Les_Riggs

Oct 19, 2017
Is this not dead since it got kicked from Patreon and Melody is in development?
Far from it dude.
Since having to leave Patreon, DMD is being released every third month from the devs official site (where he takes minimal donations to continue producing it) and new game Melody has two updates in between through Patreon.

MrDots (the creator of both games) simply doesn’t know the meaning of the word “quit”. Can’t say the same for a lot of other devs out there who have abandoned/unfinished games.

proximus

Donor
Apr 25, 2017
I seriously doubt there will be a Chapter 3. The corruption meter was a good metric to use when DMD was on Patreon. I believe the studio is now leaving its options open as to how all the levels of corruption (18 flower petals) will be reached.
Sex acts are no longer on a slow-burn pattern. Some side characters' scenes seem to have been left out, thus trimming the total DMD updates. So, unless these omissions are somehow replaced by alternative additions, the original plan (while on Patreon) of 3 Chapters of ~40 updates is off.
There is also patron/donor fatigue to consider. Oc, it is completely up to those payers to decide! I just hope DMD can eventually make a somewhat graceful exit when the end comes.
I think that it will ultimately come to $$.
During Patreon days, DMD was golden goose with lots of $20 pledges (me being one of them for a period of time 'til I got the feeling that Mr Dots started milking a game).
Since game has been on 3 months update cycle, it appears that progress is faster than in chapter 1.

If I am not mistaken, "legal" way to download a game is either to be his patron on Patreon or "buy me coffe" on DMD site.
I usually donate $5 since I feel that it is reasonable price per update (instead supporting couple developers at high level, like I did before, I spread my pledges at $5 - $10 level).
If there is sufficient number of those donations, Mr Dots will be able to hire quality help and game will keep going.
Most of game developers are based outside of US and EU (I know that Mr Dots has some volunteers and help from US)
so Patreon or "Buy me coffee" pledges can be significant source of income, especially if it has been done at such high level like DMD and Melody with qualified team of people behind it.

buwamo

Mar 16, 2018
I really want to try because everyone is talking about this. But I dont the daughter, I dont like here beauty. Aside from her, there are other girls in the story? thank you.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I really want to try because everyone is talking about this. But I dont the daughter, I dont like here beauty. Aside from her, there are other girls in the story? thank you.
The facts that Mr.Dots is not letting DMD die and the game having such a loyal fan base is evidence that DMD is a very good game.
That being said the daughter is a fairly central character and if you don't like her then the game may lose some of its appeal. I'm not saying not to try DMD it's just not liking D may hamper your enthusiasm over our game.

Reactions: Les_Riggs

heyyoo

Jun 1, 2018
Which ones are games like this one? ^^
Also i remember a game like this with dad/daughter story but don't remember name help please :)

buwamo

Mar 16, 2018
Please go to the bottom of the first post on page 1 of this thread. There is a series of images. Those other females, two petites and a voluptuous model-type, are the other main female characters besides D. There are a handful of other characters, but only one of them has had erotic scenes.
Virtually 100% of DMD fans agree about two things : the images/lighting is very attractive ; the female characters' personalities are vivid and highly appealing.
The facts that Mr.Dots is not letting DMD die and the game having such a loyal fan base is evidence that DMD is a very good game.
That being said the daughter is a fairly central character and if you don't like her then the game may lose some of its appeal. I'm not saying not to try DMD it's just not liking D may hamper your enthusiasm over our game.
show me vegana

thank you for the responds. I think I should give it a try. Image quality looks comparable to DFD.

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
And me and a lot of others

Go on release some spoilers or drop a few hints......
Well, what I am most interrested in this VN is character interraction and development (sex being a given, but not my focus as a developer).

It was originally plotted to have an Elena/D confrontation in the morning. I pointed out that we are missing on some great character interraction and it got pushed to later in the day. I’m looking forward to this release as Elena observes the couple, hopefully has some knowing remarks, and then confronts D with the issue later in the day.

While I won’t do any actual writing in this release, I have given numerous notes and numerous ideas and paths this release can take.

And remember, once Elena tells D she knows, it’s a bell that cannot be unrung. This means Elena will have a character reason to have her finger in D/MC’s releationship from here on out. Arguably, this is the biggest change to the plot dynamics since ... D took her shirt off in that hotel after the “Romance Game Night”
I seriously doubt there will be a Chapter 3. The corruption meter was a good metric to use when DMD was on Patreon. I believe the studio is now leaving its options open as to how all the levels of corruption (18 flower petals) will be reached.
Sex acts are no longer on a slow-burn pattern. Some side characters' scenes seem to have been left out, thus trimming the total DMD updates. So, unless these omissions are somehow replaced by alternative additions, the original plan (while on Patreon) of 3 Chapters of ~40 updates is off.
There is also patron/donor fatigue to consider. Oc, it is completely up to those payers to decide! I just hope DMD can eventually make a somewhat graceful exit when the end comes.
Vtv, any fan of a D route should be happy because a good resolution of that path is a must end for MDots. (Not sure if this will include children, which would be my preferred ending of that path...but we will see on that one.)

An Elena/D/MC, while not a stated end desire, is probably a guarantee.

In all likelihood, an MC/D/G/J is probably a go as well.

Everything else is up in the air.

While Chapter 2 could run @ the length of Chapter 1, a Chapter 3 is 95% likely not to happen. However, I have and continue to suggest two or more standalone epilogue releases which would fall out of the “day to day” format and cover things like “D’s modeling career” and “kids”.

Pantisocrat

Jul 3, 2017
How great would a cameo of melody on DMD be :p
It would be cool, but I think anything like that might draw the attention of the Fun Police. Patreon have been clear there can't be any crossing of the streams. They could easily say that it amounts to using Patreon-funded content to promote material prohibited by Patreon's ToS and nuke MrDots. They've made it clear they won't miss him if that happens.

I’m looking forward to this release as Elena observes the couple, hopefully has some knowing remarks, and then confronts D with the issue later in the day.
I hope you're campaigning hard for this, Jeff:
Fingers crossed for Elena to finally do Elenal in this update.
You're Our Man In Havana on this. Based on what you say, the outlook isn't good for Elena introducing F/D roleplay with MC - seems like there's not enough time? Shame if so, but hey-ho. Thanks for keeping us posted. If there's no Chapter 3, the rubber's really going to meet the road for Melody when DMD ends. I bear Melody no ill-will, but it's not a patch on DMD, because... y'know. :)

Reactions: virtuvoid

bolenart

Jun 17, 2017
Thanks for the inside info Jeff. Very sad to hear about the end approaching; my love for this game has kept on growing with every update. Hope there's much more to come in chapter 2.

Engelstein

Feb 17, 2018
So since Melody at the current rate will be completed before DMD, any idea what the next story might be? eh eh?? ;)

3.80 star(s) 325 Votes