4.30 star(s) 4 Votes

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
The developer decided to paywall the game some time ago. If you use Gaagle search or which ever search engine you choose, you can find 4-6 sites (beside Patreon) that have the game but you need to pay in order to download.

Not sure why there was a change from public updates to strictly paywalled versions. The last time checked the Patreon site it was still the same version (public) as this forums opening page, that was four months ago.

Kind of pissed about it, put time into the game waiting for public updates but now I'm trying to decide if I want to pay (It won't be Patreon) to finish the story. This is a pirate site and people refuse to upload paywall games out of respect for the devs.

Reactions: gg123

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Not sure why there was a change from public updates to strictly paywalled versions. The last time checked the Patreon site it was still the same version (public) as this forums opening page, that was four months ago.
The game is completed.

There is no public free version of it because it's up on Steam and devs can't offer it cheaper elsewhere.

Jonathan Y

Dec 1, 2020
Ugh, it's region banned for me on Steam, fucking hell.
Is there enough content in this version to be satisfied or will I just get blue balled ?

IndoorMinotaur

Sep 4, 2017
Ugh, it's region banned for me on Steam, fucking hell.
Is there enough content in this version to be satisfied or will I just get blue balled ?
DoE is also available for purchase on and . These sites also have a free demo with the first four chapters of the Steam release included.

Reactions: Jonathan Y

Lord154

Jan 8, 2018
Hello all

At last i am able to buy it. And i just do it.

THANK YOU for your WONDERFULL game, maybe the best RPGMaker game i was ever have played (both adult and not) and better that a lot of official games (from big game studios).
It has everything i want in a game. Good Story, Wonderful characters and big enough to enjoy for many-many hours. And choices are important. I Love RPGs and i really love this game.

Reactions: IndoorMinotaur

Tomy75

Sep 27, 2018
Hello all

Well there is a walkthrough, but it only for v. 096, not for the most recent one. Unfortunattely i can't find it anywhere, so i upload it in my mega for you to download. And no you can't save BOTH Balgruuf and Lily, one of them must die.

Mega
The link is dead and I would love to see this walkthrough please.
I’m stuck right at the start because I can’t find the supposed ‘alley’ where the wedding ring is.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017

Hi everyone, I want to say first that for everyone who has remained a patron despite the game's release: thank you from the bottom of my heart. I love you, and I hope everyone's been hanging in there.

As some of you probably know already, I was very ill for most of last year and the early part of this year, and then I lost my dad the same week that Daughter of Essence was set to release. Then I found out my dog has cancer... so I needed a break from everything and I took it, and now I feel pretty good and I've been making a little progress on a new update for the game.
I figured I would finally make a formal announcement that it was coming, since today I cleared a hurdle that has been holding me back for weeks: integration with Greenworks, which will allow me to implement Steam achievements. I have a ways to go still, but I hope you'll look forward to what's coming.

Besides achievements, there will also be a lot of narrative revision and improvement, some expansions to existing scenes, and even some new scenes added for a better and more thoroughly explored narrative.
I'm also adding a special new portrait, fixing a lot of bugs and improving the combat balance in a bunch of different ways.
So, thanks for your patience, thanks for your continued support, and I hope you look forward to what's coming soon!

- Nym

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017

Hi everyone, long time no see! I'm very pleased to report that a new content update has gone live today featuring a long list of improvements, fixes and even brand new content, including Steam Achievements!
At some point later today (soon, I think!), the Steam Winter Sale will start and the game will also be 33% off, in case for whatever reason you didn't yet own a copy on .
If you are a patron, you will be able to opt-in to the special patron-only build on Steam which features a nice little bundle of bonus goods when starting a new game, including a patron-exclusive item. The code for that will be available at the , which can also be found on our main Patreon page under the "Patrons" line near the top.
I'm very grateful to everyone who has remained a supporter until now. This may be the last content update to Daughter of Essence for a good long while, since I would like to work on something else for a while. But who knows what the future holds? The fact that so many of you all here at all is still really incredible to me.
Much love,
Nym

Version 1.2 - 12-22-2021
  • Added new armored Mercy portraits and sprites (normal, fishing, riding and battle sprites)!
  • Added Steam Achievements!
  • Added new gauges and an improved HUD to the final siege for better transparency
  • Updated a number of different scenes with new dialogue
  • Performance Improvements
  • Added new voice lines to some of the endings
  • Added a plugin to halt the in-built fast-forward function of RPG Maker during certain cut-scenes (I believe fast-forward was causing image-related crashes on some lower-spec machines. Hopefully we will see much less of these now)
  • Marlan’s Guard-Breaker now correctly removes Stone Spines, making the ejderha fight nicer
  • Fixed an issue where Feodor’s unconscious form would vanish after leaving the Aster manor
  • Fixed some passability issues
  • Fixed an issue where Beatrix scenes could play while in the guest room next door
  • Delilah’s room will now be open immediately after she’s recruited
  • Fixed an issue where Naomi could either miss with Lotus Shot, or else use it on the wrong target
  • Fixed an issue where a line of dialogue could be repeated twice by two separate enemies
  • Van Ritter and company are gone from Witchdale after confronting them
  • Fixed an issue where cocoa beans weren’t previously healing
  • Fixed an issue where the chocolate bar wasn’t properly learned from the recipe book
  • Slightly rebalanced final siege values
  • Fixed an issue where the Dietrich & Moon scene could be triggered after one of them fell in the siege
  • Fixed an issue where the first Vincent & Gertrude scene could be triggered after ch. 8
  • Fixed some portrait-related crashes
  • Implemented ShadyCorner integration
  • Fixed an issue where “Wound Essence” was lost after a respec
  • Some Accessibility mode improvements have been made

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes