3.50 star(s) 125 Votes

Josh Spicer

Sep 19, 2018
Is there a difference between the official and cracked versions content-wise?
If you have a question, I would recommend first searching the thread before asking.

But because I just got back from a good time, I'll just tell you. Others might not be so nice.

Cracked versions were those that were hacked from the Patreon and are unofficial and often avoided because the official version are way better and not hacked or anything.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
content wise both are same (umpteenth time) and like josh spicer said search is your friend.

my opinion is that those cracked versions should be removed from op.

Wookie

Dec 27, 2017
content wise both are same (umpteenth time) and like josh spicer said search is your friend.

totally agree, they serve no purpose once the official versions are available

Reactions: OurTimeNow

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017

totally agree, they serve no purpose once the official versions are available
They do serve a purpose - they have voice acting. Someone might want that.

But is that enough to keep them? Probably not. The tech support debt seems too high for the return. At a minimum they should be guarded by a spoiler that says "if you don't know what this is, don't worry about it. See the cracked info in this post".

Fantabaldu

The Pirate King
Donor
Feb 19, 2019
They do serve a purpose - they have voice acting. Someone might want that.

But is that enough to keep them? Probably not. The tech support debt seems too high for the return. At a minimum they should be guarded by a spoiler that says "if you don't know what this is, don't worry about it. See the cracked info in this post".
Reasons to remove the cracked version and i'm of same opinion , is that these thread is full of people asking about differences between official and Cracked version and make so confuse this thread ; especially now that i think anybody will cracked the other missing chapters ; in every case not so important , just speaking ,now that Saga is ended , soon i think it will be available a free version with all chapters ; i just hope that this confusion will not be also for the other Palmer game Double Homework .

Reactions: RandomAct

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
no new cracks cause its waste of time (crackers and palmer's). DH's 1st chapter got cracked and since palmer hasn't told schedule where chapters get released for free so I expect that DH's thread will get "some" questions between versions and when next chapter will be cracked.

Josh Spicer

Sep 19, 2018
no new cracks cause its waste of time (crackers and palmer's). DH's 1st chapter got cracked and since palmer hasn't told schedule where chapters get released for free so I expect that DH's thread will get "some" questions between versions and when next chapter will be cracked.
Some questions is fine.

The same question every page, usually twice on the same one, is not.

Also, who you calling crackers?

(I'm kidding, I know what you meant).

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
DH's first chapter did not get cracked. The first chapter is open for non-patrons. I don't know if this is intended.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
well its not shown on their homepage (checked when saw DH on gamesofdesire and yesterday) as playable.

Fantabaldu

The Pirate King
Donor
Feb 19, 2019
From discord Channel ... it's possible to try the beta version of Chapter 17... just look at the link to download the off. version

@Everyone help us test DFD Ch17 Free before it goes out to the big public! Play online: Download (Windows): Do you need a backup for the online version? -> No random chat allowed here. PM me if you think you found a bug or you have a tech issue with this specific release.

Just a quick post with backup saves to all chapters of DFD. Use this if you’re experiencing any issues or lost your save. Click here to download.

vitamin433

May 11, 2018
There are "online" and "offline" versions in describtion, but only "official" and "cracked" in download section. I remember how I stopped play after ch4, 'cuz ch5 was online/offline (well, can't really remember, but something opposite) and it was sad. Very. Sad like wasted 40 minutes of my life.

So the question is, what in the packages in download section? Is there any sudden end for on/off-line chain??

3.50 star(s) 125 Votes