Triple OG

Aug 28, 2019
I like the premise of the game giving you a good, neutral, and bad affinity but there's not enough content here to really judge all of that. Other than peeping on your sister all you can do is grind 2 weeks worth of washing dishes for a box of chocolates ($250). Then when you give said girl the box of chocolate you get cockblocked by your childhood friend and the chick keeps the goods:WaitWhat:.

I hope this game continues to grow but it isn't 5 star worthy yet.

Reactions: Whiteleaf Studio

Zantei

Sep 22, 2018
I get that it's like alpha beta delta version 0.000000001 but like.. really? We didn't even get a taste of anything. We got exactly 2 scenes with the """roommate""" and they were shorter than the download lol the art style is good I just wish it could've been shown off more as a first impression.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
So....

Why is there already a bad end and why do we have a morality system that's utterly meaningless ?

If i select evil and peep on the roomate character -> Game Over even though you get + Evil points.
If i select neutral or good and peep -> Game over.

Like what's the point ?

The only thing that seemed to be different was the ability to steal chocolates instead of buying them.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

what's the point
Game on! Hero must be culled in the bad ways to straighten up and follow the plot
in this game so as to flourish and blossom among the babes we are given!

It is afeature in the game ... think carefully and never look back .. Game oN!
Dawn of Malice has a unique feature, you can choose your moral alignment at the beginning, and this will allow you to have some UNIQUE options during your gaming.
Think carefully, because there is no going back
from your actions in this game

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Game on! Hero must be culled in the bad ways to straighten up and follow the plot
in this game so as to flourish and blossom among the babes we are given!

It is afeature in the game ... think carefully and never look back .. Game oN!
This is the only time i'm going to respond to this level of dumb....

If you have an alignment system it should be meaningful and allow for diverse choices that fit within the scope of the players choice. If you're telling me be good and only good and never take the evil path then it's utterly fucking pointless to have the system to begin with. The player has no agency and must act only as the "script" intends which apparently is the Shining White Knight or face the Game Over screen.

It's legitimately pointless, that's not a feature that's bad design.

• Wow
Reactions: Canto Forte

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Thank you very much for your in depth feed back.
Game oN!
Enjoy the babes!
Have a happy go lucky week end and be a happy Gamer!

Whiteleaf Studio

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2019
This is the only time i'm going to respond to this level of dumb....

If you have an alignment system it should be meaningful and allow for diverse choices that fit within the scope of the players choice. If you're telling me be good and only good and never take the evil path then it's utterly fucking pointless to have the system to begin with. The player has no agency and must act only as the "script" intends which apparently is the Shining White Knight or face the Game Over screen.

It's legitimately pointless, that's not a feature that's bad design.
Listen, partner. If you're on the bad route, you HAVE a choice to either take it too far (literally PUT YOUR HEAD ON HER BUTT) or not. Would you do it on real life and expect no consequences? Be real.

Also, game just started and you're hoping for meaningful choices this early on? Come on.

Whiteleaf Studio

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2019
Listen, partner. If you're on the bad route, you HAVE a choice to either take it too far (literally PUT YOUR HEAD ON HER BUTT) or not. Would you do it on real life and expect no consequences? Be real.

Also, game just started and you're hoping for meaningful choices this early on? Come on.
Now, if you're expecting this game to be one of these where you can do ANYTHING and people won't find it weird at all, play on the good mode or even neutral, or just don't play the game at all, it's not your thing. I'm trying to make a game where you need to think about your actions, that's it.

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
I see both sides here.

Sure, obviously if you pick EVIL, you're going to have some negative consequences. And yeah, IRL, you're limited by a plethora of systems and ideas that should push you to be ethically good (e.g. laws, social contract, whatever).

However, I think the main complaint is that, well:

1.) It's a game. Most gamers expect some magnitude of escapism and 'what ifs'. Stretching the boundaries and doing things you can't do IRL is why some people play games.

2.) Not all gamers seem to like ethically linear games that push/force you a certain direction. And even linear games nowadays have enough depth that the "decisions" you make are morally gray or darker in tone. But think of popular games like GTA, Sims, or Skyrim/Fallout (what your game is ... well, to be frank, seems to be modeled after). Sure, there are definitely consequences to being evil or doing evil things. But you don't always get Game Overs for following that route.

For example, (2 decade old spoiler) blowing up Megaton and killing innocents sure is evil. And you are definitely hit with consequences, like locking yourself out of quests and having Megaton survivors hunt you. But you can still play the game. Ditto with GTA, where committing a myriad of crimes means at least you have the option of getting yourself out of the situation (e.g. hiding or committing even more crimes lol). Sure, they're open-world games, but I hope you understand my analogy here.

Anyway, I'm a white-knight sort of player, so I suppose this doesn't apply to me at all. But I can understand the frustrations of players who want a freer experience, especially since you're actually given ethical situations in this game, in which only certain choices will cause a positive result for their character (or at least let them continue the game).

On another note, I'm happily watching the game - I love everything so far, so I don't have any feedback. Sure, lots of people are complaining about the lack of sexual content, but with an 0.01 alpha ... seriously? This is proof of concept. I'll be patiently following, and hoping that y'all don't drop this (or that development doesn't stall).

It would've been nice to have devs focusing on a single game (yeah yeah, I get they're just devs united under one brand), because ... well, even though I understand the concept, given all the Patreon devs who are multitasking on multiple games at once, it's incredibly frustrating for players, especially those who are used to that around here. Progress slows to a crawl on one/both games, quality suffers, etc. Anyway, not anyone's fault, but just something that gets a bad rep.

3.30 star(s) 34 Votes