming knowledge necessary ;))
one of them can be chosen in ch2
when you continue from ch1, you get this screen instead screenshot0001.png
and again, these are no actual save files that can be loaded or have to be copied into the ch2 installation

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
i am only on one path D, E and G, oh i wanted to know about the MMF route with martin is it with daughter or maria
My guess is it's for D because you can see in the walkthrough you can collect sharing points. So it is likely you collect them for sharing her with another M or F, depending on choices you made.

the66

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
This 8-slot method seems to be evolving. Could you give a step-by-step breakdown, please?
After a player sees the 8-slot screen, how does he proceed?
I only want what's best for the thread. If people on multiple paths can navigate game branches more easily, I'm all for it.
you choose 1 of the slots and ch2 starts with the points and decisions you've made in ch1 in that route
the rest is the same as the 1-path-method, your game starts at day 0 and so on :)

the66

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
Still unclear. If the screen appears with 8 EMPTY slots, how to input a game path? Or are you saying each different game path that reaches the "thank you screen" of Chapter 1 is AUTOMATICALLY saved as one of the 8 slots?
the latter
everytime you reach the end screen in ch1 and your game status (points, decisions) differs to the already saved "end saves" a new one is created, at least up to 8, then the oldest gets deleted
the screen in ch2 is only shown, when you have more than 1 "end save"

Oled

Dec 27, 2017
So i was palying melody game by Mrdots and i don't know if u guys noticed but there is a spoiler about the next dmd update that is coming in the end of may

Reactions: muttdoggy

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
So i was palying melody game by Mrdots and i don't know if u guys noticed but there is a spoiler about the next dmd update that is coming in the end of may
Maybe. I saw that too, but don't get your hopes up until the release happens.

the66

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
The irony is that I first heard of this method about a week after 0.14 dropped. But it didn't work well for the most part, and the workaround one-at-a-time method was used as a practical alternative. Oc, if it works automatically (this was not the case last time we discussed this) then this should be used by the majority of players who I presume follow multiple paths.
Is it preferable that a player adds in any details with the 8-slot saves such as D + E ; D + E + G : etc.?
code would have to be changed, but it's possible

the66

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
I only play the D-only path and have never tested the 8-slot method. But other players can be encouraged to do so. But we would still need those players to give a review.
Not enough players give their feedback--especially of a positive nature...
if anybody want's to test the 8-slot-method, here are 2 files to attach some description to these exports
end.rpy goes to folder game of your ch1 installation and load_data.rpy goes to folder game of your ch2 installation
and remove 105370_ infront of end.rpy and 105371_ infront of load_data.rpy or you get errors because of double label declarations

the66

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
a player adds extra details when he reaches Chapter 2
what do you want to add? export file description is covered in my last post or do you need more variables from ch1?

the66

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
Any method that requires player input will produce a certain amount of player stumbles. The best types of saves would have plenty of visible details. The question then becomes : when is the best time to add these details? You would surely reply the input method--fine. But knowing a workaround is still desirable. It comes down to a player's ability to easily identify EXACTLY what path each save belongs with.
ah.. so automatic d only, d + e, d + g, d + e + g?
ok, use end.rpy and screen.rpy in ch1 and load_data.rpy in ch2
you still have to press <enter> in the input to accept the default description or change it to your liking :)

Magixian

Feb 2, 2017
ah.. so automatic d only, d + e, d + g, d + e + g?
ok, use end.rpy and screen.rpy in ch1 and load_data.rpy in ch2
you still have to press <enter> in the input to accept the default description or change it to your liking :)
Small, and smart! Havn't tested it yet nor looked at dmd code in months, but looks to do the job nicely.

just want to add as there do seem to be some confusion. @virtuvoid , last time I checked:
If you dont have any ch.1 end-of-game data stored, you'll be taken though a short questionare with some of the ch.1 choices. So people are able to start with ch.2 even if they never thouched ch.1.
If there is just 1 playthough stored (file_dir = config.savedir + "/port/"), that will be chosen without userpromts.
If you played though to the end multiple times, it will show the selectionscreen with up to your last 8 playthoughs. It doesn't matter if people play though the game 2 or 200 times. It's always (up to) the last 8 that will show up (newest game showing last, if I recall correctly).
Hope that is the answers you were looking for.

Reactions: the66

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
I only play the D-only path and have never tested the 8-slot method. But other players can be encouraged to do so. But we would still need those players to give a review.
Not enough players give their feedback--especially of a positive nature...
Is that D only path with the Elena Lesbian (but does not have sex with F, but only with D) adjustment? That is my favorite path as it keeps MC faithful but allows for some D/E spice.

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
BTW, I am hopeful the animations on the next DMD release will be a big improvement. The second installment animations of Melody were excellent imo and a leap above the previous animations. (Hopefully the Melody animation magic was not due to a higher Genesis female version and DMD Daughter is stuck at s lower level and can’t reap the animation upgrade benefits.

wrx21

Donor
Jun 15, 2017
i rejected Jennifer in every playthrough,almost feel sad for her...almost..

Blazblue

Also known as 'Blazblue'
Donor
May 13, 2017
Alright, I'm puzzled. When DMD was banned by Patreon on January 26, MrDots was quick to assure patrons--who technically pledge to MrDots Games studio rather than for a specific game--that they would not be charged for the month of February. I was fully expecting something similar to happen in May due to the lack of any studio update on Patreon. So why has this NOT happened?
Since the answers to this puzzle very much impact any future DMD continuations...
Huh?

3.80 star(s) 321 Votes