3.50 star(s) 125 Votes

Wraith2100

Apr 29, 2018
So from what I understand from you, they are the exact same thing but in the past there was some delay in some chapters releases?
No that was in answer to a question by masteraaran. To answer your question cracked is the patreon while official is the free version (I think) cracked is no longer being done. the main difference between the two are the cracked version has voice acting.

ViperGts151

You don’t like me? Fine. Don’t waste my time then.
Donor
Jan 15, 2018
Latest Patreon post:
A look at... Well, everything!
Hey!

Updates during this month have been intentionally scarce. Reason obviously partially being it contains a lot of fewer days (for us) than what we are usually accustomed to. Also, an insane amount of things are going on with the studio at the same time. Here, I will try to list some of them. This is a problem in a number of ways. I'm not gonna make a list but rather talk about what the entire studio is currently doing and why we've been quiet here and on Discord. Oh, and before I go on, the troll comments on our official website have all been deleted and disabled, an official statement has been made, and we are working to remedying trolls saying free games are a bad thing!!1
Okay, so let's start with DFD. Before this month's end, you will see the second to last chapter of DFD being published. It's been an indescribable thing to expand and develop my original idea and turn this into what I originally wanted this to be: 'a TV series' feeling game. As AW and I said in the podcast we did; we wanted this to feel like a TV series with Twin Peaks twists. I hope we accomplished that. I think most people don't appreciate what all of us go through every single month; it is truly indescribable.
- Ricky: is one of my best friends in all my life. We known each other in every way we can. We started this process together, we built it together from nothing, to this. We have no secrets from each other, have done everything for each other and continue to do so, and will always do so. I am extremely proud to call this person not only my colleague, but more importantly my friend.
- AW: You and I are so much alike it's almost scary. I guess the only thing that separates us is... Well, you and I know what that is. As I said in the stream AW and I did: I recruited AW for "not liking" my game. That's exactly what I was looking for: Challenge me. Tell me what was bad, good, meh, and anything else you can come up with. We are also true friends and we've had so many laughs and tears together I can't even count them.
- MuseX: The person in the team that resembles me in real life the most, and why you also should check out what he is doing on his Patreon. We are two very obstinate people with two very strong wills. This person is the greatest artist I have ever seen on Patreon making 3D illustrations, and I dare you to challenge me on that; because I bet you are wrong. I am extremely proud to have had the chance to work together with this awesome persone.
That's basically it. That's your 4-man team for DFD throughout all chapters so far (excluding two upcoming chapters). There are also more people involved, and I'd be happy to mention them when they want it.

Let me be clear. There are two chapters of DFD remaining: Chapter 18, and the final chapter 19. For season one.
Is the studio dying because DFD is reaching its end? Not even close; quite the opposite. We've been expanding ever since people started to like DFD.
Oh, and here's a preview of this month's $20 bonus with Heidi and Kathy finally... doing something:

hk4.png

So what is coming up?

Well, except for the horrendous month of Feb where all of a sudden 3 days goes missing in a fucking black hole-event horizon, we not only have to plan and make DFD, but also Game #3 which has now officially been named 'Double Homework' and is scheduled for release for an early March release, meaning it will, as we've said, intersect with DFD. And perhaps, with the anime game.
What has changed from DFD?
Well, a lot of things, actually. From DFD we have migrated from engine v2.0 to 3.0; which summarized enables a lot of new functionality. I think the most notable ones are the following:
A) The game is now a lot easier to change and edit, which will enable us to translate the games to a lot more languages.

B) Is a lot more compatible on phones. Allow me to do demonstrate:

This is the game on desktops:
dh1.png

This is the game interactive, currently on mobiles looking likes this:

I guess that's about it for today. Oh, I forgot about our Anime game. It's done extremely soon. But one could only blast so much info into one post.
You know what the best part is? The team that made DFD is now making DH! That is pretty f*cking awesome. Same team, new game. Oh, and yeah, the anime game will be out extremely soon. You guys guys have a lot to look forward too.
TitleScreen_CH18.png

JoeSte91

Apr 12, 2018
Latest Patreon post:
Let me be clear. There are two chapters of DFD remaining: Chapter 18, and the final chapter 19. For season one.
This line is probably the most noteworthy out of everything that has been said and leaves me a little apprehensive that there are going to be a number of plot threads left unresolved for a 'season two'.

As in I'm probably going to play it if it happens, because I'm a sucker for answers, but I'm going to hate myself, and these last chapters have a lot to do to convince me that this is a good idea and that the episodic concept shouldn't just be further developed and explored in a new story.

Unless it's some sort of anthology thing, like American Horror Story, I guess, and it's just a different story with similar themes or set in the same world.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
he said on patreon that 2 chapters for patrons, more for non-patrons since we are few chapters behind.

PPE2RedDucks

Oct 3, 2018
Latest Patreon post:
A look at... Well, everything!
Hey!

