4.30 star(s) 4 Votes

Rugerrell6

Jun 26, 2020
I liked this game at first but I was extremely disappointed at the endings and I thought the final siege was gonna be fun. The whole game you go around recruiting people to fight for the island and then you dont get play as any of them or really find anything else about them besides a few lines of dialogue. Not to mention if you wanna play this game for the lewd content prepare to be disappointed the art is... pretty bad. This is just my opinion of the game but feel free to try it out for yourselves.

Krolarnin

Sep 25, 2017
Where's the lesbian and gay content from?
Going by the art folder, there's only 1 gay scene between Dalkon and Brandis. if you're here only for the gay tag like me, looks like it's another straight game with a single gay scene. Pic in spoiler:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

There were multiple lesbian scenes
Mercy x Hallie (spanking and scissoring)
Mercy x Wulf (69/fingering)
Mercy x Nun (toys)
And a Mercy scene with a burnette chick (rimming) with a really long tongue, pics were just called SSMercy1 and SSMercy2 so not sure what her name is. SSMercy 2 pic in spoiler:

And a couple futa/female scenes mercy x hallie where mercy is futa. And Bulka who seems to be futa horse dick chick, one with mercy and another with wulf.

And a variety of male/female and male/female/female scenes (some of the m/f/f scenes had some action going on between the two females)

Might be more scenes without art but with only 1 gay art pic, I'm out.

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
I don't know why some artists are obsessed with making an anus look like a doughnut, or completely blown out (prolapsed). I find that to be a turn off and laughable at the same time! Some of the art is nicely done, and yet it seems other art was done quickly and cheap.

Still like the game and looking forward to playing out the latest update. Probably going to have to start over after reading the change log.

Reactions: Ninthja

vultron

May 19, 2018
Based on what I am reading this game sounds like it turned out to be a phenomenal disappointment. lol

Oct 29, 2020
Going by the art folder, there's only 1 gay scene between Dalkon and Brandis. if you're here only for the gay tag like me, looks like it's another straight game with a single gay scene.

Might be more scenes without art but with only 1 gay art pic, I'm out.
Way too many games do that. I always wonder why the developers even add any gay scenes at all when it's a game obviously meant for straight people.
Learned my lesson after playing through 4 hours of an RPG with the gay tag, having to see unavoidable straight sex scenes even though I went out of my way to avoid them at all costs and then seeing ONE sex scene between the male MC and two femboy fairies (literally just looked like flat-chested girls with penises). So absolutely no reason for the gay tag when there's only one (very short & clearly avoidable) scene with two barely-recognisable-as-male guys in a game that's several hours long (and there were still loads of people asking if "gay content is avoidable?" even though we all know that it always is if it's not a gay game).
Since then I've used the keyword search in every comment thread of those games and it has helped immensely.

Just like you have, so thank you! Highly appreciated.

CorwinFr

Feb 19, 2018
This game is amazing, I mean on the concept and deep history. Beside lasted time I played there was few sex scene and quite all non repeatable. Is it still the case ?

SEGentlemen

Jun 16, 2018
Tried 2 download sources, getting this on both even if I hit options the game works as far as main menu, but if try a new game or options or even credits, I get this right away 1640742392833.png

The older versions work just fine.

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
Based on what I am reading this game sounds like it turned out to be a phenomenal disappointment. lol
Funny, but personally its a game I came across and played, but then it went pay-to-download after version 0.116.3. And since I already invested time into completing the last public update (0.116.3) I wanted to finish out the game.

Thankfully its back to public release, and its suppose to be a completed storyline however it looks as if the dev is using the game as therapy to cope with everything thats gone on over the last year or two, and keeps adding or refining the game.

Not disappointed by the game since I knew what content the game had or lewd content it lacked after playing it a few times. There are far worse games on F95 that seem to get more attention and still lack lewd content.

Reactions: CorwinFr

SEGentlemen

Jun 16, 2018
Downloaded the demo of 1.2 from itch.io and it works without any problems just like the older versions..
Anyone has any clue why this steam 1.2 version might not work for me, does it work fine for everyone else?

Teezee

Jan 14, 2018
I am encountering a bug whenever I fight a 'boss' .. happened in Esterholt (cave) and again in MarLiore (lake) ...
don't remember getting this bug in 0.116 (the last free version that was posted here a century or so ago :p)

DOE_bug.jpg

Coreyesgrdn

Dec 7, 2021
So currently, I'm in the Esterholt chapter (AKA the cold place) and though I did play that part in the game's beta, I'm not exactly proud of that playthrough because I may have more or less ruined my reputation in that place. Any tips to share about that specific chapter? Thank you :)

N0b0dy1nh3r3

Nov 26, 2020
I am encountering a bug whenever I fight a 'boss' .. happened in Esterholt (cave) and again in MarLiore (lake) ...
don't remember getting this bug in 0.116 (the last free version that was posted here a century or so ago :p)

View attachment 1574675
Got the same bug as you mentioned and later in the Story, there is an unskippable boss fight, which ruined the whole experience on my part, because the game crashes every time -.-. I don't know what to da about it, either.

Teezee

Jan 14, 2018
Got the same bug as you mentioned and later in the Story, there is an unskippable boss fight, which ruined the whole experience on my part, because the game crashes every time -.-. I don't know what to da about it, either.
Oh I already solved that problem, sorry I didn't post a follow up ... this is what you need to do

download the demo version from this link

Go to the original (main) game folder (if you downloaded it from here, it will be the daughter_of_essence-v1.2) copy the www folder, paste that in the demo folder replacing all the files and start the game using the demo exe file, and there you go; the boss fights will not bug out, and you can actually finish the story.

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017

View attachment 1574675
I kept getting this error during this same boss fight. I also kept getting these error windows during every battle while in Mar’Liore.

I saw the 'fix' by Teezee and thats worked but if this error has appeared beyond Esterholt it going to be impossible to get the end of the game in v1.2, until the dev fixes the issue.

Teezee

Jan 14, 2018
I kept getting this error during this same boss fight. I also kept getting these error windows during every battle while in Mar’Liore.

I saw the 'fix' by Teezee and thats worked but if this error has appeared beyond Esterholt it going to be impossible to get the end of the game in v1.2, until the dev fixes the issue.
No you can finish the game with my fix :) .. that's how I finished the game and tried the different endings ... just keep playing with the 'demo exe' ..till you finish the game

Reactions: Re-4Andrew

SEGentlemen

Jun 16, 2018
No you can finish the game with my fix :) .. that's how I finished the game and tried the different endings ... just keep playing with the 'demo exe' ..till you finish the game
Even with this fix, on some setups, there are some errors still, that can cause a crash too.
I had another one with a timeout on some audio stuff, on one of my builds.

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
What I did or was doing, I would take the save folder from the demo and paste it into 1.2. But that bug continues to be an issue beyond Esterholt in version 1.2.

And for some reason your fix added to the demo seems to make the game run smoother. Not sure if thats because the demo has less garbage files included when compared to the files in 1.2. But your fix is something I will keep in the back of my mind for other RPG maker games should I encounter this problem with other updates from other devs. (y)

I wasn't sure if your fix was to get beyond the error bug, but I kinda realized your fix turned the demo into 1.2 since you had to copy the entire WWW folder from 1.2.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 4 Votes