3.50 star(s) 125 Votes

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
So ... just to put this all to rest ... official games - 1-17 are readily available. They use saves that are also readily available - they are all in the Opening Post.
Cracked early versions are at this time discontinued and can only be played separately 1 to 11 for good ol' days purposes.
Find your c:/users/user/appData/local/VNE2 folder to drop the saves and everyone is ready to go!
P.S. find the VN2 folder cxx posted on May 6th and go play!
those who are asking saves: try these.

Reactions: Fantabaldu

Bruce_Wayne18

Mar 14, 2018
The release format for this game pushed me away from it. I hope when the game's finished someone will make all the episodes into one VN game.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I am a little confused. I have episode 17 version 0.9 downloaded. Is the latest upload something different, because it doesn't appear to be.

Reactions: blahblah25

Fantabaldu

The Pirate King
Donor
Feb 19, 2019
@rf96 @Ejhay

He has already wrote before one of the Devs some post ago abouth this things . Probably Palmer will release a full file with the whole game further on .
For sure it will not port in Ren'Py ;DFD is build with custom Engine and they don't have intention to change for many reasons and because to code all with a new engine could need months of work ; nobody i think will never make this .

Reactions: Prim. and RustyV

rf96

I rape lolis with my tentacles
Uploader
Donor
Aug 11, 2017
I just simply don't understand why he spends hundreds of hours building a custom engine that is worse than Renpy. It looks absurd.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
And I hope he will compile it in Renpy, not this shitty engine. I refuse to play to that shit.
Damn. You're freaking demanding for a freeloader who didn't pay a dime to support the dev. Good on yer mate.

rf96

I rape lolis with my tentacles
Uploader
Donor
Aug 11, 2017
Damn. You're freaking demanding for a freeloader who didn't pay a dime to support the dev. Good on yer mate.
I spent hundreds of $ on Patreon this year, but I'd rather pay for games that are not annoying to play.

Reactions: blahblah25

Fantabaldu

The Pirate King
Donor
Feb 19, 2019
I just simply don't understand why he spends hundreds of hours building a custom engine that is worse than Renpy. It looks absurd.
it's absurd in my opinion for other Devs not to have a owner custom engine , not the contrary .
One of the reason ( there are a lot of other reasons here ) that Palmer have actually more then 6.000 triers is this is that nobody can copy his work ; Ren'Py i agree is more playable for a gamer , but to make a game with something personalized , it's really more difficult , you need superior technician capacity to be able to make

Endrju

Shadows of the Past
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 20, 2017
Yeah, my hopes are low.
needlessly, palmer said he will release game in full on steam or whatever so we just have to wait. it doesnt cost anything to wait

@rf96 @Ejhay
He has already wrote before one of the Devs some post ago abouth this things . Probably Palmer will release a full file with the whole game further on .
For sure it will not port in Ren'Py ;DFD is build with custom Engine and they don't have intention to change for many reasons and because to code all with a new engine could need months of work ; nobody i think will never make this .

i would definitely go with custom engine for my stuff if i had the knowledge. it sure sucks from customer perspective because newest updates aren't cracked but from developer perspective its genius, its worth it if only for the fact of peck in the nose to all the ppl who like to get things for free. its getting even funnier because updates are released for free but in later time. waiting is a bitch i know:cool:

Reactions: Fantabaldu

JoeSte91

Apr 12, 2018
i would definitely go with custom engine for my stuff if i had the knowledge. it sure sucks from customer perspective because newest updates aren't cracked but from developer perspective its genius, its worth it if only for the fact of pimple in the nose to all the ppl who like to get things for free. its getting even funnier because updates are released for free but in later time. waiting is a bitch i know:cool:
There are reasons to prefer renpy over this custom engine that have nothing to do with cracking though. Although, obviously then the solution is to build a better custom engine.

Reactions: January2015

Endrju

Shadows of the Past
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 20, 2017
There are reasons to prefer renpy over this custom engine that have nothing to do with cracking though. Although, obviously then the solution is to build a better custom engine.
you know im always open to talk shop if you have those kind of skills or at least know someone who do hit me up,
that better engine sounds amazing.
im a fan of renpy myself and as we can see fuck load of devs despite their deepest desires of trying something new are
tucking a tail and switching back to the "golden boy" but once in the while someone is doing his own thing like for example mentioned Palmer. as we can see it works and couple of unsatisfied players like me or you can go and fuck the right off :cool:

you said yourself that
It looks absurd.
but i think you taking it so personally is absurd, its just a game and from what we can hear not with the best couple of updates, so getting all hard about mediocre story and engine i think its more worthwhile to play a game that is on renpy, there is fuck load of them. anyway i think we are going off topic a bit.
if you really want to try the game just wait maybe they will a bit rebuild the engine for it to run as one whole game:giggle:

3.50 star(s) 125 Votes