Les_Riggs

Oct 19, 2017
"It’s done now, and hopefully we can keep both of our games in tact for the foreseeable future without anymore complications."

their answers just don't fill me with optimism i'm afraid,sure it's understandable giving their current situation,but they using the word "hope" little bit too much,now for Melody too...
just received this too,nice to finally hear some news about DMD even though part of the message below doesn't give much hope for the future of this game
I think you're reading too much into it dude.

If I were a dev that made these two games like MrDots has through Patreon, I wouldn't be telling my fans that
"I can guarantee that my games will be completed" or that "everything will run smoothly from now on".

Saying that they can hopefully continue making both games without anymore complications is just being up front and honest. Who's to say that Patreon won't one day decide that they don't want any games that feature any kinds of sexual content? That's completely out of the devs control.

It would also mean a fair chunk of games that get posted on here would end up incomplete.
By christ I hope that never happens, but like I said, these devs don't have a say on that if their using Patreon as their platform and payment system.

People need to just look at the positives from today's post. How many of you thought this game was dead and buried once those rules changed on Patreon at the back end of last year? Or again when it was eventually taken down?

Yet here we are with this game. Three or so weeks away from another update.
That's a f*cking huge win in my book!

His communication to fans has been terrific, better than most. It's also clear that this guy loves what he does,
and isn't a quitter. It would have been incredibly easy just to walk away from it right now but yet, that hasn't happened.

armion82

Message Maven
Mar 28, 2017
I think you're reading too much into it dude.

If I were a dev that made these two games like MrDots has through Patreon, I wouldn't be telling my fans that
"I can guarantee that my games will be completed" or that "everything will run smoothly from now on".

Saying that they can hopefully continue making both games without anymore complications is just being up front and honest. Who's to say that Patreon won't one day decide that they don't want any games that feature any kinds of sexual content? That's completely out of the devs control.

It would also mean a fair chunk of games that get posted on here would end up incomplete.
By christ I hope that never happens, but like I said, these devs don't have a say on that if their using Patreon as their platform and payment system.

People need to just look at the positives from today's post. How many of you thought this game was dead and buried once those rules changed on Patreon at the back end of last year? Or again when it was eventually taken down?

His communication to fans has been terrific, better than most. It's also clear that this guy loves what he does,
and isn't a quitter. It would have been incredibly easy just to walk away from it right now but yet, that hasn't happened.
Nice words.Even before that annonce I have like 90% faith that DmD will continue.To compare for BB my faith is less than 10%.DS lie so many times that is hard to believe him when he said that sun rise from east.

wrx21

Donor
Jun 15, 2017

i get what you say and i agree with it.Personally,prior to this update i was not thinking that the game is dead only because of mrdots and hearsz who were keeping us up to date with the development and future plans.

But,now,i'm not so sure. Of course they won't say we guarantee that we will finish both projects and i don't asking them to say it,but as one commentator on dots's site noticed things went from I’ve said previously that I will finish DMD no matter what, and I fully intend to keep that promise to Right now, we don’t know exactly how many more episodes of DMD we will release.
You don't have to read too much into it to see that even dev is uncertain for the future of DMD,maybe even more than couple of months ago.That is nice and polite way to say that the game won't reach it's planned end...

I'm glad we're getting new update soon,i just can't wait for it.

meyele

Jun 4, 2017
Anyone else here is mad that we get two consecutive updates for Melody?
I know its their way to get money now but i couldn't give two fucks about Melody, for me its pretty mediocre while DMD is an amazing game, but anyways i'm happy they are still making the game,and i really hope that these long awaited updates are longer than the monthly ones.

Taito

Oct 29, 2017
Right now, we don’t know exactly how many more episodes of DMD we will release. A lot of that will depend on fan support, how well the BMAC system works for us, whether a better platform becomes available - a lot of things really!
Is it just me or does this sound like he maybe wont finish the game?

Reactions: cloudfw

Les_Riggs

Oct 19, 2017
Is it just me or does this sound like he maybe wont finish the game?
Not the way I read it (everyone will read this differently though.)

The way I see it, is that he's playing it by year, and will adjust things if a "Patreon-like" problem were to hit and disrupt the production of DMD again in the future.

I imagine he and his team would have a rough idea of how many more episodes of the game that they would like to do, to tie up as many loose ends as possible, and get all of those really important scenes into the game before it's end.
But if the unfortunate does happen, then an alternate plan of less episodes might be his fallback plan.

None of us would prefer the latter of those two options, but I'm guessing he wants to be best prepared for any problems that could arise in the future.

I just want to see an ending. Don't care how, don't care by what means.
And I believe he's doing everything in his power to make that happen.