Updates during this month have been intentionally scarce. Reason obviously partially being it contains a lot of fewer days (for us) than what we are usually accustomed to. Also, an insane amount of things are going on with the studio at the same time. Here, I will try to list some of them. This is a problem in a number of ways. I'm not gonna make a list but rather talk about what the entire studio is currently doing and why we've been quiet here and on Discord. Oh, and before I go on, the troll comments on our official website have all been deleted and disabled, an official statement has been made, and we are working to remedying trolls saying free games are a bad thing!!1
Okay, so let's start with DFD. Before this month's end, you will see the second to last chapter of DFD being published. It's been an indescribable thing to expand and develop my original idea and turn this into what I originally wanted this to be: 'a TV series' feeling game. As AW and I said in the podcast we did; we wanted this to feel like a TV series with Twin Peaks twists. I hope we accomplished that. I think most people don't appreciate what all of us go through every single month; it is truly indescribable.
- Ricky: is one of my best friends in all my life. We known each other in every way we can. We started this process together, we built it together from nothing, to this. We have no secrets from each other, have done everything for each other and continue to do so, and will always do so. I am extremely proud to call this person not only my colleague, but more importantly my friend.
- AW: You and I are so much alike it's almost scary. I guess the only thing that separates us is... Well, you and I know what that is. As I said in the stream AW and I did: I recruited AW for "not liking" my game. That's exactly what I was looking for: Challenge me. Tell me what was bad, good, meh, and anything else you can come up with. We are also true friends and we've had so many laughs and tears together I can't even count them.
- MuseX: The person in the team that resembles me in real life the most, and why you also should check out what he is doing on his Patreon. We are two very obstinate people with two very strong wills. This person is the greatest artist I have ever seen on Patreon making 3D illustrations, and I dare you to challenge me on that; because I bet you are wrong. I am extremely proud to have had the chance to work together with this awesome persone.
That's basically it. That's your 4-man team for DFD throughout all chapters so far (excluding two upcoming chapters). There are also more people involved, and I'd be happy to mention them when they want it.

Is the studio dying because DFD is reaching its end? Not even close; quite the opposite. We've been expanding ever since people started to like DFD.
Oh, and here's a preview of this month's $20 bonus with Heidi and Kathy finally... doing something:

View attachment 253243

So what is coming up?

Well, except for the horrendous month of Feb where all of a sudden 3 days goes missing in a fucking black hole-event horizon, we not only have to plan and make DFD, but also Game #3 which has now officially been named 'Double Homework' and is scheduled for release for an early March release, meaning it will, as we've said, intersect with DFD. And perhaps, with the anime game.
What has changed from DFD?
Well, a lot of things, actually. From DFD we have migrated from engine v2.0 to 3.0; which summarized enables a lot of new functionality. I think the most notable ones are the following:
A) The game is now a lot easier to change and edit, which will enable us to translate the games to a lot more languages.

B) Is a lot more compatible on phones. Allow me to do demonstrate:

This is the game on desktops:
View attachment 253241

This is the game interactive, currently on mobiles looking likes this:

I guess that's about it for today. Oh, I forgot about our Anime game. It's done extremely soon. But one could only blast so much info into one post.
You know what the best part is? The team that made DFD is now making DH! That is pretty f*cking awesome. Same team, new game. Oh, and yeah, the anime game will be out extremely soon. You guys guys have a lot to look forward too.
View attachment 253240
Cheers to Palmer and Team.

Just to say: that is such a cute photo (attached below, posted back up from the quoted post because quoted posts don't immediately show images, I think).

Whether a sort of harem, or just "best friends in a selfie" (all thinking to themselves either "he's mine, actually!", "you can have him!", variations on those themes, or whatever other thoughts may be crossing their minds), the girls look great, sexy, pretty .... and all told, pretty content with life, too.

Which in itself, after the many trials and tribulations, lows, knockbacks and better highs they've all been through - not to mention the MC! - is something to enjoy in itself. A very cute group portrait.

(It's a pity Olivia couldn't drive down to join in too - but you can't have everything, folks! :) )

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Hi! When will chapter 1 be released please? Also, is there a walkthrough for the prequel that is still in production?
Hi! Thanks for joining our site!

Chapter 1 has been released. You can find links in the OP.

There is a complete walkthrough for the unreleased prequel, but nobody has cracked it yet. The dev recently upped his security, and nobody has figured out how to crack it.

culrieux

Jan 21, 2018
hello fellow player, i'm here to ask your help. i sadly lost all my save after a stupid clean up of my browser files. so i have to start over from chap 1 but here my problem. now that i come back to chap 1 some thing seem to have change in a way i dont like. When i first played the game i remenber i got to choose between being real father or adoptive father of amamda, and she refered to me as her father. now i have to costumize myself the inpout of the game. but it feel unatural, did i'm in the wrong or do they actualy change that later and if that so. do somone have the old version in his pocket for me ?

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
hello fellow player, i'm here to ask your help. i sadly lost all my save after a stupid clean up of my browser files. so i have to start over from chap 1 but here my problem. now that i come back to chap 1 some thing seem to have change in a way i dont like. When i first played the game i remenber i got to choose between being real father or adoptive father of amamda, and she refered to me as her father. now i have to costumize myself the inpout of the game. but it feel unatural, did i'm in the wrong or do they actualy change that later and if that so. do somone have the old version in his pocket for me ?
When Palmer was forced to put in the customize option, all previous versions had to follow suit. I'm sure someone could dig up the very old versions but there's also no point because you wouldn't be able to transfer all the saves from one to another as there's been bug fixes that might corrupt your save files.

The new versions does the same thing it's just that you're forced to change. It might feel unnatural to you because you're forced to customize but it achieves the same point sooooo...

masteraaran

Jun 10, 2017
When Palmer was forced to put in the customize option, all previous versions had to follow suit. I'm sure someone could dig up the very old versions but there's also no point because you wouldn't be able to transfer all the saves from one to another as there's been bug fixes that might corrupt your save files.

The new versions does the same thing it's just that you're forced to change. It might feel unnatural to you because you're forced to customize but it achieves the same point sooooo...
I actually wish that some more devs would go this route, letting people customize their relationship to characters, and so by doing complying with Patreon's rules.

However, that said. I think what @culrieux may have meant was that there are a couple of times(at least one, that I noticed) in the early chapters, where even the customization can't fix some awkward wording. I would have to go back and replay the chapters again to find it, but the wording was clearly written as though Amanada was adopted and/or a friend just living with you, no matter what customization you may have put. It wasn't major, and easily looked past, but it was there.

3.50 star(s) 125 Votes