Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
@Sycho I can believe it, I guess I just have hard time imagining the frame of mind lol seems like a waste of time if I’m not enjoying the game itself.

For me, I don’t bother with others’ saves, but there are some games that are so directionless a walkthough is practically required, and sometimes I get so invested in the outcome halfway into a game I find the walkthrough so I don’t make a big mistake.
I've played games where I got so tired of banging my forehead against a wall I've had to resort to a walkthrough (text or video depending on game), but I know exactly what you mean. I guess I'm old fashioned in that way.. keep plugging away until you have nothing left to do but check the walkthrough.

I love a good AVN with a storyline. Not ones that jump around so much you suddenly begin to think you're a Mexican jumping bean. Those games always end up in the dumpster. :)

Reactions: Eunoian

Eunoian

Artist & Writer
Donor
Jul 15, 2018
@a1fox3 Just to make sure... is my sig working now? And thanks for the help. I messaged a staff member as you suggested. I believe they have fixed it.

@Sycho Yeah, I don't know why VN games often forget to do a tutorial, or at the very least point out how the game is supposed to progress. I've played games with zero in-game direction, and I just end up going around in circles guessing as I click on random things.

And yeah, I agree. For me, without a good storyline I can't get immersed, and then I just get bored or frustrated.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
@a1fox3 Just to make sure... is my sig working now? And thanks for the help. I messaged a staff member as you suggested. I believe they have fixed it.

@Sycho Yeah, I don't know why VN games often forget to do a tutorial, or at the very least point out how the game is supposed to progress. I've played games with zero in-game direction, and I just end up going around in circles guessing as I click on random things.

And yeah, I agree. For me, without a good storyline I can't get immersed, and then I just get bored or frustrated.
Yes it is working now.

Reactions: Eunoian

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018

Exactly! For those games, it's almost as if one is a lab rat in a maze trying to get to the cheese and end up running into a dead end. Thankfully, (at least from the few games I've played and enjoyed), that was few and far between (with exception to one game that didn't make any sense at all, but will remain nameless).

I love a good story line with some twists and turns and DMD is by far (IMHO) once of the best, if not THE best story-wise. It's easy to get caught up in the moment with each new release that it makes you hunger for more and that's how they should be, I feel. If it has that kind of an impact on the player, that's what draws me in. The best scene (IMO) that expressed that kind of heartfelt feeling was when D was walking home from school when F called out to her. From that moment, I was feeling it emotionally... especially as a father who "lost" his daughter to a manipulative, conniving, vindictive bitch of a mother. BTDT..

Eunoian

Artist & Writer
Donor
Jul 15, 2018
@Sycho Yeah, DMD and AL have awesome writing. The more invested I become, the more immersed I become. For me, that is the whole point of playing games. They are meant to be experiences. So I wholeheartedly know where you are coming from. Plus, as you noted, if a game can hit home and, by chance, play on my own past experiences, I can begin to feel something and allow my emotions to guide me. In particular, AL has a couple scenes that resonate with my own life.

Not everyone is like that though. Some people just want a mindless escape that is fun, and I can appreciate that perspective. It just isn't for me. I get bored too easily.

fenix Negro

Oct 21, 2017
I, too, have only followed D. But Elena (who I have rejected 4 times between the MC and D) seems very much to be getting "planted" into the D-only path.
The easiest way to make this happen is to have D accept Elena--no choice. After D gets popped by MC, Elena completes the 3-some with full agreement by D.
This doesn't have to happen, of course. But it seems like the most plausible story continuation to get Elena (and probably Georgina and Jennifer) sexually involved, as well as open up the extreme fetish paths.
Notice that MC, D and Elena have now played 3 private games together : at the girls' hotel in Chapter 1 ; at the spa in Chapter 2 ; at the countryside hotel in 0.18. Each "game" has grown increasingly erotic. The catalyst was ALWAYS Elena. With her involved, ALL fetishes become doable.
I know it is an unpopular opinion but I can not see the attractiveness of Elena, I do not know... she has the body of a 13 year old girl and is too promiscuous for my taste but what happens if after this new rejection of D in the shower to elena start a more serious relationship with that doctor and there we have a new partner for the end of the game

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
@Sycho Yeah, DMD and AL have awesome writing. The more invested I become, the more immersed I become. For me, that is the whole point of playing games. They are meant to be experiences. So I wholeheartedly know where you are coming from. Plus, as you noted, if a game can hit home and, by chance, play on my own past experiences, I can begin to feel something and allow my emotions to guide me. In particular, AL has a couple scenes that resonate with my own life.

Not everyone is like that though. Some people just want a mindless escape that is fun, and I can appreciate that perspective. It just isn't for me. I get bored too easily.
There were unusually a lot of similarities between DMD and my own personal life that, once the end of chapter 1 drew near, I hated Rachel even more and that was from my own personal experiences.

That scene (image attached) STILL affects me even after having played. It's hard not to think about what she might have felt at that moment, but I can imagine based on what I went through. The imagery, the writing, everything about that moment really hit home.

Eunoian

Artist & Writer
Donor
Jul 15, 2018
That scene (image attached) STILL affects me even after having played. It's hard not to think about what she might have felt at that moment, but I can imagine based on what I went through. The imagery, the writing, everything about that moment really hit home.
Yeah, I'm not even a father and that scene hit my pretty hard. I'm sorry to hear about your similar experiences, but I'm glad DMD had been a bit of a emotional outlet for you.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Yeah, I'm not even a father and that scene hit my pretty hard. I'm sorry to hear about your similar experiences, but I'm glad DMD had been a bit of a emotional outlet for you.
That it has (DMD that is). It's like an addiction. :)

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
I'm just gonna leave this here.... Make sure you've got the sound on!

I guarantee both fans and detractors of this game will enjoy this :)

ETA this is , a prolific uhh, , in a film from .

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Notice that MC, D and Elena have now played 3 private games together : at the girls' hotel in Chapter 1 ; at the spa in Chapter 2 ; at the countryside hotel in 0.18. Each "game" has grown increasingly erotic. The catalyst was ALWAYS Elena. With her involved, ALL fetishes become doable.
Very insightful.
I wonder if there will be any Elena induced hijinx in the next update or will this one be prep for uniting D+MC+Elena later on.
I think Elena will try to manipulate D with her discovery more than the MC mostly because this works easier with either a harem or D only route, and can be used to increase D corruption status.

Engelstein

Feb 17, 2018
I'm just gonna leave this here.... Make sure you've got the sound on!

I guarantee both fans and detractors of this game will enjoy this :)

ETA this is , a prolific uhh, , in a film from .
PureTaboo is honestly one of the few studios that I can watch their films fully and not want to skip around. Same with a few of MissaX.

3.80 star(s) 324 Votes