Anyways, that's just how I read it (doesn't make me right however.) ;)

Reactions: wrx21

bakuon

Jul 28, 2017
when I enter password it gives an error.Is that the only problem with me?
I did not get error .... but I entered my code and nothing .... then I noticed that all the letters were in capital letters and after that it was ok

Les_Riggs

Oct 19, 2017
Anyone else here is mad that we get two consecutive updates for Melody?
I know its their way to get money now but i couldn't give two fucks about Melody, for me its pretty mediocre while DMD is an amazing game, but anyways i'm happy they are still making the game,and i really hope that these long awaited updates are longer than the monthly ones.
I find it quite amusing jumping back and forth between this thread and the Melody thread to see fans pledging their allegiance to one game or the other.

A comment posted by a fan of Melody below:

It's a shame, Melody is a far better game than DMD. Better visuals, better animations, better story... all within 2 updates.

DMD requires effort to go through for me, "Yes, you're an adult and that's exactly what a penis looks like". Six updates later she's giving you a sad hand-job. If it wasn't for Elena to fuck around with I would have lost all interest.
I love both games and I'm very happy to see DMD continue, but I'm also already looking forward to the 3rd release of Melody after it. The fact that fans can find something in both games that they like or love so much more than the other, is really a credit to MrDots. If I didn't know he'd created both, I'm sure I'd be convinced they were done by two completely different devs (aside from the character cameo's in Melody from DMD and certain renders).

wrx21

Donor
Jun 15, 2017
When the Teacher's Pet dev was called out for using D in his game, he lamely replied that was just a standard DAZ asset. But D is wearing the exact outfit she wore when she first appeared in DMD. As well, much dialogue clearly references DMD. So, the common perception of players should be : "Hey! That's D from DMD!"
D had much better cameo in Parental love,did you saw it?

Magixian

Feb 2, 2017
Anyone else here is mad that we get two consecutive updates for Melody?.
YES! I'm with you there. DMD update every 3 months is just too long in between story-progress for me. Sure I'm excited about the next release, but if it's going to be 4 releases per year.. Yeah, not sure how long that excitement will last.

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
here is my updated and fixed unofficial android port for Dating my Daughter CH1 v0.14.5.
exporting games in CH1 and importing them in CH2 should work now
there are 43 stats/choices that gets exported to CH2, if only 1 of them differs to their counterpart in the already present export files, a new file is created in the end screen
up to 8 files are created, the oldest one gets deleted, if a 9th export file has to be created
you are prompted, to input a small description for the file (no prompt, no new file)
the default value is the current path you are on (D only, D + E,.. @virtuvoid)

in CH2 there are 3 methods to import your data from CH1
  1. you haven't played CH1 or there're no export files -> you have to input all data manually (also fixed)
  2. there's only 1 export file -> it gets imported automatically
  3. there're more than 1 export file -> you have to choose the one you wanna play with (i hope, the description helps, to pick the right one)
you have now a small quick menu at the top of the screen, to access features like skipping and automatic text (i hope, it's not to intrusive)
i also enabled the options screen in the game menu

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage (or a new one on Android 11 :FacePalm:), because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).
updated: 05.09.2021

Last edited:

wrx21

Donor
Jun 15, 2017
This pic found its way into our thread precisely one month ago. I've only read the PL thread briefly, without playing the game, and know no details. Nice render which is no surprise for that game.
Speaking of renders : the thread should check out the game Two Weeks--these are the best I've seen in any game...
i was thinking about this one,it was around the time DMD was banished from patreon,i don't know if dev made that bit of conversation intentionally as the D was passing by but it was a nice touch

screenshot0004.png

armion82

Message Maven
Mar 28, 2017
This pic found its way into our thread precisely one month ago. I've only read the PL thread briefly, without playing the game, and know no details. Nice render which is no surprise for that game.
Speaking of renders : the thread should check out the game Two Weeks--these are the best I've seen in any game...
You should play PL.And MSN.

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
Good to get some confirmation of at least 2 more episodes. Personally I don’t mind the parallel development but if dmd does come to a close without a third chapter they give themselves enough episodes to satisfactorily conclude chapter 2.

armion82

Message Maven
Mar 28, 2017
Unfortunately, I do a lot of other things that absolutely necessitate that I remain current. As is, I no longer watch TV, movies, or most sporting events. But the only time that seems too short is the time I get to play.
Just luck--or fate--that the first VN I saw was DMD. My avatar pic is from DMD 0.02. That was the moment that hooked me with D. There's been no turning back since...
Ow.I hope you have some free time soon:)
And btw I should disappoint you.Your avatar pic is from 0.0.3,not 0.0.2.Just go through 0.0.2 and 0.0.3

3.80 star(s) 325 Votes