the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
Your logic, except to relate VNs to RL which is a non-starter,
is sound enough for the DMD story.
I'm not nit-picking, but D and F are referred to that way as a generic name since all players are able to name these characters for themselves. But "M" does not necessarily relate to Rachel, especially considering there is a Margo, Maria, and Martin in the game.
I am against no member (well, if anyone is openly against me I'll view that person as "target practice" thereafter) but I am against spreading confusion in our thread. No offense to you intended, bro.
ha! target practice he said
439cf7b3444d75f784cc0408fd3a69fd.jpg

Reactions: asgardtipar

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Haven't touch this game in a long time since chapter 2 came out, So does the father have sex with anyone or is it just more blueballs?
he has sex with georgina (before he leaves country) and tries to take jennifer's cherry (forgot lube) and has sex with elena and daughter ends up giving bjs.

wrx21

Donor
Jun 15, 2017
Lol! Melody players must have complained that they get 2 updates per 3 months while DMD players can get an *achem* occasional update for the price of a coffee. Melody players now get ~8 special renders per month over-and-above the usual previews.
I haven't seen a single post on Mr Dots' site ask for the obvious : "Hey, dev-guys! DMD fans want special renders, too!!"
gonna send him PM to ask him this,i would love to see that

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Well we DMD fans are their secret shame. lol
Maybe because we like pervy sex plots.
If by "pervy sex plots" you mean D's big, beautiful.. um.. "eyes" (that's a euphemism for those luscious big boobies, lol), yeah, I like them "plots" a lot! :p

Reactions: RustyV

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I just found a GREAT way F and D can slip out of Donutistan without anybody noticing...

If it could work on those cans, surely it can work for F and D. :D

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
For speculation, will D take daddy's dick in one go or will that update end in a cliffhanger and have to wait until the next update.
Or will daddy finally get too frustrated that he just gets darling D drunk and rails her.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I hope he turns evil at the end and brags to his ex-wife that he brainwashed their daughter into being his wife
After Rachel has lost everything.. ;)

Though I don't see that happening (F bragging to Rachel). He's trying to do this without her blessing (so far as we know). Not to mention, should F and Rachel end up in court to fight for custody, having him bragging in any way would most certainly go against him and he'd most likely lose D for good.

Just my two wooden nickles..

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
I'm not nit-picking,... But "M" does not necessarily relate to Rachel, especially considering there is a Margo, Maria, and Martin in the game.
Sure, that's fine. I was typing fast and briefly realized I wasn't aware of a shorthand for Rachel, but figured it might be obvious that "M" = "Mother" from my context, so threw it out there while thinking of a larger point to offer. It wasn't intended to define a new representation for Rachel, though.

As for the "non-starter" point, I was simply offering that there are parallels that can be identified for some players of this game, IMHO - in this case, I perceived that as adding an element of emotional familiarity to the game, helping to up the entertainment value.

Reactions: virtuvoid

T-dog

Dec 22, 2017
For anybody who doesn't know DMD doesn't use Patreon to fund the continuation of the game. If you want to see it continue please use the option "buy me a coffee"

Keep DMD going, I know they probably don't care but I really hope DMD turns into the game Patreon couldn't kill.

Mar 7, 2018
For anybody who doesn't know DMD doesn't use Patreon to fund the continuation of the game. If you want to see it continue please use the option "buy me a coffee"

Keep DMD going, I know they probably don't care but I really hope DMD turns into the game Patreon couldn't kill.
Fully agree, now Mrdots has said they will finish no matter what, but I saw earlier that loads of people were buying coffee ;) so they get alot of money from that. Now I think it is a bit unfair treatment of DMD, we should have it 1 month Melody next month DMD etc. :D But I guess they are afraid of losing Patreons that way maybe... they know the DMD fans are loyal :winkytongue:

Reactions: T-dog

SikaNauta

Jul 21, 2017
I saw earlier that loads of people were buying coffee ;) so they get alot of money from that.
My guess is that the coffees don't amount to much of his income. By employing the highly scientific Stetson-method (i.e. I pulled it out of a hat) the reasons he won't abandon DmD are:

1. He really doesn't want to. It's his first game and it's important to him. He seemed to take all the BS with Patreon quite personally and won't give up now.

2. A lot of his Patrons are supporting Melody in name only. If DmD wasn't a part of the deal my guesstimate is that anything from 40% to 80% of Patrons would leave. That's a lot of money. Like you said:

But I guess they are afraid of losing Patreons that way maybe... they know the DMD fans are loyal :winkytongue:
3. A reputation as someone who doesn't finish his projects is really toxic for a developer and would drive away a lot of potential Patrons/customers in the future. However, if DmD gets finished even with all the difficulties and drop in revenue, he could earn a lot of respect and trust. Becoming that one Magical Unicorn™ and the Saviour of all Adult Game Devs© (Hallelujah!) would mean more customers in the future and therefore more money again. Depends a lot on how long-term he is thinking about this.

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
I just found a GREAT way F and D can slip out of Donutistan without anybody noticing...

If it could work on those cans, surely it can work for F and D. :D
Nah man, I tried that stuff before. It tasted horrible. it put me in the hospital for a week. The doctors tried figuring out what caused it but they couldn't SEE the problem. ~bu dum tsss~

Reactions: Sycho

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
The similarity to RL is very shallow. The players WANT to believe that these games are at least semi-plausible. They're not. . . .
I never asserted that this game represented plausible, real life situations, so I find your point misguided.

Perhaps you have a position to prove on this in a more general sense, but I was only noting that the parallels to how intimacy in a relationship accelerates as soon as the physical contact genie is loosed from the bottle is reminiscent of real life experiences, IMHO.

That's only one aspect of the game ... addressing the suddenly faster pacing of sexual acts and openly stated longings during the infatuation stage of a relationship. That parallelism with thematic aspects of some real-life relationships could help to further suspend disbelief during the play of an otherwise unrealistic game, allowing the gamer an opportunity to deepen their involvement with the storyline. And, nothing more.

I have not seen anybody claiming that this game accurately represents real life relationships from beginning towards imagined end, so again, perhaps you are trying to make a case against some strawman in this thread which I have not seen? It's hopefully obvious that II would agree with such a point, btw.

asgardtipar

Aug 4, 2017
there is no textbox.png, young padawan
some code you must add
Code:
init:
    $ style.window.background = "#00000020"
number is html color code + opacity value
AHAHA omg This is one of the BEST online comunities i have ever seen, everyone is soo nice and helping each other. We should be at the head of the countries and there would be never war. Sure there would be other things but still... Cant winn em all eii

3.80 star(s) 325 Votes