Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Every person is free to choose, and only a small minority of fans become patrons. So it's next to impossible to know.
But from the previews I've seen of the Melody game, Melody is the 3rd most physically attractive (possibly 4th, and new characters may pop up).
These attractive babes overshadow waiting for the main female MC--unless someone goes berserker Harem route and HAS to bang even holes in a fence.
In DMD, D is easily (I'm sure she'd win a popularity contest) the most attractive. Plus, she IS the incest fetish.
This comes with a swell ready-made villianess, Rachel.
If Melody were not made by the same studio, would I even bother with it? Not a chance. As is, the curiosity factor is too strong, and I certainly will.
If other players like it, good luck to them. Have you looked at the fetish list for Melody? : corruption and vaginal. ONLY!
Yeah, doesn't strike me as a "new wave".
Well, DMD started off vaginal only as well, but made relatively (pun intended lol) slow progressions towards anal (Georgina, Jennifer and now D; in that order). Us proverts (professional perverts) liked that little addition to the game. Hopefully we see the same in MrDots' newest installment. I mean, if you're gonna go incest, BDSM, sharing, MMF/MFF routes, might as well add one more fetish - anal. :)

Sure, Melody and DMD are like comparing apples to oranges, but I could see this quickly becoming another favorite of mine. DMD is still of course number 1 on my list and always will be so long as the updates continue. I just happened to notice the callbacks to DMD that I was really pleased with this game. Brought a little smile to my face seeing them.

I'm looking forward to the next update for Melody near the end of the month and of course with DMD.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
The other reason I mention anal (besides the usual "pervert" one) is I consider it a non-extreme fetish, as would 90%+ of married guys, especially as compared to incest.
Once a game has incest, such as DMD (even if officially so far only with Graham and Olivia), it almost always has anal. Since Melody will be without incest, I'm very curious how far Patreon will allow MrDots to go. Because there is no doubt that MrDots will try to go beyond what's acceptable and have to be pulled up on his leash. Will there be : anal?; lesbian?; 3-somes? ; exhibitionism?
That not only depends on Patreon but if Melody gains a separate and distinctive fan base from DMD. The fan base started out as a DMD majority and a few Melody only fans. Given the 2 projects don't interact or share a platform two separate game species are bound to evolve. But does this newly mutated Melody fan base share DMD fans taste in fetishes, are they a less pervy group? Have they evolved to actually survive only on Patreon permitted adult situations?
attenborough_reddit_1_2014_01_09.jpg

Reactions: virtuvoid

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I think Melody (played 0.1 on gamesofdesire ~month ago) and DMD are both good games and meant for diff groups (unless mc marries Melody's mommy then it'll be (semi-)incest again).

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
okaaay something doesnt add up. The last time I played chapter one, it ended with daughter being kidnapped by exwife.

Did I miss something? I dont remember a ring or a fair in chapter one.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
yes you did miss something (quite a much) so happy replaying unless you have old enough chapter 1 save to continue.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
actually, my hard disk crashed. I still dont know if it was because I had it in a custom cage or because of windows 10, but the end result is the same. a lot of stuff inaccessible.

It's been the 3rd disk in 10 years :noexpression:

And I really hate the cringe that is the early chapter1.

Reactions: asgardtipar

fapboyant

Jul 17, 2017
The earliest I have available is version 15. Would this be okay with you?

Though if you have the latest version (0.18), that would work if you started from the beginning. .15 was the start of chapter 2.
Version 15 is okay :), i can play after that

Mar 7, 2018
Just have to say I'm really loving this game, and will definitely become a supporter. May even try out Melody as well. I'm on play through number 3 of both Chapters.(explanation in spoiler tag as it is kind of long and does include a few spoilers) Looking forward to the next DMD update!!!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Awesome, I also love this game :D we need more fans, not many here or elsewhere, most hate it(but still play for some reason) :) hehe, I also got the police report thing on my first chapter 1 play ;) So i have played chapter 1 3 times and chapter 2 2 times. Next update could not come sooner ! but the wait will be a bit longer..... :cryingface:

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Awesome, I also love this game :D we need more fans, not many here or elsewhere, most hate it(but still play for some reason) :) hehe, I also got the police report thing on my first chapter 1 play ;) So i have played chapter 1 3 times and chapter 2 2 times. Next update could not come sooner ! but the wait will be a bit longer..... :cryingface:
You can play DoD and MSN this week.
If I count every update I probably have played ch.1 30+ times and ch.2 10+ times.The only other game I have played that many times is DoD.

Reactions: rmma621

asgardtipar

Aug 4, 2017
DMD has a more loyal fans base, and a better story. It seems DMD was the game Mr.Dots wanted to create (thus his emotional allegiance to our darling D) and Melody was the game he had to create (cash is king).
The question is will pressure from the more lucrative Melody fan base who is demanding more regular updates or else they bail (fair weather prevs) force Mr.Dots to can DMD in favor of the game that pays the bills? This is one of the fears common to most DMD fans. Every DMD update kinda seems like visiting the terminally ill, in that you wonder if this will be the last time you interact.
Holly shit, i just realised how invested I have become in this game and how dissapointed i would be if he CANS the project... :( :(

Mar 7, 2018
Holly shit, i just realised how invested I have become in this game and how dissapointed i would be if he CANS the project... :( :(
Me too! In Mrdots latest post in his website here he says: "Like I said before, we are committed to finishing the game no matter what." , So right now it looks as if Mrdots is commited to complete the game. So we can only hope ;) and buy his coffee.... :winkytongue:

owll

Mar 24, 2018
-Melody
-Dreams of Desire
-Dreaming of Dana
-Big Brother/use mods/
-Parental Love
-My Sweet Neighbors
-Babysitter
-Milfy City
-Two Weeks
-Life with Mary
-My Cute Roommate
-Deviant Desires
-Fertile and Mating
-The Tyrant
-A Wife and Mother
-Au-Pair Innocence
-Freeloading Family
-Tangled Up
and many more
thx for the tips ;) i just downloaded all

Reactions: armion82

asgardtipar

Aug 4, 2017
Uhmm guys i just "finished" DMD and i was wondering what do these updates mean? Does it mean like story continuation or just like better animations and stuff like that. Thanks in advance.

asgardtipar

Aug 4, 2017
Me too! In Mrdots latest post in his website here he says: "Like I said before, we are committed to finishing the game no matter what." , So right now it looks as if Mrdots is commited to complete the game. So we can only hope ;) and buy his coffee.... :winkytongue:
Yea. Lets hope so.

3.80 star(s) 325 Votes